812 VS Rumors | Page 142 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    What an epic line up of your GTO/TDf/ with a VS would make back to back - that will hopefully be a New thread next year when I’m assuming most customer cars get delivered ...I may have been mistaken but my understanding was the dealers had less input this time ...? But hope you’re right and local dealer knowledge of ‘genuinely deserving‘ - non-flipper clients count more ..

LARRYH and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    You may be right. It's true that Ferrari dealers had unexpectedly high sales last year - albeit mostly used cars.

My point is unless Covid created new buyers for Ferrari, its not unreasonable to assume the buyer pool is dented. I know several buyers of new Ferraris who've been seriously hurt by Covid, or who did not take delivery of their ordered car for Covid related $$ reasons, etc. So I am extrapolating a bit and assuming its happening everywhere.

Avia11 likes this.
  3. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    On the first question, you are 100% OK. If the car is in the system and appears in your CRM it is considered “owned”
    If you still have the GTO and TDF I’d be amazed if you didn’t get the car!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Prancing12

Prancing12 Karting

May 8, 2005
    New tire sizes from Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R has been homologated for Ferrari

- 255/35/20
    - 275/35/20
    - 315/30/20
    - 315/35/20

mclaren slr, tomc, BG23 and 3 others like this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Excellent news, thank you for sharing these details here!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    a gto and a new v8 lusso and a pista would be a good starting point in your opinion? or the V8 lusso does not really count as only v12 matter?

7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I still do own the GTO and Tdf plus many more. I don't think I'll have a problem for the coupe but the Aperta is all but impossible for me

Veloce12 and of2worlds like this.
  8. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Fact is that buying any Ferrari NEW will always give you a much higher recognition than buying USED. In terms of weighting, my guess is that owning NEW gets you 100 points in the CRM whereas buying USED gets you around 50 (or maybe even less). So if you bought a USED 599 GTO and bought a GTC4LussoT and 488Pista NEW I think your chances may be slim...

For the TDF, selected clients had to purchase four new cars in the last five years, preferably some V12s and owning a 599GTO from new helped. I can only imagine it being roughly the same, if not a little more demanding today. Again various criteria mixes are likely and everything may vary amongst regions and dealerships. I can imagine that its a lot trickier to getting an allocation at a place like H.R. Owen in London over a Ferrari Hawaii as there are way more big collectors and VVIP clients in such a densely populated region with UHNWIs all over the place. Sure, one may argue that such a dealer may get arppox. 8 cars whereas Hawaii may get only 2 cars.

I personally think if you bought 3-4 four new Ferraris in the last five years, including some Lusso, Portofino or Roma + owning some special series preferably of course if they are V12 and you own at least 5 Ferraris in total your chances are pretty good. Obviously a strong involvement with the brand helps, meaning attending events, having a close relationship to the sales team and dealership, engaging in the racing is massively beneficial, age (prefer a client to be 50 as opposed to 95) and of course if you've been with the brand for a "while". Id say the chosen client pool for the 812VS will be around 90% VVIP customers that own many new current range cars amongst the TDF, GTO etc. for both the coupe and convertible and of course the convertible for the VVVIPs who own LaF, Monza, Enzo etc. The remaining 10% may be some individuals who they believe in and could move up the Ferrari ladder in that sense. Ferrari regards you as their top tier client if you race in the Challenge Series or GT3, own at least 5 street cars and own at least one classical car.

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Your Ferrari 'score' is made up of a number of competing influences. The current cars have a point value but that is automatically reduced over time just like the value of the car goes down. However the points for a LaFerrari or 599 SA Aperta don't decline; over time those points remain intact. Participation in various Ferrari sanctioned events is also good. One thing you have no control over however is points for your 'age' go down as you get older...

ppg70 likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Great post. I think one thing that can't be denied is at least in the past, there was a limit in supply. Even as recent as the TDF. Due to the supply/demand imbalance, you will 'make' money with a particular allocation (at least on paper initially.)

So, how do you assign these elements of instant equity gain? - I find nothing wrong with picking based on the customer that has had the most outlay - on the most profitable models (and least popular.)

So the practice to me is not as outlandish as you posit.

italiafan likes this.
  11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Phew - we got there in the end. V12 owners seems to have a higher level of tolerance :)

Thecadster and ilcapodizurigo like this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

I saw that episode too, and I was offended as well. They simply labeled all Ferrari guys as douchebags IIRC. Pretty ironic for Farah since he seems to make his living off of showing off cars to people like us, and only passingly mediocre at it as well.

I don’t know what is so hard to understand about the way many Ferrari enthusiasts go about their passion for these cars (or course there are numerous different types).
    Is the guy who dreams of a 308 for 2 decades, finally gets one, adores it, works on it himself, rescues animals on the weekends, builds houses for Habitat for Humanity (for instance)...a ******bag?
    Wealthy people who want the latest cars which often are in short supply relative to demand have to be higher up on a pecking order to get the object of their desire. They have the money, they play the “game” and they enjoy their latest toy...does that make him a ******bag?
    No, of course not.
    It’s how you conduct yourself, whether you be a teacher enjoying your less-costly dream car, or a 9-figure hedge fund manager....that’s what determines if you are a ******bag...not Ferrari.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Absolutly, as so well said it s considered as your future property.

of2worlds and ilcapodizurigo like this.
  14. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Well said !

of2worlds likes this.
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'll happily trade those endless debates for some @ingegnere sketches... I miss the good ol'days

16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I think an equal, or perhaps even better, counterargument can be made that COVID has positively impacted the high end car market. Anecdotally, we have seen some cars run up in value modestly (for example the 05/06 Ford GT), and others that were falling found footing (for example the 720S). Certainly, many buyers have left the market, while many others find themselves a little more flush with far less disposable income being devoted to travel and entertainment. All in all, in a strange twist, the high end market seems maybe just a little stronger today than it was this time last year. Of course, I am no expert, this is just my personal read.

ScrappyB likes this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I don't even know what the debate is after reading a few pages. Especially to a level that will draw ire from some. Seems like a simple question right? If the next car will be limited or not?

From what I can see as historical practice, it either will (which will know during the announcement the run size = F12 tdf = 799 units) or it won't - which Ferrari will NOT give a public number (i.e. Pista)

The former easy and unequivocal to define if the run is limited or not, the latter based on what Maranello deems appropriate.

italiafan and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Rogan said 100% of Ferrari owners are doucebags = hyperbole.

I would be lying if I didn't say some Ferrari owners are D-bags, no doubt.

However,
    Farah does respond by saying he loves Ferrari and driving them. So I take that as an implicit defense. Otherwise - his very own guest, by Joe's definition, is a *****, something that Joe obviously doesn't think by having him on the show.

italiafan and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    What? Did someone on the forum invent the car nothing much would impress moat of the people on this forum

ForeverCar and of2worlds like this.
  20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I really don't see how qualifying for the new releases is going to be much different than in the past. If you have been getting VS allocations regularly then you've been buying many of the other cars including V12 so you should have no problem this time as well. And with something around 1500 total to come out the only questions for those is can I be first and can I get both the VS and Aperta. Of course, must keep the Aperta and flip the coup if necessary as space is tight next to the hyper cars!

Spider68 likes this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I agree. Here you go Olivier. Imagine in grey :D Thoughts?

If the nose on the red mule is indeed final, looks a bit weird but unless it’s blacked out or has added fairings, might look like this. Either right or left side—they’re different.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F140C, stavura, Tommy Boy and 25 others like this.
  22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Owning a Ferrari (or any car) will never be a litmus test for participation here. The only thing gentlemen and ladies of good character want is a legitimate interest, or in your case, passion. However, why is the question is asked? Your demeanor has a particular fragrance that long time Fchatters recognize. Associated with let us just say, not folks that have the community's best interest in mind.

That said, let us share in our communal appreciation for the marque, as I understand the consternation at hand is if the 812 Special Edition will be limited or not.

Hardly a topic that should create enemies don't you agree? We'll find out soon enough.

Eilig and ForeverCar like this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh yes, and if I may say the prediction is a failure.

The reason is when I read his list, everything on it was publically available sans the following: F40 and 250 Icona, both of which were not released as speculated. Also, it was mentioned that there would be an FF/GT4 Lusso replacement, which everything I hear is the SUV will supersede the line entirely.

So it's 0 out of 3. Not good.

red passion likes this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Sincerely curious, what do you mean in the difference between Spyders and a Convertible?

The Barchetta was a true open-top (as in the roof was meant as a temporary bare-bones non-long term feature) and it was limited to 448 units. The Superamerica is called "Aperta" ala SpecialeA and limited to 80.

Perhaps I am not understanding what do you mean by VS? Maybe I'm confused.

Kind regards.