488 Pista Spider or SF90 Stradale? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Spider or SF90 Stradale?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Sirt2k, Jan 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I don't care for the tail lights, the triangle glass over the engine, or the whiskers in the front.

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Whiskers never look good. We like BuddyG beards.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Coincid and GT2goneF like this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    D
    Disappointing.

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    What they claim is 15 mile full Quali mode as in driving it on the track, that is why he brought up one lap on "The Ring" and several laps on Fiorano. If you were driving it on the street (which I assume you were), you couldn't possibly make a dent on the battery power.

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The entire car is not harmonious to me. Seems like a bad attempt of a Picasso. Sorry

Coincid and mdrums like this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Caption: If you are gonna grow it, do it right or shave that $#!t off

8. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    I don't believe that's true. I think you will find the LaFerrari successor in the next few years.

MANDALAY, Coincid, GT2goneF and 2 others like this.
  9. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I was just discussing this with a local car friend of mine that is deep into exotics. We think there are parts of the car the look great but it doesn’t all seem to fit together, especially the rear end and top of the rear seems way off to us. However need to see it in person and then I honestly can get one anyway....so there’s that. Lol

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    This is one of those situations in which the product with regards to the sum of its parts.... just don't add up... No, the product is definitely not more than the sum of its parts.

mdrums likes this.
  12. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Which means that a large majority of the drivers will be satisfied because most will use it on the street.

At the risk of repeating myself I can’t see anyone disappointed with the way this car performs, time will tell I guess.

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Very valid point! Touchè! Performance-wise perhaps... But we still have the ugly car in the room, though... Or did I mean to say Elephant? No, I was right, ugly car in the room

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    #64 Fortis, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Aesthetics are subjective, what you think looks good I probably think looks terrible, who is right and who is wrong? In the context of me buying the car that makes me right every single time, coupled with the fact that I do not care for other’s opinions when I spend my own money, having said that your opinion on its looks are also correct from your point of view, so you can see how the looks “argument” would lead nowhere.

So yes in your room there might be an ugly elephant but there isn’t one in my room and what matters the most to us as individuals is how much we like what we have in our own individual rooms. If one’s insecurities would sway their opinions therefore their decisions/choices to appease the general consensus I could see how one would be faced with a dilemma, they might love the way the car drives but because everyone calls it ugly they might not want to be seen in one, I can understand but luckily I don’t have such issues.

Personally I’d score the aesthetics of the SF90:
    - 6 out of 10 generic color non AF
    - 7.5 out of 10 generic color with AF
    - 8 out of 10 special color non AF
    - 8.5 out of 10 special color with AF
    - 8.5 out of 10 Spider generic color non AF
    - 9 out of 10 Spider special color with AF

I’ve ordered the car as soon it was released subject to a visual inspection and a test drive, IRL the car looks much better than the photos, not in love with the design but not terrible either, after I test drove the car I instantly fell in love with it so some of the design dislikes become irrelevant to me, robbing myself of the excitement of driving this car is not worth some of the design dislikes I have so i specced a car exactly how I like it and now I am impatiently waiting.
    When the Spider was released some of the design dislikes I had were resolved and so it was a no brainer for me, I called the dealer and swapped my order.

I am not here to convince you or anyone that the car is good looking or ugly that’s a decision for you to make, what I will say is that irrespective of the aesthetics if you are a car guy the general consensus will be that this is a phenomenally exciting and entertaining car to own and drive and that fact isn’t as subjective as its aesthetics.

spyderman, Gh21631, of2worlds and 5 others like this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My eyes have revealed that the SF90 is not harmoniously resolved which creates a disparate design aesthetic which is evident depending upon the angle of the car being viewed. It is as if multiple designers with individual with differing objectives relying heavily on CAD created this car.

mdrums and GT2goneF like this.
  16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am sorry you took this as a personal attack and chose to try to take me to school on a subjective topic. I was just giving my opinion on the esthetics (or lack thereof-again, my opinion) of the car. If anybody here knows me. I am pretty equanimous with regards to personal preferences and opinions. In addition, I would never try to sway anybody's opinion to match my own. I am glad that you like the car. If you end up getting one, may you enjoy it thoroughly. Again, I apologize for giving my opinion and for making you feel as it was a personal attack. Have a great day.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

spyderman likes this.
  17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Fortis congrats on the car it is an amazing car but my eyes think it is ugly and I have seen it in person, that didn't help.

The performance WILL be incredible though!

mdrums and GT2goneF like this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Aesthetics are 100% subjective. The only opinion that matters is the person purchasing the car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Fortis - I did not see your post about purchasing the SF90. If I did, I would have kept my thoughts to myself. I apologize for being unnecessarily rude and inconsiderate.

spyderman and GT2goneF like this.
  19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have no problem with how the SF90 looks. Saw it in person and its an impressive beast. The video by Brooks with all the different modes made me a little sad. There is no more hit the gas and go. Im sure I will get used to it but as a looker, I really like the sf90. Even the @buddyg whisker headlights are growing on me.

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Ok I admit it they modeled the front whiskers on my beard.

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Never connected with my Pista Spider. Too confused. SF90 Spider if only one, without a shadow of doubt. I ended up trading the Spider in for a regular Pista and also have an SF90 coming. Too different, so which one would fit really depends on your needs. As a road car only, I think the SF90 is the better car. As a track day car, I'd probably prefer the Pista. Have tried the road trip and dd driving with the Pista Spider, and I did not really find it that great.

Here's what I found to fit me.

F8 Spdier
    Pista coupé
    SF90 coupé
    812 GTS

GT2goneF and of2worlds like this.
  22. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I have never taken your comments as a personal attack, I am very far from being that sensitive, it's just a car, an inanimate object, even if I thought you attacked me personally I couldn't care less TBH I respect everyone's right to their opinion, however wrong I might think they are, that does not take away their right of expressing it.

Furthermore there is no need for you to apologise for anything considering that I understood from your tone that you feel that you didn't do anything wrong so why would you?

I am not PC nor am I soft, I can debate without feeling hurt, I viewed our interaction just as a friendly exchange of opinions nothing more nothing less if you think I "schooled" you that's on you to work out, I was just trying to express my point of view and let you know where I was coming from providing as much information as I could as concise as I could.

GT2goneF likes this.
  23. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Thank you buddyg, our eyes never lie!

24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Buddy, you look a lot like I guy I offshore fish with. You definitely have him and I beat with the beards though. If mine gets any longer my wife will not be too happy, I am pushing it already.

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    The car is extremely simple to drive, all the witchery happens behind the curtain and it's so seamless and well integrated that at no point you'd have to think about what you are doing, it's quite telepathic so if that's your concern I wouldn't worry about it at all.

On a separate note, just a bit of context, I don't want to sound like I am trying to "sell" this car to anyone, I am a huge Lambo fan, I think I had about 7 so far and I keep buying the damn things, I've owned a bunch of other exotics/sports cars along with many other cars (self confessed car nut), my last Ferrari was a F355 I'd say about 17 years ago can not remember exactly, so I am the furthest I could be from a Ferrari Fanboi, the SF90 sparked my interest because I LOVE the 918 Spyder but I can not drive one on the roads where I am because of the LHD scenario, the SF90 is Ferrari's 918 Spyder on steroids, I can buy it new with warranty in the spec that I want so that was an absolute no brainer for me, I would've ordered a car in this combo irrespective of its badge.

I must say that I was quite shocked to see the amount of negativity the car received on this board, I guess most controversial disruptive designs/objects enjoy similar reception.

Ash Patel, Coincid and GT2goneF like this.