F8 - Finally!!!! Kline came out quietly with their F8 Exhaust | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Finally!!!! Kline came out quietly with their F8 Exhaust

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GT2goneF, Jan 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Correct, they specified that the GPF are eliminated. I forgot to comment on that. Thank you

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I guess I am going to have to go with my second option. Novitec it is. I was really looking forward to Kline. I think they may edge sound over Novitec.

3. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm in the same boat. Kline Valvetronic + Novitec Tectronic could work but I don't want to be the test mule, and Kline doesn't make a valveless rear section so the Novi valveless "Race Exhaust" + Tectronic might be the best/safest option at the moment. Can always upgrade the cats if you need more sound, but may run into dealer/warranty issues at that point. My car is just in the early stages of production so I have a bit of time still...

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well we have an F8 already with the Novitec valved exhaust and the Techtronic and has no issues so far and he loves the sound.

Hopefully soon, I will have my valveless Novitec and Techtronic. And you can rest assured that I will keep everyone posted.

MalibuGuy and Hunter911 like this.
  5. GTf12

GTf12 Karting

Dec 29, 2015
    subscribed!! same boat here, have placed a deposit at ferrari BH for a nov build f8 spider. looking at this exact setup to solve the sound issue :(

MalibuGuy likes this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Even if the the Novitec Tectronic as you say will eliminate the codes , what is going to happen with the program on the ECU with regards to the GPF regeneration ?

The GPF is connected to solenoids which advise the ECU to regenerate.

These companies have to have an answer to those solenoids. You just cant ignore them and brock them because there are 2 pipes each and are obviously measuring pressure differential.

Best to get answers to this IMO

7. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm doing the same as you, plus their springs. More data is always better.

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  9. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    This is the same dilemma I am having with my Pista. Valved or non. I drive the car with the valves open almost exclusively now, and I like the X pipe design of the Novitec. Of course no issue with GPF, but similar products and intentions.

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    wthensler, Gh21631 and GT2goneF like this.
  11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I am sure Kline will figure out and adapt their product to address these issues. In the meantime, I am already planning to delete the GPF sooner rather than later.

(Any moving vehicle will generate particulate matter due to tire and aero- road interactions. Gasoline engines as well designed as a Ferrari generate far less particulates compared to diesel vehicles, ships, airplanes and all forms of industrial engines, electricity generating systems, and most forms of cooking and BBQ and waste burning technologies.) Should these all wear GPF?

Not to mention the wasted energy of an added fuel injector or Urea burning strategies to heat clean the particulate filters. Also the chemical used to clean particulate filters are pretty horrible for th environment and as of yet the solvents are simply poured back into the oceans via sewers

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    All that will be bundled into mine

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am going valveless. I am sorry neighbors. But my car will only be loud on some weekends and not for long.

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m sure that would work, since the codes generated and cleared would be the same. If the Kline sounds good, would be the cheaper option by far (Novitec Techtronic + Kline exhaust). Definitely looking for the sound clips...

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I would go Kline all the way. The only reason why I would and am not is because I am not modifying my ECU. At least not while in warranty.

16. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah the Kline is just about 1/2 price of what Novi is asking for the “race” exhaust, however I think Novi charges double for the Techtronic unit if you try to purchase it without one of their exhaust systems...:eek:

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No need to touch the ECU with Kline.

18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob

Found these, I don’t know what down pipes are on the car.

stavura likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    See, this is the thing. I was under the impression that for the Pista there was no ECU flash needed but for the F8 there was one needed to avoid the CEL. So which one is it?

20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #70 Dicecal, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Apparently Capristo has or is coming out with a Novitec type OBD port plugin to clear the CELs that is much cheaper than the Novitec unit. You can use the Novitec Techtronic with any exhaust system to clear the CEL codes, however if you try to purchase it without a Novitec exhaust system they charge you over twice the price...

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I was referring to Kline

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am set with Novitec. Can't take chances

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Pista has no issues, I haven't looked into the F8.

24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Buddy , I’m not sure if that was harder to watch or a Shimmmmeee video. Both horrible at best.

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Not sure if I missed it, but any word back from FNA?