488 Pista Spider or SF90 Stradale? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Spider or SF90 Stradale?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Sirt2k, Jan 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The same will be with LB . Thats why when the F8 and LB go on sale side by side the F8 is the clear winner.

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I didn't make a separate post about it but I think I've mentioned it in a different thread, please do not apologise for expressing your thoughts, I would feel more uncomfortable if I knew that you haven't because of you trying to spare my feelings, it's all good please fire away!

Just as a matter of convenience I will insert some renders here along with my STO order, the SF90 spec is identical I just swapped the order to a Spider.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

spyderman, xBox, Shack and 2 others like this.
  3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

We can conclude definitely it will be the only mid engine V8. It is what it is like it or not.

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This board is averse to newer technology. This is why the 458 is so revered. I’m all about progress. The amount of tech in the sf90 scared me a bit but I saw the car at pebble and it’s impressive. Confrats on your purchase.

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. 458cc

458cc Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charlie
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You have basically found that all Ferraris fit you... LOL

Congratulations...

Gh21631 likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Excellent then. We are two of the same. Very nice to meet you by the way. May we have more in common than not. Please keep us posted with the progress of your new car.

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I did as well and no one home was happy about it. COVID came and had to shave.

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Man, I don't know... Putting the SF90 on the same league of the 918 Spyder is quite bold. I would have to disagree here again with the exception of ease of acquisition. SF90 is not only easily available, less expensive and (agree with you) you get warranty. With that said, side by side, nothing in the way, I would go 918 all the way.

10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yeah, can't do the V6 Turbo toaster.

11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    V6 hybrid is going to have more hp than F8, similar sound and better performance.

I wouldn’t count this car out.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Bold combinations. Purple and yellow. Love the "dreamlines on the paddles as well. Very nice details. One would never imagine those two colors would mix well until you see them on a car. I saw a 1/1 GT3RS and it had that same combination. Just beautiful and for some reason aggressive as well.

I am a sucker for white with black and yellow accents. My GT2 has the same exact colors. Love what you did with both!

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I know. I am ready for it. But the E part on the car is what turns me off. To me it is cheating. With electric assist, any car will be a super car. Those little Mercedes A and CLA 200 series class, they have pretty good power, just because of the electric assist. I am an ICE as forced induction is as far as I will ever go. I will die with the fossil fuel. Seems like that is not too far down the line.

14. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Thank you, it makes sense, most are scared of change, I always embrace new tech, I hate living in the past.

15. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Nice to meet you to.

16. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    You are right, the 918 isn't in the SF90's league, it's just a similarly set up car, hybrid etc, your opinions are influenced by the design of the SF90, reserve final judgment after you drive it and get to spend a bit of time with it then come back and let us know exactly what you think about it, at that point you will be holding all the cards and will be able to make a definitive call.

GT2goneF and gowthamn like this.
  17. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Thank you, I enjoy design, not a professional but one of my passions, for me this part of the process is equally as exciting as receiving the cars, then I generally get bored and have to repeat it LOL

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Congrats and I think this one suits spider so well - almost like it was designed to be one, looking at the c-pillar. I've also gone spider and will be equally bold in colour choice.

I also have new-car-sickness, love the selection, spec'ing and waiting, as much as delivery, driving and owning.

Also, nothing more exciting than buying without even trying :D ..... if you hate it, you sell it, if you love it ..... you still sell it!

GT2goneF and Gh21631 like this.
  19. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    I am fine with electric assist if the engine is NA. Why make it turbo and electric?

Electric will help with torque and emissions and NA engine for power at higher speeds and sound.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

20. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I literally laughed out loud :D

xBox likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I w
    I would still end up in an unfair comparison. The chances of me being able to drive a 918 spyder, as you very well know, as slim to none. I understand that the performance of the SF90 will be amazing. I do give them that. As you already know, it is strictly the looks what drove me away from going for one. I have to feel whole with the car. Performance and esthetics. Can't really enjoy an ugly woman that is terrible in bed... Same goes for a car.

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Absolutely understand. However, I never get bored. I love and become attached to nearly all my cars. But I agree, it is fun to see how from an idea, it becomes a reality. The wait and all else sucks but is worth it. Like John Mellencamp once sung; "Hurts so good".

23. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You are correct.

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Anybody know wat happened to our loveable bear, buddyg?