F8 - Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Level7, Jan 21, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Was talking with my marketing manager today, claims the order books for the F8 are closing in 30 days...

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Coupe and Spider?

3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I took it as all F8’s, they build whats on the books for the next 30 days then thats it. I think it’s good info since it’s coming out of the nationwide FNA/Dealership meeting this week.

4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Little brother is coming. F8 production ends this year replaced by Little Brother

Senna1994 and Dicecal like this.
  5. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #55 Divexxtreme, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Interesting. If that's indeed the case, my assumption is that there will end up being a significantly low number of F8s that were built/shipped for the US, which, as it pertains to resale, could be a very good thing for those who were able to get one.

6. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    MikeS - thanks. I just emailed my rep and requested a copy. Perhaps like others, I would prefer to spend my own time studying the details, etc. and not waste my sales rep's time dealing with changes back and forth! I was able to get a spreadsheet from another person on FerrariChat with all of the options and associated prices, which was a huge help and saved a lot of time.

7. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    If you PM me I can try and email it to you. I am a technological moron but will try.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    I just sent you a PM - thanks again!

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think you are spot on. And really this was what everyone expected when the F8 was announced. A short 2 year run as a stop gap before the hybrids come. If the v6 hybrid is going to debut in April as has been suggested, the wrap up F8 production and begin v6 production meaning about 2 years of F8 production and a relatively rare car.

This also follows the new Ferrari model of more models but fewer examples of each to maintain exclusivity and rarity thereby protecting resale. I’m fully on board with that model.

10. fxbianca

fxbianca Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Stuart FL
    Full Name:
    Frank Conidi
    Just picked my F8 up this weekend. Price with options before tax 293K. Waited 18 months and this is my 4th Ferrari. Purchased my 458 from the dealer I purchased my F8 here in Palm Beach which I would suspect would get one of the higher allocations. As a first time buyer I would expect to wait at least that long. However COVID has changed a number of things not sure how it has effected the high end exotic market, so perhaps things have shifted slightly in your favor

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    In that case, I publicly apologize. I guess I took it wrong and I hope you can disregard what you may have considered personally offensive and accept my most sincere and genuine apologies. Hopefully, we can start again with new slate.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It would be nice. But numbers are ramping up and they are squeezing a huge amount of different models in a short period of time. Perhaps that is why they don't have time to settle the car into a proper stance and we all get monster rock climbing Ferraris.

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    No possible way...

14. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I commented a while back that with 2-yrs of covid tainted production and additional factory shutdown, the F8 could be a rarer car than Pista.

They were still banging out Pista/Pista Spider for a good while in 2020, before fully switching to F8. Social distancing on the assembly line must have also slowed down the process.

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  15. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    That was always the intent though, Pista/Pista Spider would all be 2019 and 2020 model years, built for a two year limited run. The Covid disruption to production ended up impacting more of the 2020 model year F8’s as Ferrari needed to prioritize completing the Pista order bank as they did not want any Pista’s falling past the August holiday. As we all know, September builds are the next model year. Looking back, there are probably far fewer 2020 model year F8’s than what was planned and more of those cars have been pushed into 21 and 22 model years.

I suspect that Ferrari is so back logged with F8 orders, that they are looking out till the end of July 2022 and effectively telling their dealer networks that we will not guarantee any more requested allocations at this point due to production capacity timelines so prepare customers that they very well may not get all get a car. They also build all of the chassis a few years in advance to register them all, so they may have had this planned out and built a “stop gap” amount of F8 chassis knowing pre Covid that the plan was always to build x amount.

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    Ordered my F8 today and placed a deposit. Was told 16-18 month wait, orders will be honored for coupes but seems not for much longer. Build will not start for 10-12 months. Told to expect August to December 2022 delivery. I got sense order book closing time was uncertain but it’s likely not past summer / fall. I asked about spider just out of curiosity and they said forget it . . . it’s a high volume dealer and I’ve bought several cars from them over the years but I’m nowhere near a large customer for them. They did seem certain I’d get a coupe so hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    D11, dolphins08430 and GT2goneF like this.
  18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thats the way it should work for Ferrari too! Hope you let them know on the customer survey as I did!

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hi guys I am new to this forum and currently drive a Mclaren GT. I am about to finalize an order for the F8 Tributo, I have been told by my dealer who my good friend referred to me that has done a lot of business with a delivery time of 6-7 months (doing me a big favor). That is way different that I am reading on this chat, should I be concerned if will take much longer?

20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Too many variables in the process... it’s possible you get the car in 6-7 months, but also could be longer. Just the way it is.

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Very hard to predict. I think it comes down on how many people are waiting before you for their allocations. Mine took 9 months, with 2 months of COVID factory shutdown. Seems like the average wait time in roughly a year.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mine was 13 months.

23. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    How long ago did you order it? I suspect as the time goes by lead times would be shortened.

24. ptriggs_official

May 7, 2020
    I think the “there are too many variables” comment is absolutely correct given dealers have different allocations monthly and different length of order / waiting lists . . . so I’ve just resigned myself to looking at all the pictures and books they gave me until late ‘22 . . . and driving my Lusso and 308 while I wait (maybe my wife’s Cali 30 too)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    very true :)