Rosso Fuoco 812 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rosso Fuoco 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by bluesea, Apr 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    #26 bluesea, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Thanks. If you move to the 812 I doubt you'll regret it. I had the same feelings for my F12 and thought for a moment about keeping both as I drove the 812 around, but that soon faded when I went back to drive it a bit to compare.

I think I fit in the F12 a bit better. I also think that the brakes are better as far as soft braking in traffic. With my 812 brakes, I have to push through a dead zone at the top to get into the braking. My. F12 brakes were more immediate and started to slow the car at the top of the travel. Also there's a bit of drone in the 812, and honestly, it's a bit annoying. I'd still swap for the 812 knowing what I know. I'd keep the F12 if I collected cars.

2. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Santa Cruz? I am in HMB (obvious ;)) and have a GF 812...look forward to passing you on 1

3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    My favourite color! When I was searching for a 458, I didn't find a Fuoco one and that's the only reason I have gone with Rosso Fiorano.

Congrats!

bluesea likes this.
  4. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Wiesbaden, Germany, not far from Frankfurt Airport
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Thanks for your information on Fiorano. I am speccing a 812 GTS now, what would you recommend? I am planning Fiorano, the 812 GTS being a bit more the "GT-style" and the Fuoco a bit "too loud" on the GTS, any thoughts? Thanks!

rumen1 and bearmdjd like this.
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Xray58 likes this.
  6. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    F2003-GA likes this.
  7. shrews

shrews Karting

Jun 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Personally Rosso Fuoco is my favorite red. Had it on my Speciale Aperta and I'd say the only downside is photo's do it no justice. really shows the lines of a car so nicely. Well done!

Xray58 likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Keep an eye out for those pesky icebergs...

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    :) damn autocrats

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  10. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    I’m in San Francisco with a Grigio Silverstone 812SF and Rosso Fiorano GTS due in any day. We should all find a way to head to the same grocery store at the same time

Avia11 likes this.
  11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Please post pics of the Fiorano GTS! Will be a great colour for it I think. In general I find the metallic colours are better for a curvy car like the 812 SF and GTS. I went Grigio Titanio but yours will be awesome too!

Xray58 and bearmdjd like this.
  12. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Actually Rosso Fiorano turned to be a great color and the more I have lived with the car, the more I liked it. It is all a matter of taste of course, but now if I have to choose between Fuoco and Fiorano, I may go with Fiorano again. Fuoco obviously has more orange in it and looks better on non-sunny days. On sunlight it's a bit too orange maybe. And Fiorano is really gorgeous on sunlight. I also agree with what you said and keeping in mind that you're speccing the car, Fiorano should be cheaper than Fuoco too.

13. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  15. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Thanks for the good advice, price in this case shouldn't matter, since I cannot imagine to sell the GTS anymore, however I do not want to compromise since I am planning to keep the car. I have a Pista in Rosso Scuderia, so...realla a great colour also on the track. The SF shall be sold now is also Rosso Scuderia. With the GTS I must make a decision whether I am capable to become "sort of more conservative"...which would be Rosso Fiorano, I am suspicious that with me falling in love with Fuoco I am "circumnavigating" the process... I seem to have more of a psychological problem not a "Colour"-problem... :))

16. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Wow, thanks for posting...this doesn't make it easier....this red is gorgeous as well. I can hardly see a difference to that posted GTS before...and the nuances are so small....I will call my dealer on Monday to ask whether he shares a phone number of a "fiorano-client" with me...to see one in person...(That will be in a garage then for sure in our German winter days...:-(..)

17. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    very desirable to meet at that grocery-store...however difficult from Wiesbaden/Frankfurt, Germany :)

bearmdjd likes this.
  18. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Choosing between all these red colors is always difficult, as each one of them has his charm, Portofino is also a great color in person, no doubt. Here are 3 two main shades of Rosso Fiorano (these are standard pics without any additional effect on them). First is on direct sunlight, second is without direct sunlight and third is on a cloudy day without any sunlight.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

gzachary, Boomhauer and Nicolas21 like this.
  19. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Dealer doesn't have paint swatch books you can compare red with? I've only ever bought one new car, EVO RWD Spyder and dealer had books with all the different colours. I ended up going with an out of range Aventador colour since it showed better depth and contrast than similar shades in varying angles and light conditions. Being able to hold the paint tiles and compare side by side was instrumental in my decision.

Xray58 likes this.
  20. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Here are some bad photos taken from my phone with poor lighting at dusk. It’s raining here this week so it might be a week or so before I can get it outside and take some more pictures. There’s a F8 in rosso corsa right behind it for comparison.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rumen1, bluesea and Nicolas21 like this.
  21. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    #46 Xray58, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Thank you, yes the light could be better, but very happy to see these pics. It shows that Fuoco can be a great color - even inside - without much daylight (especially pic 1 and 4). I have after a long and "painful" decision-process with a lot of back and forth decided for RCoburn and not RFuoco. Your pics now show the first ever seen GTS in Fuoco.... In Rosso Coburn I have never seen any pic neither SF or GTS ...so far...may be there is something in the pipeline? Yes I have seen "all" available pics of 458/488 in Rosso Coburn(also Instagram) but never in person and never on any SF or GTS...so keen to see anything coming up(GTS Coburn)..and obviously...;)...I only open eyes for beautiful pics...in order not to sell the car before "delivery"...:D

22. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    sorry but my car is Fiorano!

23. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    ok, thanks, I should have read more carefully. And now you clarifying...yes it is slightly darker than Fuoco, but beautiful anyway...and for sure more decent than Coburn will be...... I will have to wait and see..... Anyway hardly ever have seen one here who was NOT happy at the end... I think that all special reds (and that includes Fiorano ) suit the GTS very well. It doesn't HAVE to be the various Grigios at all despite been dominant at its first presentation in Maranello.