slightly unbelievable but true story. need advice | Page 2 | FerrariChat

slightly unbelievable but true story. need advice

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by beauphus, Jan 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Sounds promising.

As a starter why not ask Zanasi to a) give you a condition report and cost to fix and problems and b) sale estimate as it stands.

Whikst you will probably want 2nd opinions, it will at least give you a baseline and a relative comparison on $ between your two main options.

I don’t know about TRs, but a very low mileage one owner Ferrari will for sure have a market.

Fasinsting story.

Cheers

2. beauphus

beauphus Karting

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    beau
    i have spoken to zanasi. i have seen many recent photos. working through it. doesnt appear to be a lot of "upside" unless somehow the early TRs spike in value. i may choose to keep it and rehab it as a momento from my father. i have no real need for it, but its a cool story with some history. now its just a matter of how much $$

alpinadvl, Texas Forever and A348W like this.
  3. beauphus

beauphus Karting

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    beau
    thanks for the feedback. once i get some more basic details ill decide what to do. $130k as value is not worth the headache. if i do this, it will be for legacy not $$. just a matter of how much

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Is this a US spec car? Or Euro? Not that it matters much as in may be imported into he US without the us7al Dot/epa stuff. If it is a US spec car it will have more value here rather than Europe or Italy. Those Europeans hate the big ugly black bumper on the back of The car.

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. beauphus

beauphus Karting

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    beau
    what is the easiest way to determine whether its US or Euro spec?

6. beauphus

beauphus Karting

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    beau
    actually nevermind. i figured it out. its Euro Spec

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    so guys, lets help the process along......

what is a 1985 flying mirror testarossa with 7000 miles on the clock worth today?
    assume at least strong #2 condition.

if you have an idea for the usa market then pls opine.
    if you have an idea for the european market then pls opine.

8. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    The 130/150 range will be the same in Europe and there will not be a substantial rise in value in the near future. This is not a million project. If you do not have an emotional reason to own it I would recommend to sell it in Europe after a competent check/service. Keep a photo and that’s it.

9. beauphus

beauphus Karting

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    beau
    so does anyone have an interest in a early production (march 1985) TR sitting in Maranello? car has 7000 miles, all paperwork, books, cards, keys, and information. i have plenty of photos. it is missing some parts. it has not been started since the 80's. it is silver on blue interior. one owner. euro spec. flying mirror. has some cosmetic issues. would be a fun project car if i were so inclined, but i have 4 kids and not enough hours in a day to devote to this. i am happy to share more info with anyone interested, but i would rather not publicly post this. if interested in discussing, feel free to send me an email thru Fchat.

2NA and Texas Forever like this.
  10. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    Can you post pics on the thread please...

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

11. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Are Italian duties and taxes paid on the TR? I imported a Countach to Italy in 2019 and the Dogana took a bit of a bite, but I learned a lot about the process. I may know someone looking for such a car.

12. jpanz

jpanz Karting

Sep 8, 2015
    Central Jersey Monroe
    Full Name:
    John
    Amazing story! Everyone wants a pic so bad! LOL

These rarer color combos seem to bring the bigger money in general!

13. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    ...it shouldn't take this long to generate pics.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

14. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Just a few questions:

-Why are parts missing off the car if it was in storage at a highly respected facility?
    -At 7000 on the odometer.....it would have appeared to be registered and driven for at least part of its life. Did you Dad buy it used?
    -Are there 30 years of storage fees on the car or did you Dad pay the storage fees yearly?
    -Are there any Italian taxes due as a result of property ownership?

I wish you the best whatever path you pick. My parents had family land in Greece which I saw when I was 18. I went back in my 50s to make a decision regarding the property which frankly was sentimental but not worth the accumulated taxes on the property. I would never use it and it was located near the Albanian border. We ended up giving it to the local church since some distant relatives still live there. The taxes and fees were 10x what the property was worth.

15. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    It looks like a US spec car with left hand drive and Miles instead of KMs.

16. beauphus

beauphus Karting

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    beau
    i am not sure why the parts are gone. i havent gotten a sufficient answer. i suppose a lot can happen to a ferrari left behind for such a long time
    my father ordered it custom. he drove it when he was there between 85 and 88. he would travel there annually to be with friends and family
    he paid some and some are owed. this would all be part of the total sale value and be handled in any transaction
    i dont know the answer on taxes.

17. beauphus

beauphus Karting

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    beau
    you guys would know better. it has markings of a euro while having some markings of US.

18. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    it has euro side markers, euro bumper, missing air injection, warm up regulators. missing third brake light, but I am not sure US '85s had those.

Steve Magnusson likes this.
  19. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    honestly, this is going to need a lot of work. That blue interior is really cool by the way. Here in the states, it looks a a $40-50 thousand dollar car. You are going to spend a lot of money on those missing parts, color matching, and new wheels too.