Massini Report | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Massini Report

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jnk, May 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Amir Neyestani

Nov 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Amir Neyestani
    Great. Thanks.

2. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I am aware of the differences of a Massini Report and a Ferrari Classiche Certificate. Expanding, I was asking what the cost was for a specific car (can be any Ferrari) to be able to compare to different reports.
    My perception of either one is not the question. An owner generally gets one report or the other for the purpose of selling the car. No use having a report and putting it in the draw.
    To the purchaser, there seems to be a different demand for say a Classiche Cert between the USA and Europe. Possibility the demand for a Massini report is not for geographic location but for information worldwide, in regard to car specifications or information. It would be less likely to be thrown in your draw (out of the way) and possibility may reside on your coffee table.
    Hope you get the gist of what I am saying here.

3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    My personal view is that a classiche and Massini report are complimentary. I think Ferrari buyers are global and they all generally like to see both. I know I do.

l disagree that you would only get a Massini report if you are selling the car. It’s great to know the history of your car and can help with further research.

You have asked for the cost of a Massini report, I can tell you they vary with the type of car and the amount of research Marcel needs to do. I don’t think it’s anyone’s place to give numbers for how anyone charges for their business. Marcel is here on this forum. If you are interested you should get in touch.

Amir Neyestani, gt4me, LVP488 and 2 others like this.
  4. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I am not into Classiche Certificates any more.
    A Massini report is a good alternative.

readplays likes this.
  5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I've recently assisted some clients to obtain Massini reports and all were for mere interest of finding out their cars (early) ownership, etc histories, while none, at this time, expressed interest in Classiche Certification.
    Prices (I assume/believe) varied (slightly) due to variances in required research and supportive documentation available and included from Marcel.
    None of the recipients seem to entertain prospects of selling any time in the foreseeable future.

roma1280 and Amir Neyestani like this.
  6. Carinvest

Carinvest Rookie

Jun 11, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I did also sent you a message for our F40 Prototype Mr Massini. Hoping for a quick reply.

Thanks