F12 retro fitting passenger display | FerrariChat

F12 retro fitting passenger display

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by mthompson2376, Nov 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Hi there, forgive me if this is already been answered, would appreciate some direction if so, I am based in the UK and had the urge to own a V12 Ferrari, I have took the plunge and an F12 arrives in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait....have been hunting for ages and it just seems (here in the UK anyway) the cars with the right spec have also been over-specced and have some really vulgar options which ruin...to my eyes...one the most stunning looking Ferraris for some time. Point is I have settled on what I believe is the right spec car, lots of carbon, racing seats etc....but is missing Passenger Display...can this be retro fitted...if so what is involved, does anyone have a parts list for a RHD car...what is involved fitting, fairly competent when it comes to throwing spammers around...

Any help most appreciated

Mark T

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think its possible. Have a look at post 9 here for an idea.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/retrofit-passenger-display-to-ff.480342/

Ferrari's own website says:
    https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/ferrari-genuine-accessories/equipments/000000000000007/detail/P000000135/
    You can download the PDF. The main language says:

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Don't know if it's possible but to be honest the passenger display is totally overrated and a huge waste IMO.....Have it on my Lusso and unless different than the F12 it does not turn on unless you lean over and turn it on yourself.....so every time someone is with you gotta say "Hey look at how cool this is!"....lean over, press the button, show them how to use it....I did it once and felt like a total tool

Boomhauer and 3POINT8 like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It is a tool;) i love it though;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. TurboDoc

TurboDoc Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    BKB
    I tried to add it in my FF and was unsuccessful. The dealer claimed the ECU was coded at the factory for the presence or absence of the passenger display and therefore they couldn't reprogram the ECU to recognize the display. Don't know if that answer is legitimate or their way of saying they don't want the hassle.

However, if someone has been successful in adding a display in F12 or FF/Lusso I'd like to read about it.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Hey,
    I know this an old topic that keeps popping up all the time but did actually someone used the Ferrari retrofit option? I would love to add this to my FF bc the current little box is useless as nothing else.
    Thanks!

ffanl likes this.
  8. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    The little box is really handy for plugging in and storing a music device like an iPod or iPhone - so don’t give up on it!