Tire pressure during storage? | FerrariChat

Tire pressure during storage?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by FerrariBeev, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariBeev

FerrariBeev Rookie

May 21, 2020
    With my baby sitting idle during cold MN winter, I had a question.

I put some extra pressure in the tires. A buddy of mine recommended flat stopper storage ramps to maintain tire shape and prevent flat spot on tires.

do you think this is needed? Or can I just keep checking and adding some air while in storage? I have an air compressor.

thanks! Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I pump mine up to 50 psi for Winter storage with good results.

FerrariBeev likes this.
  3. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hi, Larry! Hope you are doing well! We are looking forward to driving season. Hope we will be able to have more FCA events this year.

4. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    The Central States Region, Illinois Chapter held its first 2021 planning meeting this week and we are planning a full season of events. Those who volunteered to host events are starting to lock in event locations and dates so be watching for more solid calendar of events in the near future. I was really excited to see the number and variety of events that are being pursued.

5. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That's great news! Getting a new battery for the California this Spring. We will be ready!:D:D:D

6. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    My car is on Race Ramps flat stoppers with the tires at 50 PSI. You have a nice looking storage spot for your car!

FerrariBeev likes this.