Ferrari stuck in Jail! | FerrariChat

Ferrari stuck in Jail!

Discussion in '308/328' started by mike996, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I went to retrieve my '89 328 this morning. When we are not in town it stays in a storage garage about a mile from the house. Looks like it's going to have to stay there for...who knows how long... :(

The city (San Antonio, TX) is doing some major roadwork in front of the facility, excavating, etc for merge lanes to a major crossing road. The work has cause a 6" drop from the driveway of the storage facility to the (for now) rutted dirt access road. My 328 can't make that drop without bashing the front end into the dirt. Don't know when that portion will be 328-drivable again. The actual construction is due to finish "by the end of the year..."

Our Hyundai Santa Fe can negotiate the drop with no trouble so getting in/out is no issue but the best I can do to "exercise" the 328 is to drive it around the storage garage roads!:mad:

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    That sucks. Maybe a friend has a truck or trailer to rescue it ...?

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    lm2504me, Rosey, Albert-LP and 5 others like this.
  4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The only way I can think of, if you don’t want or can’t wait till the end of the year, find another location to store your 328 and have a flatbed tow truck to pick up your 328. But sometimes those road construction guys usually place a flat metal to cover the dip as 6” is pretty deep for most cars to drive through.

5. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Yup - flatbed to get the 328 out of the storage facility, then put the Santa Fe in storage! ;)

6. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Maybe you can lay a couple of pieces of 4' x 8' 3/4" plywood down to make a gentle ramp. Glue/screw the plywood together for strength.

RamsHmb likes this.
  7. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    As Dave said. Get some boards, put them in the Santa Fe and free her quickly.

8. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    HMM...good idea - carrying some boards in the SUV to lay down/get the 328 out! :)

9. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Mike
    I use 2x12s to get my car off a steep drop from my driveway onto the subdivision road. My boards are about 8' long and I place a small vertical block underneath the highest point just to give them strength as well as make the ramp even with the driveway. My 308 has the deep euro nose and I'm happy how system works. I back the car off the incline.

10. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Go rent a reach fork lift and retrieve it . United Rentals, or a Cat Rental store. Gradeall, JLG, crab steering would be the best.

Thank you