Official Daytona Pics | Page 98 | FerrariChat

Official Daytona Pics

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Iceman.1, Sep 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Grant, while many here will likely appreciate your "heads up" on this, shouldn't this be posted on some forum section dedicated to "replicas & such" rather than "Official Daytona Pics" thread ?

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    ... the door seems to be far too close to the rear wheel arch. The ad shows also many wrong details, it's a pity to have destroyed an innocent car for such a result.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Well Timo.
    In reply to your question.

I set out to warn people about this car.

I thought about where to post this, and this seamed the best place as it is being described as a” Ferrari Daytona” when it is not, and anyone looking would most likely find this thread first and may not be looking in the replica section.

Re your comment.

I have bitten my tongue so many times in the past, when you criticized something that has been posted in this thread or about a Daytona that you do not like, or you think is in the wrong section, but as you have had a pop at me.

Whilst your knowledge is invaluable, your sniping at people is not. I would have thought you would have been more flexible in your approach, especially as every single photo, that you have posted in this section that I can remember , [and there is a lot of them], is from your business and could be construed as promoting such!

Tolerance is the name of the game after all this is “Ferrari Chat”

-K1-, dcc, turbo-joe and 3 others like this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #2429 TTR, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Grant,
    Your points are well noted and I wish to apologize for any of my comments/posts/photos/“snipes” that have offended you, as it was nor has never been my intention.

As for my previous comment, it apparently didn’t come across as “diplomatically” I had hoped for.
    It, along with most of the similar comments or suggestions about posts in wrong forums/sections, no matter how ill-constructed/-worded they appear, are offered with (perhaps misplaced) hope to keep off-topic or inaccurate information getting mixed in and perhaps mis-used or -quoted by others, including those discovering these topics in the future.

I also thought (perhaps mistakenly) the reason for various forum sections or topics was meant to keep threads getting too convoluted. Oh well, my bad.

As for posting my own pictures, while they perhaps appear self-promotional*, my main reasons to use them are not for such.
    First, I try to offer/share pictures of details and/or areas not commonly seen in a complete and/or fully assembled cars and always assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that others would enjoy them or maybe even find them educational.
    Secondly, I generally prefer to post my own photos, so that I can be sure not to infringe on someone else’s copyrights.

* If I really wanted to promote my business, I think it would be much easier by just making my contact information more readily available (for example, my business phone# has been “blocked”/unlisted since I had it established nearly 30 years ago), hang up signage outside the shop, start advertising or maybe create a website, etc.

OTOH, if you or others deem my approach or posts intolerable, I’ll try harder to participate/share less, as I definitely don’t wish anyone have to bite their tongue because of what I post.

375+, turbo-joe and Wheels1 like this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It is always interesting to see behind the curtain as that is where the real action is. If you just looked at what Ferrari promotes; nothing but red/tan Spyders with knock your eye out paint gloss then you miss the subtle side of the 365 GTB/4S ...

Wheels1 likes this.
  6. pantera gr4

pantera gr4 Rookie

Mar 18, 2006
    Paris
    the car was dismantled and restored in 2019 and turned white..you confirm thank you ?

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Dismantled, i dont know. But yes, it's white now and in Australia. Still looks like a Gr4.

pantera gr4 likes this.
  8. pantera gr4

pantera gr4 Rookie

Mar 18, 2006
    Paris
    Good evening ... do you remember a white Daytona GR4 in Daytona HSR driven in November 2015 by Gianmaria Traversone? is this the same car? thank you ..

9. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    No. The blue one i posted was red, then blue and now white (as of 2019 i think). It's been in Australia since 2016 iirc before that it was in the UK.

pantera gr4 likes this.
  10. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ the restoration done by Canepa was $789k iirc. :eek:

11. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes. And they had it listed for $800k or so when i first shared it. I wonder if the owner just figured he was going to be losing money and told MG to bump the price...a lot.

12. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    This is a great price if you have an irrational fear of small portraits of George Washington- so much so that you cannot sleep AND you are able to pay in all $1's and by so doing no longer have any single $USD's.

V12addict likes this.
  13. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  14. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Never having seen the car only the photos - I can only say to the new owner - if history proves anything you can't go wrong buying the best.

TTR likes this.
  15. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ wonder if an engine rebuild was done and by who?
    if so, are dyno graphs provided?

16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes. If i had the means, i would also buy the best Daytona. And that one certainly looked amazing!

17. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Car looks beautiful...I you fall in love...you buy! And don't look back...time will tell how good or bad your investment was. Have done it many times...some were good buys, some were (very) bad.

But imagine you had some money invested into stocks beginning 2020 and instead of buying a Daytona then, left it in the stocks you owned which have doubled by now. Why care this is a 1mio+ Daytona if you sell the stock now to buy a Daytona. Sometimes we can't judge about the considerations of the buyer and why this makes a 'good deal'.

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    One thing - i would have eliminated the rear US markers during the $800k restoration :)

Nembo1777, cmlf1 and Spider2400 like this.
  19. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Still showing for sale on ebay even though marked sale pending on the web site.

20. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    It's been sale pending for at least a month on the site which makes me wonder if it is actually sale pending finding a buyer?

375+ and readplays like this.
  21. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Daytonafan likes this.
  22. cmlf1

cmlf1 Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    Reminds me of the AutoWeek ad in the late 80' with the Daytona Spyder for escalating prices every week and then the ad was marked sold at over a million dollars and ran for a while. Likely a ploy to drive value up when anything with a prancing horse was six figures at that time.
    I am curious to see the invoice of an almost 800K restoration, and I hope this has Classiche certification (not that I am a proponent of it, but just because) at that ask. Growing up in a restoration shop, I am aware 3000 hours is not unusual for a ground up concours level restoration, so @ $200.00 per hour that would be 600k in labor, and 100K in Ferrari parts is easy

23. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    16847/Sid Ferris.

375+, cmlf1 and of2worlds like this.
  24. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    colombo2cam, LVP488, gt4me and 5 others like this.