Should there be memorabilia clothes for Off-brands? | FerrariChat

Should there be memorabilia clothes for Off-brands?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by bitzman, Jan 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Right away i know there will be pushback when I call marques like Intermeccanica, Iso, Bizzarrini, Monteverdi, and Facel Vega "off brands" but these are "orphan" collector cars for which there are:

-no dealers
    -no sponsors
    -no clothing because no clothing maker wants to bother to
    tool up for a tiny group of owners

Yet I believe wearing a shirt or jacket with the brand name of your favorite car on it at ab event could put you in touch with another owner might come up come and say "Oh, i have one of those," By chance, sitting next to a gulling at an auction two people came up and said "I have one of those.' I bought one. But it might have happened sooner if i had a more targeted jacket.
    I'll let you know if it works out, just made this Bizzarrini-themed jacket and only wore it to one event so far.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I know of some small producers who make Lola, Bandini, etc polos, hats, and T-shirts. The clothing is made “off shore” so I can’t guarantee they are following copyright laws.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I am thinking these are more of a "homage." If there is no DeTomaso, Intermeccanica, Monteverdi, Iso, making cars, I don't see why someone who owns one of those and who likes the fallen brand can't wear a jacket recalling what once was. I still think wearing a jacket with a picture of the car you like will help you connect with other fans (or owners) and keep the flame burning. You could own a Dino and be standing next to a stranger at a car show and they own a Dino but neither of you would know the other owns the same model unless you had some sort of identifier.

4. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
  5. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Wait a minute, look at the Dino jacket. I am a fine artist. Up until your comment I thought I could paint a picture of whatever I wanted--a car, ship , airplane, motorcycle, If makers of various products say you can't paint a picture of what you like and sew it on your jacket, we would need a lot of police to search down everybody wearing such an image or even wearing a car name patch. I just won't advertise it as a Ferrari jacket. How about Furrari or Fazazz?