Roma as a daily driver + child seats | FerrariChat

Roma as a daily driver + child seats

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by dr.skp.ortho, Jan 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Hi everyone.

I have ordered a Ferrari Roma in Bianco Italia as a combined 10yr anniversary / birthday present for my wife. We have a 3yr old and the Roma will be her daily driver.

Do any of you have suggestions for a child seat that fits well in the back of a Roma (or Portofino)?

This will be our first Ferrari so the excitement level is high.
    (Current cars are McLaren 765LT and a couple of 63s AMGs)

2. PROV

PROV Rookie

Oct 30, 2019
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Its an amazing daily driver for a 3 year old ;)

Do Ferrari do their own (no doubt expensive) seat?

Ryan S. and NYC Fred like this.
  3. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    Yes, $10,000 unless you want horses stitched into the headrest, then it is $11,700.

PixelStix likes this.
  4. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    The saddest thing about this comment is I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or joking...

NYC Fred, timjen88, PB033 and 5 others like this.
  5. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    It will be a super tight squeeze. I think there is less room in the back of a Roma than their is in the back of a 991 Porsche or maybe similar.

6. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Good luck with finding a seat. I have a Cali T that I have tried just about every seat out there for, and nothing works. Would love to find one that does since my daughter lets me know all the time how she can't ride in daddy's horse car.

NYC Fred likes this.
  7. FazTaz

FazTaz Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Northern NJ
    dr.skp.ortho and Prancing 12 like this.
  8. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I have found two seats that fit. Child seat regulations in Australia are very strict so not everything available overseas complies with our legal standards. I have found two seats that fit

1) Nuna Aace booster that uses the cars lap/sash belt. It requires a buckle extender and the seat belt is recessed far down into the seat. Please see attached photos

3) Britax maxi guard which uses the car seatbelt to hold the child seat in place (with a top tether) and then has in built harnesses.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Looks like a great solution. It’s not available in my market unfortunately!

10. domino_z

domino_z Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Thread bump, also in Australia and looking for confirmation of baby seat availability before ordering a roma

have a 4 month old, which with current builds, will be 2 years old and forward facing when it arrives

OP how did you go with finding a seat? Did you try the britax? Using the iso would be alot easier and secure imo

11. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    Thank you for posting the pictures. How long of a buckle extender do you need? Can you please post a picture of the extender?

12. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The seats are so small most kids won’t need a child seat and definitely not a booster as they grow. My kids still fit at 9 and 12 but I don’t know for how long. 5-12 yrs is probably the sweet spot.

13. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    This video shows a 6 and a 10 year old in the back seats. The reviewer says she is 5' 5.5" (166 cm); she is sitting in the driver's seat and the 10 year old is behind her. The passenger seat is set for a 6' (183 cm) person and the 6 year old fits in the seat behind.

Jump to 4:03:

14. mar76

mar76 Karting

Mar 17, 2022
    Thanks for the pics.
    It looks like the front passenger seat has been pushed all the way forward to accommodate for the space needed by the booster seat + child.
    Or is that just an impression? Wondering if you managed to fit both the child and a front passenger in the car at the same time.
    To give some background I too have a 3yr old (who is already passionate about Ferraris:) Am hesitating between buying a Roma or a two- seater mid engine like the 458/488. The ability to fit the whole family in the Roma for a week-end trip would be a big plus.

PB033 likes this.
  15. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Use the WayB Pico. My 5yr old fits 100% fine.

16. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    I use wayB Pico. It has a built in harness so there is no need to fiddle around with extenders or attempt to fasten the main belt. Fits very well, child fits well. It will work for you.

17. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    +1 for the WAYB Pico. You will be able to use both isofix and the tether. It really fits the Roma's backseats well; the front of the car seat lines up nicely with the front of the backseat, helping to maximize space for both my kid in the back and us in the front.

I haven't tried it, but I do not think the Pico's optional cupholder would fit, but there is space behind the car seat on both sides to tuck water bottles or sippy cups. My kid can grab them easily.

Cosco Seneca NEXT fits too (in forward facing position) but sticks out more (by a couple of inches) so you have to move the front seat forward more. The included cupholder fits. Kids sits higher up in this seat compared to the Pico.

Nuna AACE is not a great option as it only fits with the head rest in the lowest position. AACE is a booster while the other two are car seats.

Other random detail: There are no floor mats in the back!

18. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    These floor mats fit the back seats and stay in place:

Motor Trend Premium Inter-Lock Backing Carpet Car Floor Mats - Front & Rear, Thick & Durable Auto Protection, Fits Most Cars Truck SUV Coupe Sedan (Amazon link)

The back seat floor mats measure 11.5" x 16.5". You have to turn them sideways to fit. The interlocking backing actually works well and keeps the mat in place with my kid getting in and out of the car.

19. cavallinorampante85

Mar 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jacob
    Hello Everybody,

I just finally received my 2024 Roma. I have to put my baby seat in the back for my daughter however I would like to use a seat protector to not ruin the seat leather. Any suggestions of something that would fit nicely?
    Thank you for the help!

20. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    I use these in my Roma's backseat under the WAYB Pico. Fits nicely.

Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector for Baby Car Seat - Thick Padding, 2 Mesh Storage Pockets, Waterproof, Protects Fabric or Leather Seats, Non-Slip Padded Backing (Black) (Amazon link)

Are you using an infant or rear facing car seat? I do not think it would fit unless you had the front seats forward.

BigAirHarper and techceo22 like this.
  21. cavallinorampante85

Mar 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jacob
    thank you for the reply!
    I will be using a front facing toddler seat using the Roma isofix. It should fit nicely but very worried of that beautiful dual color leather:)

PhoneClip likes this.
  22. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I have a factory Porsche booster seat I used once in my 911, let me know if you are interested and I can send pics/dimensions to see if it will fit. I'll give it to you for free just pay shipping if it works.

23. techceo22

techceo22 Rookie

Dec 25, 2023
    Dallas
    Nice! Thanks for linking. I'll have to order these too.

24. techceo22

techceo22 Rookie

Dec 25, 2023
    Dallas
    That's badass! My kids are 6, 4, and 4. We now use booster seats so they should definitely fit

25. techceo22

techceo22 Rookie

Dec 25, 2023
    Dallas
    I wonder what the best product would be to protect the back of the front seat. Kids will always put the feet on those front seat backing, short of having them always take off their shoes....