Anyone adding a Roma as a DD here? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone adding a Roma as a DD here?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Enzo Belair, Jan 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agree...no point. Perhaps if the styling was innovative and not a complete rip off of a few other marques it would help. And then there is the noise....as someone said above, wake me when it is over.

2. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I would never buy a front engine Ferrari that doesn’t have a V12. Anything less is just simply a compromise IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    40 grand for an F12 gearbox? Did they also give youva new engine?
    That is almost double the price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. I don't disagree with you, but that's why I originally suggested that if the OP were to consider an F12, he should do so with an extended warranty.

And, yes, like you, I would prefer new over old ceteris paribus. But in this instance, I really don't think all things are equal, especially given V12 versus V8 turbo.

5. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    seriously? so there is no more plan to build max 10.000 cars per year?

6. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe

Why does V12 or V8 matter so much to so many of you? I can't even tell the difference. I've driven the same version V8/V12 of the same Bentley and the same Aston and can't really tell much difference. Never driven V12 ferrari.

7. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    You need to drive a V12 Ferrari to understand.

I’ve owned both V8 and W12 Bentley GTs and I also have a V8 Vantage and have driven the V12 Vanquish. There is no comparison with a V12 Ferrari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napoli and buddyg like this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The ROMA makes sense insofar that it will be the cheapest Ferrari to buy brand new.

This is certainly an issue where Ferraris cost a LOT.

Also to give customers of other marques another choice. The LB will be going up in price big time.

9. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    A Ferrari V12 is magical. In the Bentley and the Aston ( I had a Spur and a DB11), you can’t really tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Napoli likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That is exactly what seperates those cars from a Ferrari. Those V12 cars feel exactly like their V8 counterparts, because they are essentially the same. Sluggish, lazy and boring. The engines can't really rev up and the response is lazy and lagging. Now go and try a Lusso V12 and the V8. They are worlds apart. The V12 engi e feels smooth, agile and fast with a lightning quick response. The V8 is still powerful but it feels more lazy in its flair and response. The way the engine responds is what gives the car its character. I initially had my 488, did not think much about getting an F8, but after getting the Pista I realized the character of the engine was worth it. It is more crisp and direct and that just works better. The 488 mill is great, the other is better still.
    Part of what makes the 812 so special is that crisp and tempramental 800 hp engine. Have you ever driven any of the DCT generation V12 Ferraris? That V12 is just on a level all of its own.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

italiafan and Napoli like this.
  11. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    The Aston exudes it’s uniqueness .....It has style.... you don’t need Roma tech to enjoy.

12. You've never driven a V12 Ferrari.

I feel bad for you.

(Also, it's not just V12 versus V8 ... it's V12 versus Turbo V8.

ScottJon likes this.
  13. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Whilst the Aston is gorgeous and very comfortable. The traction control is very clumsy.

It handles as good, if not better than my F12.

That's about it!

The F12 is one of the greatest cars ever made......!

Gh21631 and ScottJon like this.
  14. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe

Anyone in Dallas want to let me try out your V12 Ferrari?

15. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Crickets

Hahahaha!!!

My personal perspective is that the 812 is a fantastic car to drive. Nothing at all like the Ferrari V12. Every time I drive it is seems like an event! I have driven to get groceries, carry out, work and short trips.

But I don’t necessarily want to have it as a daily driver. Just some times you want to blend in. That’s why I have a Pagani Huayra Roadster.

Just kidding!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat