Anyone drive both AWD and RWD Huracan? | FerrariChat

Anyone drive both AWD and RWD Huracan?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 3POINT8, Feb 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I posted this here because I thought most 458/488/F8 folks would be the most likely to know.

I've been debating adding a Huracan. There are not too many around here for a test drive. I drove a 610-4 last week. I liked the car but it was a bit sterile and the handling wasn't great. I hear the 580-2 has a much different feel. The nearest one is several hundred miles a way and I would have to make an effort to test drive it. If I did not care for the 610-4 is the 580-2 different enough to justify checking out?

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I bought a LP580-2 Spyder a few weeks ago. I have driven an AWD version also, but prefer the RWD. Just more entertaining as I am used to driving RWD. Having said that, I find driving the Huracan is less engaging than driving the 458 (which I still have). Road feedback is a little numb, almost like driving a Lexus at high speeds. I did do a canyon drive last week in the Huracan, and it definitely was fun... handled much better that I thought it would, and I enjoyed getting the rear a little loose.

3. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I've had a fair amount of seat time and the Performante is streets ahead in terms of theatre and driver involvement.

Coincid would be your man.

Coincid likes this.
  4. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
    I have owned a 580-2 Huracan and a 4 wheel drive EVO. Both were Spyders.

Obviously, the EVO was a little more planted, but the 580-2 was fun also. I live in a city with flat good roads, but you will need the lift on both in just about any shopping center you enter, and on just about any drive.

By comparison, I rarely if ever used the lift on my 458 or F8. I didn’t have any problems with the Lambo’s either and both were reliable. I felt the Evo was a much better styled car and sounded much better, although they both sound good relative to a turbo obviously.

Ride quality definitely not as good as a Ferrari, but it’s a lower car so you have to expect that.

Other than that, just the usual differences between a 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks for the input

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks would love to try one but sadly out of range for me

7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks this helps a ton

8. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Surfah, Boomhauer and RoadRonin like this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Go to discussion heading- F8 or EVO RWD for more information.

10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thx will do

Coincid likes this.