Current 308 Values | FerrariChat

Current 308 Values

Discussion in '308/328' started by Stackhouse, Feb 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    G'Day Everyone!

I did a search but cannot find a thread anywhere tracking current pricing for 308s. Can anyone point me in the right direction or care to comment on the request below. (I have searched auctions, bat ebay etc and classifieds but feel comments from the community will be most helpful!

I am specifically searching for current value/pricing for an 85 Euro 308 GTSi, Red/Ten 40k +/- miles (not sure if odo is accurate) in fair condition (well driven in need of a lot of rags to soak up the oil and numerous little things) located in USA. This is a car owned by a friend who recently passed. Trying to help family place a value on it.

Thanks for any info!

Cheers
    CT

2. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I'll take a stab- $50k-$60k in fair condition
    Very difficult without pictures and documentation.

3. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Are you aware of Hagerty's valuation tool? You can create a free account and get access to it. Attached is the 3 year history of 1985 308 QV valuations up to January 2021. The description of #3 condition is shown. It sounds like yours may be a 4.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Stackhouse likes this.
  4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    50 to 60 K

At least that is the current trend in the classifieds in the latest FCA News bulletin.

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Based on your description, it needs $5-10K of work to be driven and enjoyed. With many mechanical needs, no matter how trivial it will drop the value immediately with any buyer.

I would call it about a 45K car

Stackhouse likes this.
  6. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    40,000 miles or kilometers? My euro registers in kilometers. Could be 24,000+/- miles.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Cavallino magazine also publishes a Market summary..maybe every other issue...inquire for a recent one.

8. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Subscribed. Mine's an 85 GTS QV 3.4L Restomod by Newman, but I might have to list mine eventually to.
    No clue what a full restoration / build should be valued at.

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think the 308 market is pretty buoyant. Dr. Tommy is right. given the mtns needs $45K seems a good start place, and maybe take $39-40K. If you want the max - then try to find all the mtns records - and get the car serviced before selling ... provenance is very important. Euro cars that were imported recently - not such a big deal, but if it was brought over in the 80s -90's then you'll want the Fed certification info - who did the modifications etc... that can be a bit of a price killer. ($5-10K) depending on who did the work... Hagarty's is mostly from Auction sales - so your actual result can be higher or lower. the cars they call good tend to look amazing and are very original... so its hard to go by their ratings.

any pics? where is the car located?

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    myronx19 likes this.
  11. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Distributorless ignition conversion?

12. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.
  13. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I find the Hagerty more accurate, I think it’s really based on publication. I’m sure they all follow the same selling trends from auction. Privately, I’ve seen a few cars sell for more based on condition.

14. Tvjake2

Tvjake2 Karting

Jun 28, 2017
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom J.
    I don't necessarily disagree but all of these sales reference sources are based on averages, generally. Hagerty does show high and low but, personally, I've not found them particularly accurate to what's been recently sold on the wide market. That said the Ferrari Market Letter does tend to be a bit low but I think that's taking into account low sales figures of particular cars. The more cars of a type, with higher production numbers, that they reference the less accurate they seem to be. Of course, accuracy is a somewhat personal thing also...I'd like my car to sell BIG...but then we all wish that.

15. Sean O'Neill

Sean O'Neill Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean O'Neill
    Im always keeping an eye on this topic (since I own a 308). I would say values are creeping up recently for all cars. So much goes into the value calculus for any classic car, its hard to say.

A car with a good mechanical record is less of a headache for a buyer, and thus, has more value. You could always try Bring A Trailer and set a reserve. A lot of work goes into getting the liating up, but depending on how much effort the seller is willing to put in, you can get your fair market value as the buyers will assess the available information and condition and bid accordingly.

16. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's my fault. You see that high point in Sep 2018? Yup, that's when I bought mine. But I've put 15,000 miles on it and if I can get my speed sensor working again my goal is to hit 100k :)

17. Sean O'Neill

Sean O'Neill Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean O'Neill
    Well, in your cass... no worries! I mean, no one like to overpay, but ypu are getting ypur money's worth! Congrats and go get that 100k mark!