Ferrari 365 GTB/4 sn 14151 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 365 GTB/4 sn 14151

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bowzer, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Yes, I knew/know and didn't mean to imply such, but just took the opportunity to bring attention to this issue which appears fairly common.
    Perhaps I was also hoping people would pay more attention to this concern when, even if indirectly, associating your name with it.
    I apologize if this offended you.

Bowzer likes this.
  2. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Looks like a pretty standard "Euro-ized" car to me. I've seen plenty of cars like that right here in the USA... :)

I always find it interesting the folks shave the side-markers, but don't shave the central reverse light. I guess motivation has it's limits...

Whenever a late car has a plexi conversion, I can't help but wonder if a front-end shunt might be at the root of it.

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    #28 Edward 96GTS, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    the central reverse light was original on euro daytonas in the later production yrs. may be it was country specified?
    these two are in france.

Attached Files:

Bowzer and AtSomePoint like this.
  4. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    How sure are you that the red car is not actually a US delivery car? :)

Kidding aside, I must have inspected 6-or-more (over many many years) cars that claimed to be Euros, only to find that they were actually US delivery. The really annoying thing has been when something like Braden/Roush says its a US, but the seller assures that this is a mistake, but a little poking reveals clear evidence of an attempt to Euro-ize...

I've heard the late-production claim (generally in conjunction with thinking that all late cars have the US-style bumpers), but have seen bumper mounts into the 169XX numbers on Euros. Mind you, I acknowledge that it is very possible that folks with Euro cars that had US-car-ish features may well have had those US-car-ish features removed during some restoration, so it is hard to know.

The central light seems to show up occasionally on RHD cars, but I've never bothered to try and figure-out if it was a "UK-vs-Australia" (for example) thing.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The blue one on the right doesn't seem to have a French license plate. The pic may have been taken in France but the plate might be from the UK or elsewhere (despite being a LHD car).

Marcel Massini

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Now here's 17077, a very late and authentic Daytona, with central light but it is a U.S. version which was ordered as such but never made it to USA and stayed in Switzerland.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+, AtSomePoint, Nembo1777 and 3 others like this.
  7. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    @alex. i was told by the owner the cars were always in france.
    also there was a euro black/black ‘73 daytona here in carmel calif with central reverse light. owned by jim truitt. sold to him by gary bobeleff. maybe gary can verify.