360 Spider production by year | FerrariChat

360 Spider production by year

Discussion in '360/430' started by jfor348, Feb 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jfor348

jfor348 Rookie

Apr 14, 2016
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    John Foreman
    I’ve been searching for for days for this info but just can’t quite get there. Does anyone know where I can find the actual production number of 2001 360 spiders?(not including Modenas,just spiders) I’m in Vancouver Canada. The collector car program here ( which provides very cheap insurance) requires that a car be 25 years old. I’m thinking damn, I guess I’ve got a few years to wait. Then the other day, what do I see? It’s a 360 spider with collector plates! I’m like, what the hells going on here? So I call ICBC and they tell me that if the car has low production numbers (specifically, 1500 cars or under for the model year) then a car 15 years or older can qualify. BINGO, that’s my ticket man. ICBC won’t help me. They said I need to provide THEM with the proof. I told them “well I actually saw one on the road, don’t you guys already know this information then”? Didn’t help. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Or I guess I’ll have to call Ferrari and bug them, like they have nothing better to do.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I previously had Haggerty for my classic car insurance. They would not insure my 2001 Spider as it was not old enough.
    I contacted ZEHR Insurance which also sells classic car insurance , and they have another category called specialty cars. ZEHR themselves are also brokers and I received insurance through Echolon, which carries the 19A agreed value clause.
    Similar to classic car insurance their rates start at a small base value and then increase based on the appraised value of your car.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There were 723 US model 2001 360 Modenas and Spiders sold in the US. Using a 28% WAG for US production, that would mean 2582 360s built worldwide during our 2001 MY. Half of that would be ~ 1291 spiders, less than your 1500 number. NHTSA numbers.

Ferrari numbers show 6565 360 Spiders built from 2000-2004. Divide that by 5 model years (not exact, but probably close enough) and you get 1313 Spiders. Numbers are pretty close calculated two ways (1.7% difference) and less than 1500.