Are 70th anniversary models inherently more valuable? | FerrariChat

Are 70th anniversary models inherently more valuable?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 96redLT4, Feb 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    More valuable than their non-anniversary counterparts I should say The asking prices of these used cars are way more than the regular models and many of the 'tailor made' enhancements, eg numbers painted on the doors and corduroy on the seat surfaces, are not necessarily things most people would order for their own car. How much of a premium should these sell for?

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    No. Ask any Porsche guy. Porsche has milked this cow to death.

96redLT4 likes this.
  3. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Like the 812SF painted in Rosso 70 anni.....I would assume a bit more as the paint was a hefty option

96redLT4 likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They are more valuable till ferrari releases 75th anniversary cars in a few years.

NYC Fred, Doc_Dent, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  5. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Boomhauer and 96redLT4 like this.
  7. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I would think the person who would buy this wants a 70th anniversary car and therefore can justify in his mind the premium to be paid. Personally I see no added value in these cars, as I saw this as a marketing exercise gimmick. I would maybe go 275k tops because of the low miles and its a 2017.

NYC Fred, Boomhauer and 96redLT4 like this.
  8. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I used to think the same about these paint-job cars until I looked at the 599 Alonso edition which is just 599 HGTE with lipstick, and I think 40 were made. Just look at the premiums over the standard cars.

With the 70th cars, some designs look same as standard cars, others have tailor-made style special materials, and a good number look like a complete mess.

I think some of these might end up like the Alonso and trade at a big premium to the standard car, but only the nicer ones.

9. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I dont see why they would sell at a premium, unless the spec is really attractive to a specific buyer. Many of them are kind of odd, and not something most people would spec themselves. It might be worth a premium to the right buyer, but if I were on the market for a second hand car, I'd rather spend 20K over average market rate to get a very nicely specc'ed car, than to get a Ronald McDonald kind of Ferrari.

10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    96redLT4 likes this.
  11. rexw

rexw Rookie

Jan 21, 2021
    Virgina
    That’s my local dealership I’ve seen a fair share of f12s one of my favorite cars but I don’t see the appeal In the 70th anniversary edition over the normal especially when it costs almost 2 times the price of the base model for me it’s about the driving experience not the special badge saying 70th anniversary

96redLT4 likes this.