Latest FORZA issue - 599 Buying guide....? | FerrariChat

Latest FORZA issue - 599 Buying guide....?

Discussion in '612/599' started by spirot, Feb 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hi all, anyone else see the latest issue of FORZA? it has the 599 buying guide by Michael Sheehan. I don't know why they use him? Perhaps it's the way he writes, but it is always condescending.

The overall review was fine, but his point that 599's will never be collectible, ... is what he said about 308's etc.. and then guess what - they are now collectible. Either he's just a sour guy, or it serves his own purpose ... he routinely crapped all over 308 - 328 -348 owners and cars until he starts to sell them. I'm not a fan. I don't think the 599 is going to be the next GTO but I think like a lot of cars its just too hard to predict. they could be utter flops or could be skyrocketing ... 5-10 years from now. Perhaps he could just say "its hard to see the 599 becoming on par with Enzo era cars" etc...

Ok, I feel better getting it out. oh and he compared the 599 to the 612 as having the same engine architecture? from what I've read they don't share any? who is correct?

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    This just means that the 599 will appreciate. It’s now a buy and hold proposition. :)

Jim

Camp Freddie and Texas Forever like this.
  3. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The Black 599's are going up in value!

mrp_e, 500drvr and jimshadow like this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I didn't renew my Forza subscription...
    The 599 was groundbreaking.

5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    599 and 612 share a lot of architecture all over the car, but ironically the engine is one area where they are almost entirely different!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    612 has an F133 engine with cambelts and no cam advance/retard that began with the 550 and evolved into the late 612 F133H engine. The 599 has an F140 engine with chain driven cams and cam advance/retard that started with the Enzo and then was productionized (steel rods instead of titanium, etc) for the 599. Both could be said to have evolved from the F116 engine in the 456, but there was a lot of evolution between the F116 and F133 and between the F133 and the F140.

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    lets hope!

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    You would think a Marque Expert like Mr. Sheehan would take his time to research that... I have a very hard time trusting anything that comes from him. its all so self serving.

Marcel Massini likes this.
  9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Hard to believe he did not already know it without having to research it. Car salesman verses someone like Brian Crall who knows them inside and out.

Marcel Massini and Texas Forever like this.
  10. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    In my opinion 599 is the best value in the current crazy used exotic car market

vitajojo38 likes this.
  11. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I know the thread title says Latest FORZA, but for a split second I saw LaForza buyers guide and I thought, why in the world would anyone make that?

Back on topic.

evanmcm and jimshadow like this.
  12. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i hope he is right...... wish i was around when used cars were just used cars and not (insert)......

evanmcm likes this.
  13. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    As someone who tried to buy a 599 from him a few years ago, he is just another guy making it up as he goes along. He told me all about the markets and why he wouldn't sell me the car at the price I offered only to have the asking price marked down $10k below my offer several months later.

Texas Forever likes this.
  14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Exactly. I think he was successful with Enzo era cars... mostly because there are so few... but he's crapped all over Fiat era cars... as just "Used cars" ... mostly so he can drive the values down so he can capitalize on the market that he comments on. Its like having the fox sell chicken eggs. I've never met him, but from the outside looking in - I don't find anything redeeming from his activity. I'm sure he's a nice guy...

15. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I cancelled my Forza subscription a while ago, but I used to complain about Sheehan all the time in the 308 section. I love my 599 and I'm not worried about one idiot who thinks all F cars past 1974 are worthless.

Marcel Massini, Mamich and DZ-96 like this.
  16. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I still have the subscription to FORZA.. why I'm not sure. the articles are pretty basic. it was better when it was Rasmussen and Frankyl. .... but I like it better then Cavalino. It's more useful than Cavalino. cavalino is more like a long newspaper read, on one car or model, which is good, but its so snobby at the same time.... for once I'd love to see an article in Cavallino about an 85 QV vs. a 58 TR chassis number ..... give me something obtainable.... Forza is the opposite. how many 360 comparison guides can you write? there has to be a happy middle - and for me that was Enzo.. but alas its no more. I used to subscribe to Octane and EVO as well. but they have all lost the plot as they say. so FORZA is the only one i still get ... and RR Bently driver.