Official Monza SP1 and SP2 market value thread | FerrariChat

Official Monza SP1 and SP2 market value thread

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by roma1280, Jan 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    As the first cars come out of the 18 month lockup just curious to hear what market values are doing for the Monza. Please share if you have info. Thank you

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    We had one case in Switzerland last year where the original owner sold it after just 4 months and made some 600 Grand.

Marcel Massini

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I once again call for a separate forum.

SF90 gets one.. why not Icona?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Agreed.

5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    yes exactly. now we know a new icona is coming and its code name has leaked (f251)discussions are scattered in various forums now time for a new icona forum, don't know why the moderator is not paying atention to this

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I think its because it uses the same platform as the F12 and 812. The SF90 is a new platform.

7. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    This is nitpicking, but that argument doesnt hold up because the SF90 platform is a (very) modified existing platform, just like the Monza. So if SF90 gets a forum, why not Icona?

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Actually that makes a lot of sense since in the future we will have other ICONAS and they will all likely have some relationship to other production cars ...you should pm Rob...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Interesting. I thought the SF90 has the new modular platform accommodating hybrids, etc. Monza rides the same basic chassis, engine, brakes, steering, etc. as the larger production runs. As far as I know its 10 hp more on the 6.5l engine and carbon bodywork. If there are going to be more in a series then maybe an Icona section as opposed to a Monza section. I remember when the 599GTO folks wanted their own section - denied.

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The 599 GTO is a special version of the 599. Just like the TDF is a special version of the F12.

The Monza structure has a lot alterations. Ferrari says it is an entirely new line of cars, not a special edition or version of an existing car- I realize we are splitting hairs in some ways.

The SF90 uses a heavily reworked F8 chassis- what they’ve done is really quite astounding when you think about it. I think they’ve changed the rake of the windshield a bit, they’ve moved the cockpit forward a touch, your seating position is lower, I think its maybe 1-2”. They made room for the battery, the motors etc. You do lose some trunk space, which is an issue for some. I can’t wait to drive it.

My point here is Ferrari says SF90 is a new market segment- they did not say there would be a successor- though I think we all assume there will be something. But what if SF90 is a one time car? Yet it gets its own section.

The Icona series is a new line of cars- announced before SF90. When was the last time they announced an entirely new line of cars? The California would have been it- and it gets its own section. Speaking of which, to be argumentative, Ferrari does say the Portofino is an entirely new chassis- and Roma is very much changed from Portofino- and they don’t get a section. So I’m not sure if there is a consistent set of rules or criteria for making new sections here.

However, my opinion, and its only my opinion, they should do it, as Icona is clearly a very important development for Ferrari and the cars deserve it. When was the last time Ferrari announced a new line of what basically are halo type cars? Thats how I see it, maybe its not quite at the hypercar level: GTO, F40, F50, Enzo, LF level, but, they are clearly meant to sit above everything else. I think its important.

Bundy, LARRYH, spyderman and 5 others like this.
  11. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    the sf90 chassis is not a reworked f8 chassis, it's completely new.

350MH83 likes this.
  12. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Mobile.de has had 4-5 ads listed for examples for a while now, but the details are usually very vague for owner protection I assume. Prices were somewhere around 2-2.3 million Euros.

There are 2 physical examples available though, now. A red SP1 listed at 2.5 million Euros & a black w/ double white stripe SP2 at 2.3 million Euros.

13. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I thought so too, but I recently spoke to a Ferrari mechanic who had to pull apart the dashboard and do some work on the front bulkhead and he said the chassis is very similar to the F8...I am not saying it is or it isn’t I m just passing on an interesting bit of feedback

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    There is a SP2 privately being offered from Germany for 2.6 EUR net. I think it is way too much, but then I am not a prospective buyer.
    It is funny to see a car that most people said is not worth 1.5 EUR on launch fetch above 2 post-delivery. I think it has a lot to do with the looks (it really is one of the most stunning cars Ferrari has ever produced) and the fact that regulation makes producing this type of car almost impossible in the future.

15. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    It may be a matter of semantics, and I am happy to call it new- but it is a reworked F8 frame and chassis. They’ve done some work with adding CF to help enhance the structure, not unlike what BMW does with their cars. In any event, I am glad the SF90 gets its own section, because it is an amazing new segment for Ferrari. I just think Icona should have one too. Even the title of the Monza thread says 812 platform.

16. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Indeed.

Although, I would guess the prices are also being affected due to "slim pickings" on the market. As more examples pass the 18-month threshold & more owners may be interested in making money off the cars than keeping them long term, I wonder if the values will level a bit back to around 2m Euros. Cars undoubtedly, always remain what they were factory and then some, of course.

17. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  18. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    It's not on their web site. Is it already sold or withdrawn from sale?

19. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    No I got an email and it was not on the website when I checked right away

bwshihtzu likes this.
  20. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I don’t know what price Monzas are trading for but I have been contacted by two different non Ferrari dealers and was offered $500k over by one of them who claimed to have a buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11, 350MH83 and roma1280 like this.
  21. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Same here...not many cars are changing hands at the moment, but the bids are at least 30% over list

roma1280 likes this.
  22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It was withdrawn because of an error as it was too early to be offered for sale. One has to wait until July 2021 when the contract allows a sale.

Marcel Massini

Caeruleus11, bwshihtzu and 350MH83 like this.
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    roma1280 likes this.
  24. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I know of one for sale in Germany from a collector who is getting out of the game, and asking similar.

These bids are for the very early sales, and within the contract restriction period. It has to be remembered that even the very early 812, a normal production car, sold for 25-30% over list in mid-2018.

It will be a while before we know if the Monza will have a sustained premium or whether Ferrari priced it just right to leave no money on the table for the buyers. If I had to guess, these early numbers indicate they got it spot on.

cesman and roma1280 like this.
  25. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Yes I think the trend of Ferrari not wanting to leave any money on the table for the little guy is so short-sighted. There were a lot of guys that could buy a car, keep it for a little while, get out flat or make a little, let the dealer make a little and that’s what made the world go around. That same guy has now lost money 3 cars in a row and I imagine it’s getting old right around now. Want to buy a Portofino M and take a 30% haircut in a year? Interested in a Ferrari SUV and take a 30% haircut? Want to be invited to buy the next Icona for $2.5m, made to sign a contract that states you can’t sell it for 18 months only to realize that it was priced so perfectly (to Barry’s point above) that you can only get out at a loss, especially after taxes. It’s disappointing. Will the next supercar be $4m? I hope not.

Bundy, cesman, BarryK and 1 other person like this.