Old photos of UK Ferrari | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Old photos of UK Ferrari

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wheels1, Dec 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Pye

Jason Pye Rookie

May 13, 2018
    U.K.
    Full Name:
    Jason Pye
    Hi,
    The garage was AJS motors in Norwich, I will find a front on shot with the number plate in for you when I get home. It would be interesting to find out what happened to it. He didn’t drive it much as he preferred the Ghibli and Miura....
    Jason

2. Harrqwertyuiop

Oct 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Harry Calcraft

Robert W likes this.
  3. Robert W

Robert W Formula 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
    Thank you for posting this. My pleasure. Maybe get in touch with @PAUL BABER who I believe knew your great grandma?

4. Manuel.G

Manuel.G Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    España - Madrid
  5. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    The FIAT 600 or the 308?

Paul

6. Manuel.G

Manuel.G Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    España - Madrid
    308 hahahaha

It is the only photo I can find of this unit

7. chuch

chuch Rookie

Sep 5, 2014
    Full Name:
    chuch
    Love them old B&W.

8. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Other than it is still around. Sorned, and MOT'd until Dec. 2020. FERARI 308 GTS QV 1983. Last V5 issued 2014.

9. Manuel.G

Manuel.G Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    España - Madrid
    Thank you, I had already checked that information, I am interested in some photography or information, it was originally white

allandwf likes this.
  10. Manuel.G

Manuel.G Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    España - Madrid
    It wasspotted at Le MAns Classic 2012 and 2014
    "46451 308 GTS QV ZFFLA13B000046451, LHD, red / beige," ACK 308A "(GB), camping Karting Nord

the photograph that I put is in the Bromley pageant, year?

11. Si27

Si27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Okay, my very first post on FChat. I have checked out some of the great threads and fantastic contributions and so thought I would subscribe and maybe offer the odd contribution, so here goes with an old photo taken at Silverstone (most likely) my old photos got mixed up in a box trying to sort and scan them will be a big job. I didn't do serial numbers back in the day but I am sure there'll be a few folks on here who can sort this out.... Image Unavailable, Please Login

stocky, 375+, miurasv and 2 others like this.
  12. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Welcome Simon.

That is David Piper's 365 P2 #0836.

Any chance of bigger pictures please ?

13. Si27

Si27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Not sure what the maximum size allowed is, but try this one. I don't think I have another one of this car at this event, I am still sorting through the boxes of old photos, thanks for the confirmation on the chassis number.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Pangea, 375+, miurasv and 2 others like this.
  14. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    That's great, many thanks.

15. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Simon. Thank you for taking the plunge: both for making a start with your photographs and for posting here. I know what a big step the first post is, especially when it is a photograph, but it does get easier. I would love to know what was happening on Christmas Eve in 2010 for you to sign up to Ferrari-Chat but not to post until now! :)

Luckily I have always kept most of my photographs in some sort of order but I do understand the task ahead of you if yours are not in any sort of order. Like you, I was not always interested in numbers but everything would have been so much easier if I had been from the start. Scanning and sorting pictures is very time consuming but I have found it very rewarding and enjoyable. Thank goodness for the time provided by lockdowns though!

Mark has beaten me to the identity of your first picture: I had been hoping to provide a where and when to go with the what. This took a bit longer than identifying the car. Your picture is from the Silverstone Historic Festival in July 1999.

I look forward to seeing more of your images.

JOEV likes this.
  16. Si27

Si27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Thanks Robert, no real mystery about the gap joining to posting, just life stuff. I've been using the lockdown to organise old programmes, magazines, autographs and scan some photo's. Here's another one of David Pipers cars from Silverstone. I think it is the 330 P4 #900 but I could be wrong..

Nicolas21, 375+, miurasv and 2 others like this.
  17. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    The two cars you have posted pictures of were parked next to each other.

I think David Piper's Lola T70 and Nick Mason's 512S also in view.

At the time we were always told that the green car was numbered 0900 but...

18. Si27

Si27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Parked next to each other at the same event fantastic info, thanks. Maybe my photo filling system isn't as bad as I thought !!

19. Si27

Si27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Another one from Silverstone, but more likely 1997 and the I believe this may be 246 Sport Dino #778. Not really much to go on in the photo so if I am wrong correction would be welcome

miurasv and Ferrari27 like this.
  20. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Simon. I think this is still 1999. At first glance there are too many inlet trumpets for this to be a 6 cylinder car. I believe this is 250 Testarossa 0774 at the time owned by Paul Pappalardo.

21. Si27

Si27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Hi Robert, Thanks again, one of the things that encouraged me to post was the fact that there are so many knowledgeable folks on here and that they share that with those of us with more to learn. I am sure there me more corrections to come....

22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Here.
    Clearly a fake number.

Marcel Massini

23. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    But David Piper has never suggested, as far as I am aware, that Ferrari stamped the frame, so that doesn't say anything as to whether his story about Enzo giving him the number to use is true or not. Maybe it doesn't actually matter that much? He bought some parts from Ferrari, had others made, built and raced a replica P4 (and had Didier Pironi drive it when he was a Factory Ferrari driver - which says something about his relationship with the Factory) which has its own history (40-odd years and counting). And, in all that time, it has been raced and entered as a Ferrari without the Factory batting an eyelid.