Pista - Deals to be had? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pista - Deals to be had?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by msgm1, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you are right - i will start a new thread

338Lapua likes this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Speciales are sitting at about msrp, some higher some lower which is still much lower than a decent spec'd Pista but they have limited if any downside. All the others, CS, 16m, scud are way down from highs.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Very good CS and 16M are near to past highs. You dont find them advertised, FYI.

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    2 CS's for sale right now on fchat alone. They are out there but certainly not many. 16ms are way down, like 200k from when I was looking a few years ago. Great time to pick one up.

5. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I cannot find the CS's you mention for sale on Fchat, can you please send link?

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Check the classifieds, private sale for a TDF and a red by Yellow Compass.

7. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks

Gh21631 likes this.
  8. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Here in the US, Pistas are retailing in the low 4s. Pista Spiders are retailing in the high 5s to low 6s. Knock 5-10% off that for wholesale values. This is regardless of MSRP.

roma1280 likes this.
  9. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Well, I have been looking at several Spiders to potentially trade-up.....the ones at the high 500 thousands are bare bones poorly speced. Here in South Florida it’s hard to negotiate a good deal on a well speced Spider....at least for now.

roma1280 likes this.
  10. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    They are out there especially if you look outside your local dealer network. I just picked up a high spec Pista Spider after trading my Pista coupe.

South Florida market on fire likely because of the one Pista Spider that sold at Palm Beach for $150k over. I believe it was a $500k MSRP car and sold for mid 6s but I'm not certain.

Art138 likes this.
  11. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Just go give an update:

Note: I am just an enthusiast. I am not in the car business (directly or indirectly). I am more Mclaren centric (I like to track the road cars and Mclarens suit my purpose (warranty while tracking), ease of getting the cars and great dealer support for my purposes). On the ferrari side of things; I've had Scud (bought in 2014 (bought from Euro Cars Orange County , sold in 2016 (through my mclaren dealer), 458 (bought in 2014 (Ferrari Salt Lake City) and sold in 2014 (through Ferrari Palm Beach ), 458 speciale bought in 2015 (bought through Ferrari Palm Beach and sold in 2021 (through broker), F12 bought in 2015 (ferrari silicon valley) and sold in 2016 (never sold through Ferrari dealer and wholesaled by myself to a different Marque franchised dealer). I just bought a Pista through a broker.

Everyone who talks about deprecation or lack of it is full of Sh*t on car forums. They hardly tell the truth or are open about it and are just here to tell people how smart they are and the rest are dumb.

Ferrari franchised dealers are not moving much from the listed prices. Re-sellers aren't moving much either. Consigned cars are for sale but not really for sale. Owners aren't really in a hurry to move their cars.

The real action is through the wholesalers/brokers who are moving cars from owners who are getting low balled by dealers. According to the brokers, the biggest spread between wholesale/dealer buys and listing prices are Pista's and 812 superfast.

My first sell transaction through a broker/re-seller was my first Senna (they bought it in literally two minutes from an instagram story of mine). Second transaction through the same broker was when I was offered a Senna when I wasn't even looking for one (I received a fairly good deal on it). Next transaction was selling my speciale through the same broker (fwiw; $372K MSRP, Sold for $330K and I received $320K with 8,000 miles. I was offered $295K wholesale on this car two years ago from dealer and different re-seller).

I wasn't looking for a Pista. I sold my 765 recently through the same broker (Over MSRP). I had ordered 765 before I bought Senna #2 and mainly took delivery of it to help out my mclaren dealer to meet year end numbers. I was expecting to break even or lose a bit but was fine with that. It sold over MSRP.

Flush with cash (from recent car sales) and wanting to buy something; I decided Pista but only if it was a deal. It wasn't a car that I needed to have, or lusted for. I just thought it was a cool car. I had a 720s for 3 years and I consider it the G.O.A.T. for cars below $500K.

First couple of Pistas offered by broker was MSRP's in the range of $430K to $480K with delivery miles (cars for sale by owners but not really for sale) with $5K to $10K off MSRP.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and the same broker sends me a car that has MSRP of $510K, 400 miles and he says he can get for me around $430K, no story car. I tell him yes. He basically got it for me at wholesale price as somewhat of a reward for the other transactions. He said that this car with $430K buy from a dealer would be normally listed at $470K retail through a franchised dealer.

12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s good intel. Thanks for sharing. I’m curious though why sold you your 765LT already? Mine hasn’t even arrived yet, and I can hardly wait.

13. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Agree with these comments. I speak from experience purchasing 2 Pistas (1 coupe, 1 spider) and selling 1. I too spoke to wholesalers around the country when it came time to get out of my Pista coupe. People on these forums are ill-informed or using some rumor they heard to speculate. Pistas are still strong on the retail side especially well spec'd cars. It's the people who "need to get out" that are getting taken for a ride - but that happens on any non-essential indulgence. When you're desperate to sell, the sharks smell the blood. That said, I will clarify my comment that Pista coupes are transacting in the low, ok, maybe mid 4s (420-450) and spiders are high 5s to low to mid 6s. Whatever that works out over or under that car's specific MSRP is what it is. These are delivery mile cars up to cars with less than 2k miles. Again I speak from experience. But who knows what will happen once the spring comes - especially with the typical spring "bump" plus the addition of some of these Gamestop and AMC overnight millionaires.

Gh21631 likes this.
  14. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

I'd like to talk to your broker if possible.

15. haopug

haopug Rookie

Jan 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    LYDIAMAO
    Same there. I’m looking for buying a pista this month

16. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Instagram he is thedriver88

Andrew Pappas 707 391 7325

17. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Maybe I got lucky, I got good money for mine.

19. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Considering a pista while i wait for my f8. Most seem to be in mid-500s so around 100K over MSRP. Is that really the market and are cars moving at these premiums? There are a fair number (around 40) on the online markets I see but I’m sure more dealers have them….

20. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Here is your answer in real time. 449k msrp and sold for 553k yesterday. So yes the market is 100k over.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2020-ferrari-pista-on-bat.660178/

Thecadster and Art138 like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you pick up a Pista your likely to sell the F8

Lagunae92 and Thecadster like this.
  22. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I initially had an F8 configured and ready to order but cancelled when I bought the Pista. No looking back.

Thecadster and Gh21631 like this.
  23. dvelez2

dvelez2 Karting

Jan 20, 2016
    Full Name:
    Daniel A. Velez
  24. Better than N of 0

25. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    True. From my intel it appears many of the high priced USA pistas are sitting for months at dealers. I suspect many/most are consignment cars. Same with the high priced f8s. In taking to my dealer about trades I think many dealers are sensing a slowdown and are reluctant to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars in liquid funds to have a car sit in their showroom for months.

Gh21631 likes this.