430 - Rough running = battery thank you! | FerrariChat

430 Rough running = battery thank you!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Themaven, Feb 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I had to move my 430 last weekend for some repairs in the garage. Driving 50 metres/yards to its temporary accommodation, I noticed it was running poorly, felt like four cylinders/half the power. No warning signs lit.

Rather than panic though, I remembered what had been said on this forum, that a battery not optimally conditioned can lead to a car starting, but not running well. The electrics to the garage had failed for the last few days. Meaning the CTEK was off.

I hooked it up to its conditioner in its new temporary home, and today on moving it back, it ran perfectly.

So thank you everyone who pointed this out in various posts before, and hopefully emphasising it here will help anyone new to these cars understand that a battery may be fit enough to start the car, but I can still leave running problems. Not something I would’ve figured out myself.

janmante, gatago, ENDOSURG and 2 others like this.
  2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    this is why I love this forum... great knowledge and willing to share. ;)

3. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    WE noted the engine was VERY happy and seemed to start faster ,run better, charge faster, after we fitted a aftermarket Lithium battery ! ( and the car lost about 40 pounds instantly ! )Would never go back to a lead -acid type ! it's been flawless for over 2 years now