Anyone here buy this car? | FerrariChat

Anyone here buy this car?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ///Mink, Nov 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I seem to recall this car being discussed here but can't find it. VIN is ZFFZR49A7W0110036 and was for sale by Gt Auto Lounge. I only ask because I was at the tire shop today getting some new shoes for my Boss 302 and this car was there at the same time. It's honestly the first time I have seen a 550 out in the wild (ie not at an event).

At first glance, it's a very nice car. Books, tools, very original. I think the ask was $110K so I would imagine someone got a good deal.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  2. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’d love to know who got that one. I had also been watching it.

if I recall it was a 2 owner and well documented?

@climbernyc

3. climbernyc

climbernyc Karting

Aug 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It was well documented. A couple of things turned me off so I passed (found my Pozzi car at the same time..). Mechanically one of the best maintained cars I have seen. Friend of a friend bought, I believe

F456M likes this.
  4. PB550

PB550 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Patrick B
    Hey guys.

Sorry I did not see this earlier. I just noticed the post and the photos of my 550 at the tire shop.

I was the lucky winner. I closed the deal in November. It was at the shop because I asked GT Auto Lounge replace the tires before it was shipped down to So Cal.

It was an interesting story. After changing my focus from the 456 to the 550, I saw this 550 online in July but didn't think much of it. In September, I had to fly up to Sacramento for a funeral service. I decided to check it out at that time before flying back home. I'm glad I did because the 550 looked so much better in person.

The owner of GT Auto Lounge called a few days later. I did some more research and reviewed the maintenance records. Based on the records and someone who know the mechanic who serviced the vehicle, it was said to be very well-maintained. I had a PPI performed just in November. I also reached out to Mike from Yellow Compass and he also gave me some tips and advice in regards to the offer. In November, I flew up again after the PPI was performed to test drive and closed the deal the same day.

First owner was a CEO of a tech company and owned it for 12 years. Second owner was a car collector and owned a construction company. Sadly, the owner passed away in 2019 the family decide sell the car. On the CarFax, the was one item reported as an unreported accident sometime in 2019. The owner's family mentioned that a small area needed to be repainted resulting from a small scratch cause be someone walking by the vehicle with a lawn chair. It occurred at an annual car show.

Quote from Ferrari Owners Club Chairman in an article in the OC Register 7/25/2009

"You just don't own a Ferrari - you are the caretaker of a beautiful piece of moving art"

I feel so blessed to be the third owner and new caretaker of this 550.

Patrick Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

poljav, Patrik550, Qavion and 9 others like this.
  5. SteveVT

SteveVT Karting

Nov 30, 2019
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Steve
    @PB550 - She looks like a real beauty - enjoy!!

PB550 likes this.
  6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There were several of us looking at that one and I agree with many that one seemed like a very good example of the breed!

7. PB550

PB550 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Patrick B
    I was surprised that it was still available in November when I closed the deal. There day after the PPI, it was a coincidence that I spoke to a broker in NJ who was also looking to make an offer on the car. However, when he learned that I just had PPI performed on it, he was gracious enough to give me negotiating advice on what to offer and the first opportunity to close the deal.

Il Tifoso and Texas Forever like this.
  8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Very nice, congratulations.

9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Congrats! The car looks stunning. Welcome to the 550 club. If you have Instagram, you can hashtag your 550 photos with #the550family. I just «invented» it so it can be possible to identity 550 pictures from the real owners instead of people just posting a picture of a 550. That way, it is easier to find fellow owners and build friendships across countries!

keep us posted on you experience with the car.

Erik

PS. Funerals are never exactly fun, but if it hasn’t been for that trip, ypu might never have bought that car! Always see the positive aspects :)

10. PB550

PB550 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Patrick B
    Thanks Erik. My thoughts exactly. I believe it was no coincidence that I was up there....to support a family friend, and to see the "greenlight" opportunity and see the 550. And thanks for the Instagram hashtag. I'm somewhat new to posting but I will figure it out.

Patrick

11. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Congratulations on the purchase. I’ve had mine fore 17 years and it only gets more beautiful as the years go by.

PB550 likes this.
  12. PB550

PB550 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Patrick B
    Thanks. This is my first and I plan to enjoy it for many years. It's only been two months for me and it brings a smile to my face everyday.

13. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Congrats Patrick. I was so surprised to run into that car while I was at the tire shop. I was especially pleased to see how close it is to my own 550, 109919.

14. PB550

PB550 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Patrick B
    Thanks Tom. Yes, the VINs are very close. I'm glad you posted the photo and question. I did a double take when I saw the photo of the car and the tire shop in the background and read the other posts. Thanks for the warm welcome. It's great to be able to interact with other 550 owners and Ferrari enthusiasts in general.

Themaven, LVP488 and ///Mink like this.