430 - Well, I Spoke Too Soon (CEL After Header Install) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Well, I Spoke Too Soon (CEL After Header Install)

Discussion in '360/430' started by BlacktopRacing, Feb 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I don’t understand these CEL... I know 5 people that have Top speed and no CEL. I have had them for 4 years or so and no CEL.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Any estimated completion time? This is the only thing preventing me from going aftermarket. I don’t want to deal with CELs

3. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Nothing definite. He's identifying potential beta testers and working out the production of the hardware component. Then there is the app to go with it.

From what he told me, this will do everything an SD3 will do and more and at an astonishingly low price. He has one hell of a powerful knowledge base about how the 430 firmware works, the mappings, and how to tweak them.

I have worked with genius before. Trevor ranks right up there. Cut him and he bleeds invaluable information.

There is no doubt in my mind that I will buy it immediately after it becomes available.

Ray

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

My experience, these cel will only show after you drive it continuously for more than , say , 100 miles -300 miles. In one go, that is. It is a chancy thing. Each time you shut down the car , the detection of the downstream o2 sensor resets, it seems.

I used to have a few long trips to somewhere located 180 miles away. Sometimes it has CEL and sometimes it doesn't.

Since I don't do long trips often, it never gives me any cel now.

5. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I have 5000 miles on top speed and never a cel

6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

I mean, engine continuous running. you can't run an engine for 5000 miles without turning it off in daily settings. ie. at least u need to turn off engine for gas stations.

like I said, it seems that each time you turn off the engine, the detection of the downstream o2 sensor resets itself

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev

Hello Ray,

It was really great to speak to you too. Enjoyed it a lot.

Guys if you want "guaranteed" fully tried and tested No CEL ever for cat efficiency then get in touch with Aldous of AV Engineering. He can advise how you can get this accomplished quickly and without fuss. No need to send ecu's abroad, etc.

8. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Stef said to say "Hi". He's a big fan of yours.

I've visited Aldous' web site many times. He has lots of good info. I will contact him ASAP. I'd rather fix this at the EPROM level but if he has another solution I'm all ears.

Very much looking forward to the release of your product. I understand these things don't happen overnight and require exhaustive testing and validation.

Cheers,

Ray

9. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Lol. It’s obvious I didn’t run 5000 miles without Turning the engine off.... What I’m saying is I have 5000 miles long and short trips on those headers and I have not once had a CEL. Many people are running different types of headers and getting CEL lights. Most of them don’t run more than 100 miles in a trip. My point is if you have the original cats he probably will not get a CEL from headers

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

It will. it will more than likely to show a code in the ecu after driving 100 miles., although not a cel on dash.
    if you drive more then possibility of getting a cel on dash is there, but never too often.

11. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    like I said from running those headers on my car I have not gotten any cel from the headers.... on the dash or otherwise.