Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 75 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
  2. Smejwajej02

Smejwajej02 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    marko.urbac likes this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sold to Hong Kong and also received a new engine.

Marcel Massini

4. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Mr. Massini, do you know the reason for a new engine? I saw the photos on Instagram. The car (unfortunately) received also a satin gray wrap with some red pinstripes and a Tricolore on the front vent.

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    When you see these supercars just kinda tossed around like toys, they lose all meaning and being speacial. They just become more junk on the pile. Yet when you see them in other collections they look like fine jewelry..and worth every penny.

tritone, Boomhauer and readplays like this.
  6. Atombender

Atombender Karting

Apr 6, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sorry if it's been asked before but is there a definite figure on the Bentley Dominator's power output? I do not believe for a second that the Sultan (or his brother) would find the 90's Bentley Continental standard aggregate (385-400 HP) to be "sufficient". ;)

A late 90's AMS article mentions 524 HP (PS), which doesn't seem too outlandish when you look at later Bentley models like the Arnage T and the 2010 Brooklands.

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Engines are usually replaced when the former one is malfunctioning, not working or simply defect.

Marcel Massini

marko.urbac and Lm_spot like this.
  8. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    These old cars like the Espada and Pentera.. how would one go about rescuing them?

10. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    That grey Enzo has nothing to do with Brunei at all! It is once again false information spreaded through Social Media...

11. MaxiMarks

MaxiMarks Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Maxi Marks
    Perhaps the OP could confirm with his contact. I have mentioned in the past how this thread has become quite messy with reposts and misinformation. However, the landscaping in the photo does appear to be the same as the BRF's house in Hampstead, London.

Lm_spot likes this.
  12. SVLT

SVLT Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julian Sutton
    this post has become messy with re-post because it will probably take 12 hours to go through. I only know because I did that over a few days.

13. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    In a YouTube video about the Empire Hotel & Country Club I found a good aerial view of the Lagoon Villas, where most of the 150+ photos were taken. Most probably the cars were photographed at the three villas to the left, the ones with the shared swimming pool overlooking the beach. There seem to be also three cars parked in front... all of them black (oh what a surprise :D) . You can also have a look at the interesting video about the Hotel here:

HD photo: https://i.postimg.cc/ssyGJ5tJ/Untitled.png

Image Unavailable, Please Login