430 - Vacuum valves on Ferrari Sport Exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Vacuum valves on Ferrari Sport Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by MKTViper, Jan 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I'm curious too. Did you have someone cut out the old valves and weld in new ones? Where'd you source the valves?

2. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Another F-Chat member had them, not sure where they were sourced from but they are the exact actuators. Tubi would be a good place to start I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No, not the whole butteryfly/valve assembly that’s welded in, just the vacuum actuator itself. From an F-chat member.

4. van22

van22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2005
    Absecon Island, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    VAN C
    Question did you guys have these issues from the time you did the install or did they develop over time? Getting ready to do a install this weekend

5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mine was at the time of install

van22 likes this.
  6. GCNSX

GCNSX Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 20, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I finally got my rattles fixed. Ferrari replaced my complete sport exhaust system under warranty. I was told that if it’s been a year or less since your time of purchase, regardless of where it was installed, the part carries a one-year warranty from invoice date. Anyone with this problem should see their local dealer with purchase documentation. Ferrari of New England took the car in and sent documentation of the issues to Ferrari; they had a new system installed in a couple of days.

Mine had the rattles from the day it was installed. It was embarrassing, and I was driving with the valves open all the time to avoid the rattling, but it drones horribly at low RPM with the valves open. Very happy with it now working correctly. And I should mention that the reduction in engine bay temperatures with this system is staggering.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i just put the factory sport exhaust on my 430 that has cap headers and cap 200 cel cats. i literally cant tell when (if) the valves are opening...is it that subtle? on oem muffler its binary - you can distinctly hear when the vales open and close. anyone else notice the same thing our are my valves not opening?

8. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    TT, unplugging the vacuum hoses will let you know.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I wld but the car isnt here

10. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had the same issue. Turns out the solenoid was clogged and leaky with rubber debris from the hose between the solenoid and the vacuum valve. The valve hoses on my car had been permanently removed so the valves were "always open". They put screws in the end of the hoses. Between that and the age of the hoses, there was enough to clog the solenoid open enough to leak.

When the solenoid is open, it pulls vacuum and closes the valves.
    The solenoids are super cheap on Amazon: Bosch 0280142308 Purge Valve
    I went through 2 valves on one side before I finally replaced the hoses too.

11. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    BTW, I also have the factory sport exhaust with FS headers. You can DEFINITELY tell the difference. I have the Forza controller with a 3-way switch in the dash.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok thanks mike...i will have it looked at...

13. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ttforcefed,
    I think I gave you the wrong part...the Bosch Purge Valve is part of the EVAP system (I replaced those too). You can look at Ricambi or Eurospares for the part number and do a search on Amazon. I think they were $69 a piece or so. Sorry about the confusion!
    Cheers,
    Mike

14. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here is the one you want:
    Pierburg Electric Valve Electrical 12 V 7.22687.39.0#OEM 078906283A For FERRARI 178309

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Thank brah