BBi electric door switch lower cost alternative? | FerrariChat

BBi electric door switch lower cost alternative?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by mexicruiser, Feb 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hello, I’m still working on my doors and found the driver side electric switch to be faulty, this sends power to the passenger side actuator to open both doors when the key is turned in the lock.
    There are two types for the boxer apparently:
    A-Part number: 60636900 for the older BB and perhaps early BBi (Looks like a tiny black briefcase)
    B-Part number: 61329500 for the later BBi (the one I got that is grey case with an odd shape)
    These are both quite expensive around 250-350 usd, I have seen another one part number 150040 that looks very much like part B including the connectors (black case), this one is used on the 512TR/F512M and is much cheaper at around $80, does anybody have the electric diagram for 512TR or F512M so I can check if the feeds and functions are the same? Or has anybody tried the swap?

Attached Files:

2. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sorry should have searched more intensely, I found the wiring diagram For a TR and the connections have the same routing, looks like an interchange is possible, anyone tried it?

3. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I was searching for alternatives for a F355 doorlock actuator, but even though the wiring was the same, the plunger had a different throw, and the internal microswitch switch had a different trigger point. The microswitch trigger point is probably not important on the BBi, though. It has a different function as far as I can see.

mexicruiser likes this.
  5. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    In this case throw and trigger are relevant, the driver side is only a switch that sends power to the passenger side actuator.

Qavion likes this.