458... Which One Would You Choose? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458... Which One Would You Choose?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by oo7ml, Nov 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I think that a red Ferrari is classic.
    I chose a Titanium/Red 458.
    I have noticed that when I am driving on the freeway I never deal with idiots that try
    to speed up to get next to me and try to goad me into playing "race car driver".
    I am left alone to cruise peacefully along without that layer of distraction.
    However, red Ferrari's are beautiful.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

DefunctNeurons, cole328 and up4speed like this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    There is no wrong answer. Buy. Drive. Repeat.

Don’t let FOMO rule your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Choice B

IloveGT and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Car B for sure. Also, as has been said before. Don't go RC with yellow çalipers. That's the Ronald McDonald car.

If you wa t the more interesting config and something that potentially holds its value better(they will both depreciate) the GS car is the better choice imo. The 458 is a model that was done to death in RC over cuoio. Might be resale red, but it is also the same-as-everybody-else configuration.

But you are the one who is buying. Both cars are dealer cars and if a PPI checks out, it is just a question of what you want. They are the same car, so there's that. If you want a RC Ferrari, go for it. If you want something a bit mkre fresh and classy, GS on Nero without a doubt. Most important thing to remember is this. You get the best value by driving it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Nonoyeahyeah likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Why buy a car based on what you think the other guy would pay for it when you know all cars depreciate anyway? Buy it for yourself.

DefunctNeurons and ScottS like this.
  7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    drooling.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  8. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I’ve never had a red Ferrari. The main reason people choose red when in doubt is resale, but you already have a red one, and you at least intend to keep it. So I’d choose car B. Especially since it already has yellow calipers.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

10. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #35 up4speed, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    If resale is higher, that means demand is higher, and higher demand means that more people like red!
    I bought my car in red because that's the color that spoke to me, I just like it, I couldn't care less about resale.
    Since I already had red, I wanted a different color, but when it came time to hand over the check, I just couldn't do it. I went red again :oops:
    Of course I'm hoping that more people pick non red colors, because that would make red more unique for me, lol

11. Nigel glen

Nigel glen Rookie

Oct 16, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel glen
    I will go against the flow and go for Rosso Corsa - personal taste but I just love the red

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You asked which one would we choose so I would choose A. For me the color goes along with the car’s personality and the 458 is a joyous supercar, such a high watermark they named it for the country which is known for super food, super fashion, super models, and of course, super cars! That’s just my choice. The big question is which one grabs your heart? Which one captures your imagination? Dont let caliper color sway you too much, they are not hard to get repainted and its really not a big deal.

Il Co-Pilota and up4speed like this.
  13. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    In Dec of 2018. had my heart set on a red spider, I was pretty open to options. Was calling around. One had just sold in Orlando from a dealership ( not FOCF).

Guy calls back me on a rainy Sunday AM a few days later. Just got in a 2013, fully optioned, one owner car with 2,500 miles on it. I drive down to see it.....

In person, the red didn’t do it for me. Gorgeous car, but couldn’t pull the trigger. Bummer. Someone on Fchat bought it.

The following week, found a white on black. All options, more $$ and owners. But the car spoke to me. Bingo, and still have it. Glad I went with Bianco Avus.

Cigarzman, oo7ml and AD211 like this.
  14. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    My vote is also for A, but why would you want the brake calipers to jump out? I think that just looks bad.

I was at Penske in AZ last week and they had two 458's out front size by side, which at the time just screamed at me how bad yellow calipers clash with the overall look of the car. Why not do yellow tires right away too? The red is night and day better.

Why would you want to see your brake calipers? That's like 10 years ago when people were doing aluminum gas cap doors (which IMO the lines of a car would look better with no gas cap at all).

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  15. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    So...have you picked one yet? Post some pics! My F430 was Grigio and I loved the color. Classy. It shows the curves well!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Late to the game , but Car B gets my vote.
    A fellow owner with whom I shared a work parking garage had that spec and it looked stunning.

I'm not a big RC fan, but that is influenced by the fact that all my Ferraris have been front engined.
    I think RC on a mid engined car looks great.
    We used simple red over black 488s on the Pilota Course, and I loved them.

That said, of course either will be fantastic.

17. oo7ml

oo7ml Karting

Dec 4, 2018
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for all of the help.

I haven’t advanced any further yet and I’m still stuck between the two. I would be more than happy with either.

If I had to pick in the morning I would choose Grigio as I already have a RC Ferrari.

Speaking of already having a Ferrari, on a side note, I had a friend in my ear today trying to convince me to get a Huracan instead of a 458 :)

I will be sticking with the 458 even though I’ve never driven a Huracan.

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    How tall are you?

19. oo7ml

oo7ml Karting

Dec 4, 2018
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Mark
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm 181 and 75 kg. A Huracan coupè is a very tight and uncomfortable fit. A Huracan Spyder is all clown car with my dome sticking out the top. Nothing looks more ridiculous than when you are too tall for a drop top car.

Does your friend own or have driven a Huracan, or is it just a suggestion based on what he thinks is cool?

21. oo7ml

oo7ml Karting

Dec 4, 2018
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    He had one before, but never had a 458.

I’ve no interest in a Huracan, however I do respect they are a great car too.

22. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Red gets old. After a year with a Red Scud it’s been Grigio 2 cars in a row. And likely won’t change. Classy and understated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    Car B. That color shows the lines really really well
    Good luck and let us know what you get....post pics

24. Richard Browne

Richard Browne Karting

Sep 26, 2020
    Wiltshire
    Full Name:
    Richard Browne
    Car 'A' for me.....I have just recently bought a fully loaded 2015 Rosso Corsa Spider with Nero interior.....Collection vid is here...

25. Boy roy

Boy roy Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Car 'A' has just recently been sold.