360 - Aftermarket seats to gain more interior room for taller driver. | FerrariChat

360 Aftermarket seats to gain more interior room for taller driver.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dryfly, Jan 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dryfly

Dryfly Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2012
    Seattle area
    Aftermarket seats to gain more interior room for taller driver.
    Has anyone considered using the Sparco SPX sheets to replace stock Daytona seats in a 360? I have a 2002 spider and @ 6’2”and 210 pounds I’m a little tighter than I would like to be. The SPX seat is flat gorgeous and full carbon fiber. A bit expensive at $3100 each but that pales in comparison to factory carbon sport seats. The Sparco seats are reclinable Image Unavailable, Please Login as well. Has anyone seriously considered this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MauriM

MauriM Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike
    All I can add is that you got a stunning garage! Beautiful in any way

3. Dryfly

Dryfly Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2012
    Seattle area
  4. EhellGuapo

EhellGuapo Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    You’re reading my mind. I’m so close to pulling the trigger on these but I’m scared that they won’t drop me enough. I’m 6’2” as well and can’t help but think that my line of eyesight is way too high in the stock Daytonas.
    I just got a quote from a place in SOCal for $5800 for labor and materials to redo these in a Daytona pattern using Ferrari leather. Add in shipping and cost of the seats and it’s a little/lot steep and is tough to justify for a non OEM solution.
    I just need to know how many inches of drop I can expect(relative to the Daytonas and the OEM carbon sport seats)and who can reupholster them like this for around 1k/seat and I’ll get them(or another better alternative)today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgi and NMNMNMN like this.
  5. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    For what it's worth I'm 6'2 and have never had any issues fitting with the carbon sport seats.

EhellGuapo likes this.
  6. EhellGuapo

EhellGuapo Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    The sport seats are pretty much unattainable now so the SPX would be a great option if it sits as low as your stock carbons. Does anybody out there have first hand knowledge on this?

7. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I am 6’3” 240 and long torso big shoulders. Was going to go Tillet. Anyone that can define the drop with the SPX would be amazing. I also want mine to mimics the factory Daytona’s.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

EhellGuapo likes this.
  8. drmc

drmc Rookie

Dec 12, 2013
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I’m 6’5 and bolted a Sparco rev 2 to the floor of my 430 and gained 5.5cm of head room. The base of the seat is touching the floor and the seat is about as thin as you’ll ever find so 5.5cm is the max headroom you can gain - unless you want to sit on the floor!

Highly recommend switching the seat out if you’re tall - totally transformed the car for me.

350MH83, NMNMNMN and EhellGuapo like this.
  9. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I doubt the Sparcos will sit as low as you want.

As, the seats have quite a lot of padding in them, and, they're bottom mounte,d and you still need to mount a rail, and slider to it. I had Sportster CSs in mine, and they sat way too high. And i'm only 5'8.

458 Race seats will sit low, because everything is integrated in them. Sliders, Brackets, Rails, etc. All built into 1, and they are technically side mounted too I believe.

If you find a fixed bucket, and run side mounts, then any of them will work. Sparco, RECARO, BRIDE,e tc.

EhellGuapo likes this.
  10. Dryfly

Dryfly Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2012
    Seattle area
    Thanks for the comments! I am anxiously waiting on Sparco. I have sent them detailed measurements and have my fingers crossed that this will be an acceptable solution and will post as soon as I know a little more. Since these seats are a "New" model, I may be the beta tester. The brackets will be made by a company called "Planted" (425 Motorsports), they are also the vendor that is sourcing the seats so I am hopeful that between them and Sparco they will get me sitting right. Stay Tuned!

EhellGuapo likes this.
  11. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
  12. ecarca

ecarca Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Emmanuel
    I checked different options but not size related, as I fit. More to find a lightweight option to factory seats and updated interior. All these model would make sense:

Sparco SPX
    Recaro Sportster CS or pole position ABE
    Cobra Nogaro or Misano S or Misano Lux
    Corbeau Evolution X

It depends a lot on your budget and if you want to reupholster them or not. The Evolution X reupholstered would be a close match to stock sport seats.

Personally, I prefer the SPX.

Then as mentioned you need to make sure they will be sitting as low as you want in the car.

dgi likes this.
  13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
  14. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I ran the Planted Brackets in my car with the RECARO Sportster CS, I found that they were too tall. Maybe they've revised them, because I spoke wwith them, to tell them about them being too tall, and they said they would try and revise them, but not sure.

Just make sure you get some side mounted seats, and not bottom mounted.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    how about Sabelt? ....keep it italian!
    Dryfly, you're welcome to tryout my setup if you like.

16. Jonnyringo

Jonnyringo Rookie

Apr 17, 2014
    The sparco SPX’s pictured above that were rewrapped to match the Daytona style were my old seats. To put it simply, if you use sliders so you can adjust, the seats will be way higher than Daytona’s when installed. Without sliders they will be about as tall to a little taller than Daytona’s. I had them installed with sliders and when having the seat back at a straight up positioning, the top of the seat would actually touch the headliner.

I put Bride seats in mine with Bride seat rail/sliders and they sit pretty much on the floor, I know this option won’t be the popular choice for many. I’ve tried oem, sparco SPX in my car before the brides and sat in a scud and Bride are the absolute lowest seating position I’ve been able to find.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  17. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Wow!!

They look gorgeous.

I say it’s worth it. But it’s not my money.

18. Dryfly

Dryfly Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2012
    Seattle area
    MR Flea, what is your setup, interested in any and all solutions, I live in Issaquah, work in Bellevue. If you can PM me contact info, I will follow up!

19. EhellGuapo

EhellGuapo Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    This comment just saved me 8k and a bunch of wasted time, thank you!

dgi and NMNMNMN like this.
  20. EhellGuapo

EhellGuapo Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    You’re a goldmine of knowledge/experience on this specific topic. If you don’t mind, could you tell me your height, 430 or 360, model of Bride seat, and who recovered your SPXs and at what cost?

Also, do you think it’s possible to sit too low?

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Bride seats are not looking also.

22. Jonnyringo

Jonnyringo Rookie

Apr 17, 2014

I’m 5’10” but heavy set so I sit higher than your typical person who is 5’10”.

it’s a 430 model

As far as what model Bride seat, I went with the Euroster2 first which sat really well but the suede color didn’t look right so I now have The Bride Vorga. The Bride Stradia 2 or 3’s would also fit nicely and You can also go with some bride/Recaro buckets if you don’t need the reclining.

It was a shop in California that rewrapped the sparco seats.

here’s a few pictures of the different bride seats in the car and a picture of the rails/sliders and how low they sit. -P.S. don’t mind the tan leather, that’s getting redone to Black Alcantara soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mangskoginger, DARIES and EhellGuapo like this.
  23. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Who rewrapped them and how much? I plan to buy Sparco chrono

24. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

howdy! I met up with dryly at 425 Motorsports for some measurements off my 430 seats, can I ask are you local to Seattle and what is your set up? I would love to know more. Thanks!

25. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

you just saved us all a LOT of headaches!
    Thanks for your post!

what model Bride seats did you get and what mounts are you using please?

right on!