488 - What’s everyone’s opinion on the vorsteiner carbon kit? | FerrariChat

488 What’s everyone’s opinion on the vorsteiner carbon kit?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 4583414, Feb 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4583414

4583414 Karting

Jan 25, 2020
    Illinois
  2. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I like the diffuser. Hate the spolier. The side skirts are too big, looks like it should retract after you step into the car.

AD211 likes this.
  3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I find the 488 lends itself well to quality aftermarket parts. Some of these look good to me, and I'm considering a spoiler on the Pista. Not a huge fan of the side skirts and front lip, but the backside is cool.

4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    a little overdone but not that bad. the color combo looks great

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The most appealing thing on this 488 GTB is for American cars and hiding those hideous reflectors on the bumpers.

At least they are less obvious on the Pista and F8

mdrums likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I like it.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  8. JamesAllen

JamesAllen Rookie

Feb 27, 2017
    Frederick, MD
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love it.

4583414 likes this.
  9. JJiiSS

JJiiSS Rookie

Aug 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Justin
    One of the better looking kits no doubt

10. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    These aftermarket kits look like something the kids down my street do to their Honda's and Hyundai's ..... the add on parts stick out/ stand out and do not flow with Ferrari body work. These kits make the car look so cheap. None of the Ferrari 488 race cars have this mess on them.

12. 4583414

4583414 Karting

Jan 25, 2020
    Illinois
    I ended up ordering the Pista carbon side skirts and carbon rear diffuser. After much thinking the vorsteiner just wasn’t for me

mdrums and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Must say I agree with the above. They look like add-ons and not something that belongs on the car. To my eyes it does not look right at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Actualizer and mdrums like this.
  14. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

#15 Actualizer, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    You’re quite right !. I have been a strictly OEM man all my life . I just felt that the 488 needed that slightly less of an effeminate feel I felt. So stepped into this venture knowing it was risky. You’re absolutely spot on . It was a nightmare. It was as if the kit was made for some other 488 from nowhereland, I’ve spent days looking fir mechanics and top shops to mound, pressure press, straighten and align all body kit parts to fit in a homogenous way , no instruction manual by the way. Tyre size sent was wrong so the front tire scraped on my lower B PILLAR mud flap area with constant threat rub, I even sent a video of the defect to Vorsteiner . On their advise I bought $1200 of new tyres. 16 out if 20 bolt and screw holes were not aligned to the 488 underbody holes so it was not a bolt on exercise. The right lip skirt was not as low as the left skirt which was not aligned either, I have pics of all labor done to show how much correction had to be done. This , despite the fact that I had the OEM Cf body kit installed . Now that it’s near completion, I will have a look and if I don’t like it than I won’t bring it home...I’ll just put my OEM kit and wheels back. So lesson learned . Don’t look at aftermarket kits. Best to go for small parts like side mirror cars , exhausts etc. I was going to go for NOVITEC EXHAUST but with this experience ...might defer. Also, they don’t tell you that it would be inevitable that we buy the the Novitec springs as the distance between the wheel nad the arch is comically high . That’s another $3000 to $5000 incl fitment . You don’t get told that such a spring set is essential fir car aesthetics to not look ugly . So my total bill is AUD$45000 so far and adding up,

mdrums and NYC Fred like this.