612 Sessanta luggage set on eBay | FerrariChat

612 Sessanta luggage set on eBay

Discussion in '612/599' started by ThunderRolls, Jan 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That has to be rarer than hen's teeth.

mathewr likes this.
  3. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Agreed, though I always think such things are too nice to use, which is rather a shame.

Camp Freddie likes this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Robin- Affirmative, for me just something else to store, so have never picked up a set.

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I bought my set in September 2019 from a FChatter who never used it. A month later it was in my trunk on the way from Boston to Scottsdale for the FCA Annual Experience.

Schedoni luggage is not unlike a Ferrari, they are both meant to be used. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19633500GT, Mamich, 599_GTO and 5 others like this.
  6. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    It's easier to buy all new clothes upon arriving at each destination. Travel with just what you have on.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Obviously you don't know my wife. Why don't I just buy another Ferrari while I'm there! :D

Your post reminds me of an old American Express commercial where the couple is returning from vacation and they're at the airport gate. The wife says we could stay a few more days, but our luggage is checked. Whereupon the husband pulls out his AMEX card and they both smile. That's my wife's dream.

Edit: Come to think of it that is a very old commercial. Today if your luggage is on the plane and you are not, that luggage is being taken off.

8. FerrFan101

FerrFan101 Rookie

Nov 28, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Doug Alekson
    Honestly, I'd be embarrassed to show up to the airport with Ferrari luggage. Way too OTT IMO.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Are you kidding? I'd check myself into the cargo hold before I'd ever check that luggage on a plane! :D

Besides, the only place that luggage goes is in the trunk of my 612.

10. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    For those in the know (or own) do all 6 pieces fit in the trunk together? They don't look "fitted" ala like a '55 300SL gullwing or 300Sc but I'd assume given the different sizes they probably do...

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, all six pieces fit in the trunk. They are fitted and there is a specific arrangement. However, if the garment bag has too many items in it, the bag will not fit.

When we went to Scottsdale my wife had two dresses and another top, and I had a sport coat and slacks in the garment bag. It was too thick and the trunk would not close, at least not without crushing the clothes. We had to put it in the back seat. If you just have a single suit and dress shirt in the bag it will fit fine.

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  13. LDP Tifoso

LDP Tifoso Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2020
    Chicago - No.Suburbs, ex-Pullman
    Full Name:
    Larry P
    New (officially) here and studying 456, 575, and esp 612's (Auto's and F1's due to pricing, generally).
    So, just unless I've missed connections somewhere obvious to you experts - The gorgeous Black/Diamond White Schedoni luggage mentioned here matches perfectly a 612 OTO listed for sale under the "Cars" tab. ... Now wouldn't that all be pretty 'bellissima'!

14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I say you go for the whole enchilada! :D

cgt000 and ThunderRolls like this.
  15. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Perfect timing to buy both. Unbelievable match.

16. Bastiaanrl

Bastiaanrl Rookie

May 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    This set belongs to me actually.
    In my opinion possibly one of the most beautiful luggage sets made by Schedoni. The details and design is really gorgeous. If this set could be matched with a matching car that would be amazing. However there are not so many produced and from all these even less with the black colored interior. Let’s see ;-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Do you know where the other 3 pieces are?

18. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    Nice! Thank you for posting!

19. Bastiaanrl

Bastiaanrl Rookie

May 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Unfortunately not. The person I got this from only had these 3 suitcases with the Sessanta he owned and told me these were the only ones he bought with the car.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

20. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    I have seen a Monroney (window sticker) for a Sessanta. A "Matching Luggage Set" is listed as "Included in the Suggested Retail Price" of $399,550. It appears that luggage was not something that had to be purchased separately at an additional cost.

cgt000, Bastiaanrl and Nospinzone like this.
  21. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I find it disgusting when people sell cars and keep the luggage. I bought a Carrera GT and the seller shipped me the luggage by FED EX. He didn't trust the trucker. I bought another Carrera GT but the luggage was missin . I bought a 550 Barchetta with missing luggage as well. If you sell a car for $100k plus, don't hold the luggage.

22. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Fully agree; same goes with the tool-kit and other accessories.

"Spider Scott" on here talks on his YouTube channel about how his 512 BB had various pieces like the tool roll stolen from it whilst it was in a storage facility. Apparently the facility will review their CCTV to try to find the culprit, but I don't think that anyone really believes they will come up with the goods.

23. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I remember a few years ago someone posted for sale what I recall was the car cover and tender from his Ferrari which he had just sold. He caught a lot flack on here for such a low class move.