CS/Speciale/Pista Convergence | Page 4 | FerrariChat

CS/Speciale/Pista Convergence

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ttforcefed, Feb 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dont know the pista market but same thing with scuds and cgt

2. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I agree 100%, its raw but once you know when to shift, when to add throttle, when not to, it drives raw and smooth, it needs attention like driving a manual, you can get the same gratification.

Skippr1999 and FORZA 62 like this.
  3. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Close, but the car was an expensive example as it had only a few owners and only 9K original miles, classiche certified, the car is always happy to share.

4. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I believe in a five or so years, baring some insane change in the economy, the CS will eclipse the Scud, Speciale, and Pista in price. Of the three the CS stands out to me as a more visceral drive and the performance will continue to mean less and less as modern cars become more powerful. I own a CS, 16m and I’ve driven the other two several times. I actually planned to get a Speciale but was talked out of it since I’ve got a 458 challenge and the thought was the Speciale would never feel that connected after driving the track car. The one car I look at in the garage or pick when I need to completely experience the shifts, noise, road feel, etc continues to be the Stradale though.

I also think prices will cross soon though as a function of the age group that would have been most interested when the CS came out is now older and perhaps wealthier so they’re in a position to buy one and not sell it. That should reduce the overall availability which will drive prices up... particularly as demand continues to increase. Doesn’t matter to me as my kids will end up selling my cars so it doesn’t matter to me what they’re “worth”.

Skippr1999 and dustman like this.
  5. vroom

vroom Karting

Sep 9, 2007
    Pasadena
    Possibly similar to a Porsche 73 RS and subsequent models?

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's probably the direction of history but my guess is that it could take more time.
    The older car ends up with more value but sometimes it takes decades - looking at 12-cylinder cars, the iconic testarossa currently sells for less than 599 and about the same price as 550... the more recent cars are better cars, but one could have assumed it does not matter anymore, and it's apparently not (yet) the case.
    Currently the CS and Scud are close in price (the CS being already typically higher than the Scud) but then there is a big gap to the Speciale and then another big one to the Pista (in spite of all the anti-turbo claims), it will be interesting to see how both these gaps will narrow in the future (as I believe they will).

Skippr1999 likes this.