New 348 vodeo | FerrariChat

New 348 vodeo

Discussion in '348/355' started by Jackie and bill, Dec 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Enjoy, or maybe not

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Enjoyed! Jay Emm annoys me a little, and if anyone would talk bad about a 348, it'd be him...

sjd

ATLdoghouse likes this.
  3. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Looks like the car has 355 seats, no?

4. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    I think he mentioned the owner of the car needed the extra width of the F355 seats. Personally, I really like the fit of the bolsters on the 348 seats.

albert328gts likes this.
  5. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    Yes it has the 355 seats, I was going to get some for my 348, but last time I went for a drive I was thinking more about the 348 seats, and I think they are actually perfect for my build....
    If you're built like JayEmm is, then 348 seats are just not going to work, I'm 5'11" and slim, they are a good fit for me, I see no reason to go to the 355 seats.
    I was driving my friends 355 recently and I agree that the 355 seats might be a little more comfy, but there really isn't much difference for me, but for some people there is, in which case its a sensible upgrade.

I like the colour of that 348, Nero? is it? Looks really good...also has a decent exhaust on it too which made it sound nice.

6. Tony Moore

Tony Moore Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Tony Moore
    Welcome to my car!
    I went with the 355 seats on advice of my Ferrari Garage. They do a lot of social runs into Europe, and I was told the 348 seats are not that comfy on long runs, and I had the option on a pair of NOS at the right price. I've still kept the originals and to be fair, it wouldn't be a disaster if I hadn't fitted them.

JayEmm himself was a pretty fair guy, and I expected him to come down a lot harder on the car, given his preconceptions and love of 355's but he seemed to like it as much as I do :)

Jackie and bill and steved033 like this.
  7. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I put 355 B seats in my 348 too, probably one of the best upgrades I’ve done according to my back.

Tony Moore likes this.
  8. Tony Moore

Tony Moore Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Tony Moore
    Ive done a couple of longer runs, one with the originals and one with the 355 seats, and they are definitely better on the sciatic nerve!

9. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    welcome to the 348/355 section mate :)
    Some of us still have manners :rolleyes:
    Lovely car , he gave a good account of your car :)

Tony Moore likes this.
  10. Tony Moore

Tony Moore Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Tony Moore
    Thanks!

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Decent video, but noy really detailed

12. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    Its a good brief overview though, which is what I liked about it.
    Sometimes too much detail can get a bit boring in my opinion.

AceMaster likes this.
  13. Tony Moore

Tony Moore Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Tony Moore
    Lots of the you tubers stick to a formula on time, somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes. James (Jayemm) is the same, and in this case, he pre-filmed the Ferrari series in September/October to get it ready for release Xmas week. This is when the ad revenue is at its highest (and I think its also higher on Sunday and more likely to get quick views).

He had the car only for about 30 mins or so, and then I went out to do the B-roll footage that goes with it. Overall I think its pretty fair given his pre-conceptions. Luckily my car is pretty well sorted, and I had it serviced before he collected it just to make sure. Last thingI wanted was him to take the car out and slate it because something wasn't working properly. That would no doubt undo a lot of the work owners have done to allay concerns of ownership!

AceMaster, KevZep and MAD828 like this.