How much will dealers negotiate on a used 458? | FerrariChat

How much will dealers negotiate on a used 458?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dragster, Feb 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey everyone! I've been thinking about picking up a 458 coupe, and as everyone has probably seen, prices seem to vary wildly from about 150-200K. My initial thinking has been to look at a CPO car as it seems to be a good way to make sure that the car is in good shape. My question is this: how much wiggle room do dealerships tend to leave on used cars in this price range? Would that amount differ for a CPO car? From watching the classifieds, it seems that 10% is not out of the question, but I didn't know if that holds true for a 200K car as it would for a 150K car. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If at a F dealer, so many are consigned implying dealer doesnt need to offer much off if any. Market is in a hot bubble, so be patient.

3. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Over here at official dealers nothing.

4. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I would just ask! If the dealership/seller is so offended to never take your money again, then you don't want to be their client anyways.

5. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    I'm now considering selling my 15' 458 Italia.. Will go to dealer where I bought it 2.5 years ago, for consignment in a week or 2. Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale. They are great guys.

6. Wangotango123

Wangotango123 Karting

Aug 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rafael olarte
    My recent experience was VERY LITTLE

7. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Most dealers won't drop the price down very much. If you find a consignment car, usually you can get the sales people to at least take the offer to the owner and see what happens. But when the car is owned by the dealership themselves, usually they hold the line pretty firmly. If you can move the price down $10K on a 458 these days, you are probably doing pretty darn well.

Ray

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Here’s what you will hear
    “I am not authorized to approve a price reduction right now.”

Even the 458 consignment cars are not reduced in this market under the dealer advice as their is limited inventory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Right now the 458 is an in demand car.
    Not that many of them out there and they sell pretty quickly at or near asking price.
    Based on my experience from last summer, maybe $10000 off at the most.
    Mine was a consignment car they were asking $208k for. I got it for $200k including the two year extended Ferrari warranty.
    Not sure what the warranty costs them but probably no more than $3000-$4000.

10. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Part of the pricing is a matter of supply amd demand. I've heard that people are starting to hold onto the 58's. I'm not suggesting that they will be going up in value. But I think people are seeing "value " in this Ferrari. The beautiful and classic Pininfarina design, the largest NA V8 engine, the still competitive performance envelope, and, as former chairman LDM used to say, the unmistakable Ferrari engine music

The 58 In my case was reliable enough to drive everyday for the better part of 7 years and 133,000 miles. I think it a very usable Ferrari and probably any one you buy will have a long future in your capable hands.

11. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Fourwheel Trader Has a good video from May of 2020 on regarding the depreciation on 458s.

I used this to give me a starting point on where to start my negotiations.

Desirable specs command higher prices with less wiggle room as would be expected.

I agree with much of the respondents above. I got a CPO car for 5% below asking and did add the 2 year new power coverage.

Good luck! The hunt can be a very enjoyable part of the adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    There are threads about “resale red.” The fact is, it is easier for owners to sell their cars if they are red. Many, especially first time, buyers want a red one. But one of the things I dislike about Ferraris is that they are flashy. I like the beauty but not the flash, as my primary interest is in the driving experience.

So I’ve never owned a red one. But because many believe in resale red, there are more on the market at any given time. More can mean some softness in price. But for other colors, their rarity works against lowered prices. If you want to try to bargain down the price, go for a red car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

13. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    When I tried to negotiate for my car I got an "absolutely not". This was not at a Ferrari dealer, FWIW.

14. Nesch18

Nesch18 Rookie

Nov 16, 2020
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    My CPO 458 Spider with 4700 miles was advertised for $229,900 and I got it for 220k. And I also got a 2 year new power warranty for $4500. If I am not mistaken, the new power warranty is usually 4500 for one year and not for two.

15. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i would say anywhere from $5k to $10k off ask and you're doing great