F8 - Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Level7, Jan 21, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Deposit Dec 2019. Order accepted ~ April 2020. Received Jan 25 th. Mine was a spider so maybe that’s why it was held up so long.

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Ordered mine Nov 2019 delivered Oct 2020.

3. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Buddy - You're going to love it. I had a 992 Turbo S coupe for about 6-weeks before I sold it back to the dealer. The car is amazing. I only got rid of it to make room for my F8 (and because the dealer offered me a great price).

buddyg and GT2goneF like this.
  4. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ordered mine in mid-August. It should be arriving in the US at anytime. Currently at the 6-month mark.

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Ferrari doesn't give a hoot to the paint process and treatment, ride height, etc. You think they will care about live updates about the car status? It is part of the Experience. It is like the Madalorian Code. "This is the way".

Tech Nerd, Chizz and RoadRonin like this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I think with the margin of error, my predicted wait time was correct. LOL a year is 12 months, I claim a month back and forth.

7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Suspect Kirk is right, the spider is the hitch. I understand the wait is much longer in those over the coupe, partly because the delayed production of the spider and partly because of the limited/select allocation process and backup of those orders.

YMMV

8. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Also because a lot of coupe orders flicked over to spider, as a tactic to defer/delay their build as covid broke. This happened a lot and is why some people that were ready to move, literally specced a car, which went straight in to the very next order call from the factory.

9. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    The FNA CEO going to prison for kickbacks on the allocation process for new Ferrari’s and recent dramatic new changes by FNA to prevent this in the future probably has more to do with the new found ease of accessibility than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2003-GA likes this.
  10. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    As bad as the Ferrari allocation process is, it’s nothing even close to as bad as dealing with Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisDiRe likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Interesting. Please do tell, for those not familiar with it.

12. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    For certain models (Patek 5711) there is a 5-10 year wait list. However based on your prior buying history you can get one right away. For other pieces (Patek 6301) it is by “application only”. You have to apply for the watch, Thierry Stern will review your application and determine if you are entitled enough to spend roughly 2.5 million. F.P. Journe is now starting to vet all perspective buyers and will determine who gets to buy any allocations when one becomes available. Journe only produces about 1000 a year and the entire year is per-sold.

GT2goneF and jm2 like this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Things in the US is changing. It has nothing to do with a "soft" global economy. Despite Covid here in Europe the exotic car market is doing very well. It is simply a sign of the FNA system catching up with the rest. The games wS always an issue and benefited nobody in the long run.
    Some may find that it makes their car seem less exclusive, but in other places this has never been the case. Here in Europe you could order a 458 if you wanted to. Not because the market was soft, but because you did not have dealers forcing you to buy some horridly specced Cali.
    Ferrari production won't change just because new buyers aren't getting shafted, so I can't see how it can be a chink in anything. The games was never a part of the overall plan and never approved by Maranello. It was all FNA.
    The fact that FNA is being forced to treat clients better should be considered a good thing.
    As for getting a new car in 6 months? That depends on which dealer you visit. If they have an open allocation you can, and if they don't you can't. This does not change the fact that there might be a waiting list, it just means that you won't have to be bent over to get on it.

My dealer has always been more than happy to give new buyers allocations, but that's not the same as they have instant build slots available. Even with my history, if I config tomorrow, I'd say there's about 8 months before I see a car. Not because they hold my build back, but rather just because there are others in front of me.

Be glad the US dealer culture is changing, because it needed to change.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Senna1994 and GT2goneF like this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You might be upset that this has changed, but blame FNA for treating you that way back then, not new buyers for getting cars. It was a US thing, not a Global thing. It went on in the US in part because US buyers allowed it to happen. Back in the mid 90's a few Euro dealers tried pulling the same stunts, but rather than having new clients that bent over backwards to please the dealers and dance by their tune, they asked the dealer to go screw themselves and left. A few dealers had to close because of this, and this culture never took hold.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LVP488 and GT2goneF like this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I see. So they control their market and prices by not only limiting the number of items but also making it extremely difficult to get their limited products and in addition making it more desirable. Just brilliant. They worked hard to get where they are and now they are in control. The only way to take them down is by not buying their product. I bet you if they see a drop in "applications", they will panic and open their little market legs.

The consumer always has the power, but power comes, like everything else comes in numbers. The same thing occurs with everything else. We (Royal we) complain of athletes, artists/entertainers (and now "influencers, who would have thought this is a "job") making millions of dollars while you have other professions that are vital, important and relevant that are not well compensated, but once the football, tennis, GPA, Baseball, basketball, etc season starts it all goes out the window. This is all just a well played game run as a business. I applaud for those who don't only make it but sustain, especially for a long time. Those are the true geniuses in this ever changing life of ours.

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It is indeed changing in the US. I agree with you. In the US COVID did not affect Ferrari sales. Ferrari sales are booming in my dealership, which is relatively new (2-3 years).

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Like I said, power in numbers. We allow the non sense to happen.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  18. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    As an update to my January 21 post, my F8 Coupe has now be officially locked in - according to the dealer no more changes. I checked the Ferrari website and now see the various options that I chose listed. I have a May 2021 build date and an end of June beginning of July 2021 delivery. This has not changed since the time I walked into the dealer in December 2020 and placed the order. While the details of the process have been vague, in terms of the big picture/delivery date, nothing has changed from what the dealer told me. I have compared notes with a few other F8 buyers and the trend seems to be 6 - 7 months for a Coupe and 12 - 18 months for a Spider.

I do a lot of international work and I specifically know that overseas shipments are entirely screwed up with COVID, port backups, etc. So, if there is a significant delay, most likely it will be due to the ocean transport as opposed to a production delay.

More to follow.

Chizz, GT2goneF and Divexxtreme like this.
  19. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I would say a May build will not be a July delivery.

20. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    Just to add to the allocation process...
    Corsa Clienti is top billing, those Ferrari customers get whatever they want for the most part because they pay “a lot” to be part of the FXX track programs and own those exclusive cars. The headquarters only really vets the “Limited” LaFerrari type car allocations themselves from my understanding. All other allocations, including the “Special” cars decisions primarily fall back on the dealer network to decide. You cannot argue with a business decision of a dealer that will allocate on a “first right of refusal” to the clients who buy more or all cars from them - unfortunately for those who only want selective models you get left out as those top clients are likely going to choose to purchase those more “Special” cars.

With the F8 chassis of coupes/spiders already built to the end of the production run for VIN registrations they know how many remaining they have and how many more orders they can take and are probably forecasting at the current pace of deposits placed, we will likely close the ordering book for the F8 on “x” date. For various reasons, primarily leave it as a customer backs out of an order ex.) financial situation changes, divorce, etc. etc., car allocations become available at different times for different dealers. Ferrari’s regular production cars carry ~15% margin invoice to MSRP - no way a dealer is giving up an allotted new car coming to them to another dealer, they will find a buyer because the profit margin is too attractive. Ferrari is probably one of the few if only car manufacturer and dealer network where dealer exchanges (DX) of cars does not exist.

Divexxtreme likes this.
  21. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ferrari will never get to this level, which sucks

22. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I was disillusioned at the way FNA handled the Pista allocations. Generating a feeling to many prospective buyers that the car was going to be a limited edition (number wise). The car was over produced in my opinion, I was a beneficiary of the situation in that I found one in lieu of the F8 allocation I was to receive. Post pandemic, I believe anyone will be able to walk in and get an allocation if they try hard. With the advent of the Mac765lt and Lamborghini STO etc. it’s not a crowed field anymore.

GT2goneF likes this.
  23. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Yikes my F8 Spider deposit was made in August 2020 and was told about 3 weeks ago that they had an allocation for me and could expect the car to get here by June or July 2021.
    Base on this forum chat I guess that's pretty good.

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    To a certain degree this is how Ferrari works. In low sales times they can be more accommodating. Most of the time they seem indifferent. The wait will be worth it...

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Our dealer only has 4 allocations left and was told the doors will be closing soon. So order one if you want one asap.

Interesting thing though. Our dealer specced up 3 F8's for themselves to sell. Well they created their own Limited edition by putting virtually every extra on each car even the carbon wheels.

FYI stock standard F8 $530,000 these couples 2 around $770,000 and the spider $820,000 !!!! Smart basically what Ferrari should have done. Want the last V8 you pay.