C8 CORVETTE | Page 49 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I’m “#1” at a local dealer. No deposit, don’t know how this will play out. I offered to give a deposit, they said not necessary (got my C8 from them in April, so maybe it will work out fine?).

Boomhauer, k wright and TheMayor like this.
  2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ll be #1 at my dealer to get a Z06. But I won’t be anticipating it for quite sometime

3. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    ZO6? Im first on my dealers list for the ZR1.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    played with configurator and a very nice spec convertible came to $90k. comparable boxster gts came to $110k. both very nice cars but i would take vette at even money over boxster. and soft top porsche wont qualify for hpde at many tracks while hard top vette will.

k wright likes this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Not sure, but the press release would say.
    The 2020 Corvette Stingray Pace Car is Torch Red and features the high Wing Spoiler and ground effects package. The Z51 Coupe will also wear the 104th Indy 500 livery on the doors. The new 2020 Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and has a top speed of 194 mph, so it should have no trouble in setting the pace for the IndyCar racers.

2020 CORVETTE STINGRAY TO LEAD FIELD TO GREEN FLAG OF 104TH INDIANAPOLIS 500

August 12, 2020 | By Indianapolis Motor Speedway

A Torch Red 2020 Corvette Stingray coupe will serve as the Official Pace Car for the 104th Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge, continuing Chevrolet’s tradition of leading the field to the green flag. The Pace Car will be driven by GM President Mark Reuss.

This year, the race will be held outside of May for the first time – Sunday, Aug. 23 – with live NBC coverage at 2:30 p.m. (ET). This marks the 17th time a Corvette has served as the Pace Car, starting in 1978, and the 31st time a Chevrolet has led the field dating to 1948 when a Fleetmaster Six convertible held the honor.

No other brand or vehicle has served as the “500” Pace Car more often than Chevrolet and the Corvette, respectively.

“It’s truly an honor to have the opportunity to be behind the wheel of the mid-engine Corvette Pace Car at such a historic race as the Indy 500,” said GM President Mark Reuss. “The 2020 Corvette Stingray is the result of a close collaboration between the Corvette Racing and production engineering teams, setting a new benchmark for supercars around the world.”

The Torch Red 2020 Corvette Stingray Pace Car features:

• All-new mid-engine LT2 6.2L V8 engine
    • 8-Speed Dual Clutch transmission
    • Z51 performance package
    • Corvette accessory spoiler and ground effects package
    • Carbon Flash exterior accents and badge package
    • GT2 Bucket Seats
    • Unique Indy 500 Livery
    With 495 horsepower, the Torch Red Corvette Stingray can accelerate from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, capable of 194 mph. It has been named MotorTrend Car of the Year for 2020.

“This is a continuation of our outstanding partnership with Chevrolet,” Indianapolis Motor Speedway President J. Douglas Boles said. “We’re so grateful for all that Chevrolet has contributed to the success of our events. The Torch Red 2020 Corvette Stingray is a world-class machine rich with speed, performance and excitement, perfectly suited to pace the ‘500’ field.”

Chevrolet has a storied history at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Chevrolet was founded in 1911, the year of the inaugural 500-mile race, and company co-founder Louis Chevrolet, along with brothers Arthur and Gaston, competed in early Indy 500s. Arthur competed in the 1911 race and Gaston won in 1920.

Nine drivers with Chevrolet engines have combined to win “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” 11 times, with Rick Mears, Emerson Fittipaldi, Arie Luyendyk, Al Unser Jr., Helio Castroneves, Tony Kanaan, Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power and most recently Simon Pagenaud driving to Victory Lane with bowtie power.

Pagenaud won the 2019 Indianapolis 500 from the pole driving the No. 22 Menards Team Penske Chevrolet. In 2018, Ed Carpenter won the pole and Power the race in Chevrolet-powered machines.

Josef Newgarden won last year’s NTT INDYCAR SERIES championship driving the No. 2 Hitachi Team Penske Chevrolet. Pagenaud finished second in the standings.

Visit IMS.com for more information about this year’s schedule.

The race will be televised live on NBC for the second consecutive year, with the pre-race show starting at 1 p.m. The Pennzoil INDYCAR Radio Network will provide live coverage of the race to its affiliates and on Sirius 211, XM 205, indycar.com and the INDYCAR Mobile App powered by NTT DATA.

About Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the world's largest spectator sporting facility, has been the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment since opening in 1909. IMS is hosting the 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge on Sunday, Aug. 23, the world's most prestigious auto race. The Speedway also made history during the Fourth of July weekend, hosting the stars of the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NTT INDYCAR SERIES on the same weekend for the first time during the Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 at Powered by Big Machine Records, Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard and GMR Grand Prix. IMS also will welcome the competitors of MotoAmerica and the Intercontinental GT Challenge Powered by Pirelli/GT Challenge World Challenge America during major event weekends in 2020. IMS, the NTT INDYCAR SERIES and IMS Productions are owned by Penske Corporation, a global transportation, automotive and motorsports leader. For more information, please visit ims.com.

About Chevrolet

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 100 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

8. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    what specifically is the ground effects package? price?
    any better pix of package?
    tia

9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    95spiderman likes this.
  10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    cant wait for the z06 wing. i hope its swan neck but think its going to be a real looker regardless

11. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
  12. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    k wright likes this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    anunakki, k wright, jm2 and 3 others like this.
  14. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Rounding 4 th month of ownership and 4k as my daily driver in the NY metro area and this 2020 c8 z51 fe4 1LT is a fabulous sports car.

15. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    Man you guys are killing me. I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on one.

TheMayor and k wright like this.
  16. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Chevrolet does not build their Indy car motor. They pay for their name on the valve covers. Honda actually builds the Honda indy.

17. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Mine is in the Mira Loma, Cali., train yard waiting for transport to dealer in Tulare, Ca......car was on a train near Newberry Springs, Ca. Before 2/3/21....waiting to get to Mira Loma. Nor a misprinted date, some cars have taken over a month to go less than 50 miles from train yards to auto transport, to arrive at the dealer, ridiculous GM !

Targeting pick up in a week, next Monday, and taking 4-5 days to get home via coastal route to Riverside, get those break in miles done and then off to my PPF guy to get front done. Going to look funny with track wrap on it on the way home but want it ready for PPF.
    2LT , Torch red, GT2 seats,black microfiber interior, Z51, lift, mag ride, torch calipers.

thecarreaper and TheMayor like this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  19. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    jm2 likes this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think a good chunk of the 2021 allocations are already given away. People looking to order now will in most cases be pushed to MY 2022

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Melons and jm2 like this.
  23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    My sentiments as well.

TheMayor likes this.
  24. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I can't stop looking at where the front hip and rear hip come almost together at the top of the door/center. Other than that, I don't hate it. Different? yes. Better? maybe not. Fail? nah. IMO :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

crinoid likes this.