How important is 812 front lift option? | FerrariChat

How important is 812 front lift option?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Dane100, Feb 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dane100

Dane100 Rookie

May 21, 2018
    Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and considering buying an 812 Superfast soon. How important is the front lift on these cars as most cars I find don't have the lift option. I found an almost perfect car with all interior and exterior carbon options plus the passenger display but doesn't have the lift . I am coming for the Lambo side and always had a lift and won't buy a car without it.
    What are some of the other must have options? I will appreciate any feedback you guys can provide. Thanks

2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    By asking how important it is, and then saying you won’t buy a car without it, haven’t you already answered your own question?

vraa likes this.
  3. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Where are you located? Could depend.

4. Dane100

Dane100 Rookie

May 21, 2018
    I meant I won't buy a Lambo without it.

5. Dane100

Dane100 Rookie

May 21, 2018
    In GA

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It definitely makes the car more versatile, no concerns about steep driveway ramps or "overpaved" highways where side roads are several inches lower than main lanes, etc. Look around where you drive, if you see "carve outs" in dips in the road surface, especially at ingress/egress points of shopping centers, you'll be glad to have it. It definitely adds value to the car.

Dane100 likes this.
  7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ah. I get it now. Thanks.

The only feedback I can offer, not directly related, is that the previous owner of my 430 had it lowered. It pissed me off so much scraping the nose on absolutely everything that one of the first things I did was have it raised back to factory specs.

Apart from aesthetics, lowering the car did two things. It (presumably) lowered the center of gravity a couple of inches, which gave me a sharper feel cornering on track. It did squat for street driving.

It also created slightly more underbody downforce at track speeds, again, squat difference in street driving. That underbody airflow though also made for less airflow through the front brake ducts, leading to some severe ass puckering moments including this one into the hairpin at Sebring. (The guys at the flag station called it “one hell of a save” though.) Image Unavailable, Please Login

If the standard ride height is sufficient for conditions where you live, great, go with it. If you want the look that comes with a lower height, you’ll probably appreciate the lift option. Trust me, scraping everywhere you go gets old really fast.

Dane100 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

If u intend on having novi springs on it then yes by all means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dane100 likes this.
  9. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    I have owned two cars with a suspension lift. My 2014 Porsche GT3 and my 2013 458 Spider. The Spider has more clearance than the GT3 (which I have since sold and rarely used the lift on anyhow) and even with the mountain roads I drive on I have yet to use it. There are a few places it would come in handy around town so I am glad I have it but I would still buy a 458 with out one now that I know I don't really need it!

Dane100 likes this.
  10. Dane100

Dane100 Rookie

May 21, 2018
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback.

11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I had the lifter on my F12 and if you breakdown on a parkway (in NY) which I did, you are not allowed to call your own truck, you can only use the flatbeds that the state provides and let me tell you then are not sports car friendly. You need the lifter.

Dane100 likes this.
  12. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    If U R Not on a tight budget optioning UR car.
    I would suggest to have a lifter with no second thoughts.
    IMO, 2 things make a world of difference in Ferrari's driving/comfort/joy experience, Lifter & Driving Zone LED.
    U may not always need Lifters, but when U do, they are really missed.
    Enjoy,,,

Dane100 likes this.