Would you trade 328 for 360? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Would you trade 328 for 360?

Discussion in '308/328' started by ferrari#7, Mar 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    360 3-pedal and never look back. 1999 model, if you can find one.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

2. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Soon and very soon, to quote the late, great Andre Crouch.. :)

3. timanie

timanie Rookie

Jan 25, 2021
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    JML
    I don't think it will end...I have a red/tan 1987 328 GTS with low km, a silver Fiat spider 1983, a Ducati 959 Corse and I’m dying to get my hand on a 360 Modena now...so for now, I guess I’m not your guide LOL

4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    The initial thread is now 6 years old and purely from an investment point of view, the 328 is now worlds apart from a 360.

maurice70 likes this.
  5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I ask because I don't know: what is 360 pricing like these days?

Matt

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was told if you were to get a 360, make sure it’s a 2003 or later as the years before that has issues.

7. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #82 ginoBBi512, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    The 360 is Ferraris issue while they were using some sort of illegal or legal substances, the 430 is when they started to sober up, and the 458 is Ferrari in recovery , minus the manual gearboxes. So no, I think I will keep my 328 . lol There is no way other than the said reason ( just making fun ) for them to go from the beautiful 355 to the fugly 360. We all know that Ferrari can never recreate the incredible machines that touted and shouted their name so well in the 50s, 60s , 70 s 80s and 90 s , other than when they first started to come out with the modern front mounted V12s. Nothing comes un glued in my 328 after 32 years , I wonder why thats not the case with the new Ferraris ?

Thank you

Saabguy likes this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have to say that I have not checked the market values for years, but I would say that here in France, the two are probably "about the same" (?) with the obvious variations for condition, and the fact that a 360 with manual gearbox is probably valued more than one with the paddles: my impression is that the value for a 360 manual and a 328 are probably at about the same level these days (?).
    But I never liked the shape and lines of the 360; did not like these when the car came out new on the market, still don't like these today. Much too bulbous for my taste, although I like the spider slightly better than the coupé. That car does nothing for me, no emotion (same with the 430, by the way); I like the 458, visually, but they do not come with manual gearboxes...

Rgds

9. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    While I agree with nerofer mostly, I disagree with his feelings on a 458 not having manual gearboxes. Experiencing the unrelenting surge of power from a 458, as a person shifts through the gears, would soon make you rethink your opinions of it NOT having a manual. I can't imagine a 328 having a paddle shift transmission, I can't imagine a 458 being better with a manual gated shifter.

Rosey likes this.
  10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I remember back in 2015 when Mike Brewer and Ed China from Wheeler Dealers came to our local C&C in Huntington Beach and after I took photo with them next to my car, I wasn’t being serious but I ask Mike what do you think if I trade my QV for a 360, Mike immediately replied “no, no, no, don’t do it, in UK, for one of this (pointing at my car) you can get two 360 and he looks serious too and Ed just nodded, but anyway I couldn’t forget that day.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I don't disagree but actually, I don't care much about horsepower: considering the speed limits here these days, the numerous roundabouts, speedbumps, etc...the 328 is already a lethal weapon perfectly able to send you to jail in no time; I shudder to think what the 458 would be. You cannot enjoy the 328 horsepower fully anymore, so the 458 level of performance would make no sense at all.
    My emotion towards a car is visual and mechanical: I honestly think that you do not get the same feeling towards, and from, a car that does not have a manual gearbox. Performance does not matter at all these days, except if you can track the car.

Rgds

12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Nice pic, Mike.
    Perhpas the 360 value will start to rise, or at least to consolidate, in a few years; it is now 20 years old or so, a bit of a "dark age" for Ferraris: too old to be seen as having relevant performance, to young to be seen as a "classic" yet. Admittedly, that is, IF the future of the Internal Combustion Engined cars is bright...

Rgds

miketuason likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Too bad it ended up ugly between them 2!
    The 360 manual is really the only one with a shot at appreciating. Doesn’t make the f1 a bad car at all but currently it doesn’t seem like they have any shot to gain value vs sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketuason likes this.
  14. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    neofer- sounds like you should come to Oregon for the Ferrari Club of America meet this coming summer. Lots of nice deserted roads, through pretty countryside to stretch out a car. Maybe in France, things have gotten crowded, and there's not much point driving a car more powerful than a volkswagon. I KNOW on some of the drives I took with the Ferrari club, I'd be struggling to keep up in my 328GTB. The one drive I DID take it on, it wasn't much fun, it was work. Some of these guys, are nuts! I'm old and would like to enjoy the scenery. But forty years of owning a Ferrari, I've NEVER received one ticket in them. I certainly deserved some.

15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, I know that Oregon is beautiful: I crossed it with Amtrak in September 2019 (flew from France to Chicago, then went from Chicago to Seattle by train; stopped two days in Seattle; then from Seattle to San Francisco by train; stopped three days in 'Frisco; then from San Francisco back to Chicago by train; and from Chicago we flew back home) but I'm afraid traveling will have to wait at least until next year, due to the Covid crisis...

It's not that things have gotten crowded, it is that they hunt you everywhere for any speeding, what ever small: automatic speed traps, fixed; portable speed traps (=radars); speed traps in banalised cars, and what have you. Got two tickets in December only, the second one on Christmas morning, no less. Not that much speeding actually (59 mph instead of the mandatory 55; twice 45 euros, and twice one point less on my driving licence (which has 12) but it is the feeling of being constantly hunted down, anywhere, everywhere. And if the speeding is "material", they can confiscate the car on the spot. You have to abide, or...

Really, having a powerful car makes no sense at all here these days (and you need a very good lawyer...usually expensive, if you want to preserve your licence and keep the car); so it makes no sense, unless you want to show it to the crowd driving at 20 mph in front of the cafés in the middle of the city.
    Classic cars are the way to go, that is, until these will be banned for their emissions. Morale of the story? A classic, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Rgds

16. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Thankfully there are plenty of places in California where you can exploit the power of a 458 / 488 / 812 etc, with that being said, manual gearboxes would make doing so much more fun in my opinion. With that being said , if and when I can afford a 488 , Ill buy it , and I will figure out how to have as much fun as I can driving it.

Thank you

17. JonWH

JonWH Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    Would you trade 328 for 360?

- no

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Where aside the tracks? They are too powerful for canyon roads to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #94 ginoBBi512, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    I respectfully disagree , Its all about throttle control. 700 HP ,with big fat tires, and more weight , will not be much more difficult than driving the wheels off of a 328 ,its that simple. I will also choose to turn off the traction control. When Im aboard any of my high powered motorcycles, I can be maybe 70 - 75 miles from my house, and click high triple digit speeds with impunity on two lane roads , which as you may know . is a lot more difficult than doing the same in an 812 or F8 . California is unlike any other state, or place in the world, and as I have said before, especially Florida, there is no comparison. Death valley straights and others, can support 200 MPH runs easily. East San Diego County, Riverside county, just to mention a couple, have incredible roads, with very few cars, and very few law enforcement hanging around. The grip vs HP in these modern F cars are the same as those that I am used to (328, 348, 355, I have had the good fortune to drive all three), you just have to know what your doing, its that simple. I can remember an article in a mag about a viper vs a liter class sport bike up at Angeles Crest, the viper hosted about 600 HP and beat the motorcycle, not to much power for a canyon / mountain road whatsoever.

Thank you