360 - Need a 175263 steering rack | FerrariChat

360 Need a 175263 steering rack

Discussion in '360/430' started by FiatAbarth850, Feb 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    Hi folks,

I need a Ferrari part 175263 LHD TRW steering rack or compatible replacement for a 2000 360 Modena. Or, I need to rebuild it. Anyone know where I can find a rebuilt one or details on the seals required to rebuild it?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

2. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Hi Bill,
    ADCO in Houston that rebuilds them no big deal just like any other rack except the Ferrari tax. What fiat is that in your avatar, looks cool. Gud luk mate.
    Cheers

3. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    G'day rizzo, Thanks for the tip on ADCO. I'll call them in the morning. The avatar is a 1959 Fiat Abarth 850. It's based on the Fiat 600 chassis but with hundreds of changes/modifications by Abarth to turn it into a reasonably quick race car that is still streetable. I've owned it since 1975.

halr75 likes this.
  4. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    So that's a 4 cylinder and what HP do you have. Im building a engine for my 500 using 126 engine, im finding it difficult to find someone in Perth that can balance it. I was looking for 850 but there rare here well one's that aren't rusted out. I found a small leak in my 360 rack last week so one more job to add to the list.

5. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    Yes, 4 cylinder, push rod, 13:1 compression, 36 DCD Weber on the big Abarth intake manifold, ported polished flowed cc'd head with the trick valve set-up, roller bearing rockers, 308* duration cam, cam belt instead of timing chain, twin point distributor, 938cc, Abarth 4-2-1-expansion chamber-megaphone header/exhaust, its about 105hp at 8700. It's surprisingly reliable...easy to start, idles nicely at 1500 rpm, pulls like a train from 5500 and up. Makes a glorious noise. A very different driving experience from the 360, much, much more raw.

My 360 rack has a moist looking end but doesn't leak or use power steering fluid but it can't pass a government safety that way so I have to fix it. I'd like to find out what seal sizes it uses so that I could rebuild it instead of having it rebuilt or replacing it. I could take it apart and then go looking for seals but would prefer to have parts on hand, so that I know that they're available and the car won't spend too much time in pieces.

Good luck with the 500. They are seriously neat little cars.

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    There is a place in the uk that does full overhauls of these

7. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Wow! nice bit of HP for such a car. Would imagine there's not to many car like yours around Canada very rare, I can't remember the last time I have seen one on the streets here. I bet it's awesome to drive especially on the track with no cops to bust ur balls.
    If you end up finding the seal kit please let me know the supplier.
    Cheers Phil

8. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
  9. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    That is a sharp looking car. The black-out color is mean looking. Do you really need the parachute? I'd love to see a video of it being deployed!

10. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Yeah bill the Shute is dummy. I had car at my trimmers and for a joke they put the shute on back of car, I kinda liked it so it's staying on for now. It's only got 17 HP.
    Cheers

11. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    Well, the chute looks real interesting. If I saw it on a car on the street I'd be following it trying to figure out what motor was in it that it needed a chute. To find out that it had a stock Fiat 500 in it would be a real laugh!

The car looks great though and it will deserve its motor upgrade. I'd love to see a video of it driving once you've got it done. Cheers.