F8 - Which is Darker? | FerrariChat

F8 Which is Darker?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bigbobo, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    I see a lot a pics in F chat and other places but the same colors look so different depending on the camera and lighting. The question is which Red is darker Rosso Maranello or Rosso Coburn? This will be for a F8.

2. 2k8SB

2k8SB Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I think this is a hard question to answer. To my eyes Rosso Maranello is more consistently brighter. Both colors changes significantly in direct sunlight but I think Coburn changes the most. I have a Pista with a Coburn stripe and in direct sunlight it is really bright, in cloudy sunlight it looks almost a dark blood red.

See the pictures below of different lighting conditions on Coburn. Hope this helps.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Love your red stripe. The way it pops with the different angles on sunlight! This is the first time I have seen it against...Is that Bianco Italia?

4. 2k8SB

2k8SB Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Thanks! It's Bianco Liana.

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Should have known. It is one shade silverish more than the Italia. Such a rare color. The Italia gives you that same silver shade. The lighting is such a fun factors in these paints. I love it. And the Rosso against it, you my friend, pulled a Rembrandt with this car. Standing ovation. Both rare colors perfectly combined in great proportions.

6. 2k8SB

2k8SB Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Thanks for the kind words. Spent a lot of time in the tailor made studio deciding on the right shades to go together. They have a light box in TM as well where you can view the color swatches under different lighting conditions, amazing the difference the light makes on the colors. Although I have to say I prefer my combo in bright full direct sunlight like the first picture, both colors really pop together.

GT2goneF and of2worlds like this.
  7. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I think it looks sick... great job

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name: