430 - Question for those with two sport cars | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Question for those with two sport cars

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dennis_said, Feb 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I feel like I’ve found a good balance differences. 488 spider and 812SF.
    I’ve had a lot of different cars over the years and I’m now about 15 years from retirement. So I’m going to be focusing funds stronger in that direction and winding down my car addition. I honestly feel like I’m done with these two cars. They are so good and so fast I don’t think I need any more. Time will tell but I’m am content for a first time. They are obviously different enough mid engine turbo convertible vs V12 coupe normal aspiration. The 812 is just at another level. It’s everything I could ever want and more. Additionally the wife has a 911.1turbo S she daily’s and I take it for more diversity. Lastly when we want the ultimate in comfort we take the Alpina B7. Its amazing. Feeling truly blessed and needing nothing more. This time I mean it:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

honda corse, VAF84 and Need4Spd like this.
  2. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    I have a 997.1 C2S along with my 360. They are very different cars and I use them for different reasons. The 997 is way better at "blending in", which is kind of nice if I'm going somewhere in the city.

Dennis_said likes this.
  3. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I own the same pair and they are definitely very different. My biggest (first world) challenge is the Lotus requires a lot more effort to get out of the garage (tandem setup). The Elise is more engaging on the backroads, but it just doesn't have the sound! It also has a 3rd pedal :)

Way2fast and Danedingerson like this.
  4. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Having multiple cars has a lot of benefits. If one goes in for service then I still have something to drive. I'm also able to do a lot of driving without racking up the mileage since things get split up between cars. Also by having more then one I've found each car to be more special as I'm not getting used to anything in particular.

Stable is as follows:
    DBS 6 Speed -For when I'm craving manual or when it's below 20C (black on black the thing is an oven in the summer)

EVO RWD Spyder (ETA Q2) -For when weather is perfect for top down motoring

F430 -Everything inbetween or when I'm craving an analog racecar-esc experience.

Feel like I have all the bases covered; V8, V10, V12. Manual, F1, DCT. Front and Mid engined, GT and supercars, coupes and spyder. I also am in market for F12, that's probably going to overlap some things but I'm in love with the looks and that V12...

5. My AZFerrari

My AZFerrari Karting

Sep 16, 2018
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Sean Thompson
    I love having three sports cars:
    F430, 458, Corvette C7Z06

One of the Ferrari’s on the weekends unless an out of town trip then the Z06. None of them are DD. I usually end up with around 1200 to 1500 miles on each Ferrari and closer to 3k on the Vette. I’ve had three since Sept of 18. To each his own, make yourself happy.

VAF84 likes this.
  6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    360 and Z06, neither one of them are driven nearly enough, yet I have no intention of getting rid of either. When I was working a 9-5 at an actual building, I would drive a toy car on Friday and through the weekend if the weather permitted. Now that I work from home an have a dedicated work car for traveling, there's less driving opportunities...so I will use the Vette for weekend restaurant visits, etc., and the 360 for the occasional car show or pleasure cruise.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. F12finally

F12finally Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2020
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Robinson
    2020 Acura NSX
    2020 Corvette C8 HTC
    2019 Corvette ZR1
    2104 Ferrari F12

F12 nothing like the sound of a V12 great GT or sports car.

ZR1 almost 800hp raw power and performance. Scarier to drive than the Ferrari.

NSX technological marvel. Very subtle. Cool car to drive. AWD.

C8 lots of people want to see it. Lots of questions at the gas station. Been using it as my daily for a while now. Does good in wet. Not a tone of HP but it does accelerate nicely.

8. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    My 1985 308 GTS QV is only for DRY top off weather days to shows / mountains
    My 2017 911 Turbo S is for Shows and Mountain drives, as well as just anytime I need to feel the 650 whp rush in any weather conditions.
    My 2016GTI (just sold, but thinking of replacing with a Golf R) is for run around errands and an occasional trip to the hills. Great fun in the mountains.
    My 2016 RAM Diesel Truck is for, well...everything else.
    But my main veh. is my patrol cruiser and since I work so much to pay for the others, yes, they all sit way more than I wish they did.

9. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Man… That is quite the collection. And your wife Daily drives a Porsche turbo S? That is hot

DOWORKFCAR, vonbeeler and VAF84 like this.
  10. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    997 C2S was the daily then got a base Cayenne 3-pedal. 360 for the weekends. Every weekend. Took the Cayenne here to Minneapolis for the frigid cold and snow. Can't wait to get back to the 997. I miss it.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Manual transmission Pepper. That's got to be rarer than hen's teeth!

T

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Oh it is. Usually only 1 or 2 in the country for sale. It's an interesting experience. I think the platform is overall better suited to the automatic though...
    The rub is the Cayenne uses so many electrical subsystems that you ALWAYS have a warning light on.. :)

tomc likes this.
  13. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    With 5 young kids at home we are setup with a 2014 X5 35i 3rd row with m sport. I added m performance exhaust and tune, awesome family hauler. Perfect for weekend trips to Whistler or Okanagan.

My daily is a Guilia Quadrifoglio which is a mega! I added Cup2’s, KW coilovers, tune and sport cats and it really dialled the performance. A true 4 door Ferrari.

And there’s the f430.... if I had to keep one (you know what it is!) would happily trade it all in (pack the kids) and ride the bus :)

14. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    100%. Never selling mine

honda corse likes this.
  15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The trick is to have cars that are wildly different..The you drive wherever the muse takes you.

For example . . .

I also had a 1990 911C2 tucked in the garage at this time.

Drove them all, the M3 was my DD, the rest got weekend and evening exercise. (although my one kid loved it when I picked him up at school with the Dino.)

With the Porsche and 430, suggest you pick one as your primary fun time car, and the other fills in the blanks, like trips to the grocery, or Home Depot, etc.

Although, got some stares when I took my 360 to Home Depot and put 5 gallons or driveway sealer in the trunk. :D

D

16. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Rock on....my kind of post

17. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    This. I’ve had eight of the new MINIs and love them. Have to admit I only put 400 miles on the JCW last year but it gets driven at least once a month. My two daily drivers are appliances.

Attached Files:

18. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I don't have a problem since they both are usually in pieces.

RedNeck likes this.
  19. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark

Good info— that’s a bucket list Car I’ve been thinking about or a 70 Chevelle again.

20. evilruss

evilruss Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    Rockford
    #45 evilruss, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    For the fun cars I have a 98 Viper gts, a 996 turbo, and a 430, which I acquired in that order. When I bought the Viper back in 2012, I used is as my daily driver for the first couple years, minus the winter of course here in Minnesota. Added the awd 996 and a set of winter wheels for it, so I had something fun year round, and then used that as the main daily driver for the next several years. Now with all 3 I'd say the Porsche is still the easiest to use any time of year, and tends to get the most miles annually, but at the moment both the Ferrari and Porsche are torn apart for repairs/updates, and the Viper is hibernating. Hoping to have all 3 roadworthy by spring though, and get back to adding miles to all three.

kes7u likes this.
  21. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I have had a 997s and F430 (now 458) so exactly what op is considering. I think they balance well. One is a daily and one is the weekender. I'm sure you can guess which is which. I do most of my track days with the 997s (manual) to work on skills but then I'll through in the 458 once in a while as a "reward." I think the 997.2s you have and the F430 will be different enough to enjoy both aspects.

Dennis_said likes this.
  22. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Exactly. One sports car, one street rod, one rat rod, one restored '58 Eldo Biarritz. Each one gives me entry into a whole other world of enthusiasts-- and I love the diversity. It's like getting to live multiple lives!

I tried owning two sports cars. Not any advantage as I end up liking one more than the other and out comes the "For Sale" sign

NMNMNMN likes this.
  23. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have a 612 OTO which I use in good weather months (Massachusetts) and a FF which I can drive through the winter. They complement each other very nicely. Although in the shoulder seasons sometimes it's a dilemma. :D

24. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Another vote in the "just make sure they are different" camp:
    I just bought a 430 that has a lot of miles but was really well maintained and has been setup a notch or two sportier than stock: full exhaust (sounds absolutely epic) and H&R springs. The suspension setup absolutely transforms the feel of the car. To me this the most exciting car I have ever owned, hands down.

I also have a manual V12 Vantage, which is another incredible car, but it is so very different. I can drive it to work or around town and it kinda blends in.

So I choose the Italian balls-out excitement or the classy and exotic but still sporty thing. I find I want for essentially nothing material.
    Cheers!

25. f430Bul

f430Bul Rookie

Dec 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Toma Tomov
    Hi, I have 997.2 C4S, f90 M5 and just waiting for the delivery of an F430 Spider....... at the moment the M5 is sitting in the garage ....... for weeks...... C4S is having a lot of use...... ( really soft winter this year) and after the delivery of the F-car...... I think (during the summer) the porsche is going to sit just next to the M5 in the garage......