For Sale - 1980 Porsche 911SC | FerrariChat

For Sale 1980 Porsche 911SC

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by A12pilot, Feb 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I’m selling my 1980 Porsche 911SC since I can’t fight the feeling of getting a newer Turbo and a 348 search is on! I’d keep it, but selling one helps pay for the other, so here we are. My first air cooled Porsche and man are they FUN!!! I’m quite pleased with how the car drives, handles, and the build quality is amazing. As everyone knows, the 80s weren’t known for high standards of performance or well built cars. This car exceeded my expectations and it’s hard to believe it’s a 1980. Some more details:

The car has had serval owners and has 158K miles and increasing since I drive it at least once a week when I can. The third owner had the car the longest putting 85K miles on it during his ownership. He was the former President of the Wilderness Trail chapter of PCA. All owners were Porsche enthusiasts and the car was taken well care off from a service standpoint until the last few years when cosmetically, it started to slide with small dings, rock chips, and an extremely bad buff or polish job. Lots of receipts to back up the service done to it. Never raced or auto crossed.

Maintenance done to the car shown in the receipts:

-Trans rebuilt at 65K miles with a new clutch
    -H4 Headlights
    -Euro lenses
    -Pop-out valve on the air box installed
    -Hydraulic chain tensioners added
    -Starter, fuel distributor, catalytic converter all replaced several years ago
    -2007 all brake rotors and linings as well as flex lines replaced
    -A/C system redone in 2008

It’s equipped with Fuchs wheels, Sunroof, Power windows, Cruise, Dual Power Mirrors, Whale Tail spoiler, and Automatic Heat Controller. Spare, jack, tool pouch, are all present. I just changed the oil and replaced the puffy/bloated sun visors that’s all too common with these. I’m also polishing the paint from all the swirls that were inflicted by a previous owner with either and dirty rag or who knows what! Someone replaced the seatbelts with red ones, and I do have the original black ones that will come with it. I’m trying to “right” some of the “wrongs” that previous owners do which makes our classics become pieces of crap!!!!

Asking $38,500

I’ll post up some better pictures later today!

Cheers
    Dave

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 1990ruf

1990ruf Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    Naples FLorida
    Full Name:
    Paul
  3. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
  4. ag997s

ag997s Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 19, 2007
    beautiful! and very tempting

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Looks like it has the deep bolster sport seats, that's a pretty rare option on an SC. Good luck with the sale.

paulyp likes this.
  6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    First thing I noticed as well. Too bad it's not something other than black, I'd be severely tempted. (On the other hand, maybe the fact it's black is a good thing so I won't be tempted...haha..)

7. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Nice SC. Any idea of how much of the paint is original?

8. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes, forgot to add about the seats. Another option and they’re pretty nice. Very comfy and fitting!

From what I gather, the rear end and door were painted due to damage (key on the door, and parking lot back up on the rear bumper area) but the rest is original.

Some paint work will be needed due to chips and a small dent on the left rear wheel lip. If it doesn’t sell in a month or so (I’m not in any real rush since it’s such a fun car) I’ll do some paint correction and touch up when the temps warm up along with a few other things.

I’m flexible on the price. It’s a really good car.

Cheers
    Dave

Bthesixthree likes this.
  9. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Lots of interest in my Porsche. What a great forum! Three people scheduled next week to check it out. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Cheers
    Dave

10. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I had an 1980 911SC Targa as my first Porsche -- three decades ago -- and I loved that car. Took a day or two to get used to the pedals coming up off the floor but a very pure air-cooled driving experience. Pretty bulletproof motor, too, with the tensioner upgrade that this car has had.

On an older 911, you can check for paintwork by running your finger along the edge of the wheel wells, Porsche painted them with a textured paint there, if the car was painted, the body shop typically would not do that, and it would be smooth. Factory paint typically has some pretty significant orange peel, although sometimes people will wet sand it out so that's not necessarily a good tell. However, that car should have had single-stage paint from the factory, so if you're polishing and the cloths are not turning black, there's a clear coat and it's probably been painted at some point. Not that it's a big deal on a car with that sort of age and mileage, a clear coat is a good thing to have, especially on black. The single stage paints tended to fade in the sun and the modern clear coat paints were usually harder and less prone to chips than the original factory paint was -- at least until they made everything water based.

Tifosi Dude likes this.
  11. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sold! New owner extremely happy. Thanks Ferrari Chat! Now it’s onto the 348 Spider search!:cool:

cheers

Tifosi Dude and 19633500GT like this.