My 308 GTB #33007 STOLEN!!! Please share... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My 308 GTB #33007 STOLEN!!! Please share...

Discussion in '308/328' started by 8valve, Dec 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    At least here in Germany legislation sometimes changes. In Sept. 2016 a high court here declared this regulation as invalid.
    No matter how long it took for the classic car to reappear, they have to hand over the car to the owner, who has to reimburse the damage sum.
    Like said, it only applies to special classic car insurance agreements.
    Main reason was, that the insurance companies could otherwise benefit from value rise. The judges also took the special emotional relationship of the owner to his vehicle into account. Go figure!

Best from Germany
    Martin

2. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    *NEWS!* It has been 5 years and 2,5 months since my 308GTB (#33007) was stolen.
    14 months later, I found it back. (I checked EVERY car advertising site 3-4 times a week, for 14 months..) It was advertised for sale in Belgium.
    The next day me and a friend (I’ll keep his name private for now) drove down to identify the car. After confirming that it was indeed my car, the police confiscated the car, and it was taken into custody.
    3,5 years of legal precedings followed, and finally the car was turned over to my insurance company who in turn offered the car back for sale to me.
    And that’s where we stand right now...I bought back the car that I owned for almost 13 years before she was stolen from me.
    Obviously there’s work to be carried out. Engine needs a thorough inspection and service, and some cosmetic issues need to be dealt with. But I will soon be able to enjoy her again. And I’m VERY happy and proud to be the owner again of #33007, a beautiful black dry sumped euro GTB.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  4. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That’s great news! I don’t suppose the criminals did a major service and installed a new set of tires before you got it back ;)

tomberlin likes this.
  5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great news Mick!

8valve likes this.
  6. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Do you have any of the details about how it was stolen, where it’s been and how much it was driven?

7. QV308

QV308 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Wonderful news and a just reward for your perseverance Mick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kuwait355 and 8valve like this.
  8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Tell us about the 3.5 years of legal issues.

Albert-LP likes this.
  9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes...and how it came in the hands of the people offering it for sale in Belgium...didn't they knew its origin was not legit?

But great news indeed; glad to know that she is yours again.

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  10. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Very good news Mick, i hope we can meet sometimes in the summer!!

8valve likes this.
  11. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yeah, I’d be curious to know how the sellers reacted when their two buyer prospects showed up with police to confiscate it.

12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Unfortunately, in the "Little (Good (?)) Old Europe", the across-border operation is usually the prefered option for anyone trying to get rid of a stolen Ferrari. Therefore, as a buyer, you always have to be extra-careful when buying a Ferrari from a nearby country: it might be a bit tough, or even insulting, for the honest sellers, but when buying from a nearby country, the car's history MUST be absolutely 100% complete, and clean: every step in ownership, owner's names, all service records...no blanks whatsoever...especially if the car was sold new in one country, then was resold in another...and then again, sold again in another one.
    It doesn't mean that across-border buys are dangerous, BUT if there are any blanks in the history, alarm bells MUST be ringing...

Therefore, should Mick be willing to share, I would be interested to know what the belgian seller had to say...

Rgds

13. ProvaMo

ProvaMo Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Mid West
    Full Name:
    Paul John
    Mick- Good news story and congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing how your post-reunion evaluation goes... i.e. how did 33007 fare over the years, what all needs to be done to bring her back to par?
    v/r Paul

14. Alfer

Alfer Formula 3

Sep 4, 2007
    NH/the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Menno
    Mich, congrats after such long story. Hoping to hear more details at sometime. Maybe see you at one of the Dutch F meetings.

15. robbie308

robbie308 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Robert Retzlaff
    Fantastic news, Mick! That must have been nerve-wrecking 3.5 years... I think we all feel very happy for you.
    Robert

16. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    Thanks for the kind words Robert! Which reminds me of an email you sent me a while back and I now realize I never answered...I’ve been extremely busy, we moved to a new home a few months ago and I’m now also the proud father of a 2+ year old girl...
    I’ll look it up!

robbie308 likes this.
  17. Imatk

Imatk Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    So awesome you found it and got it back! Congrats :)

18. Manuel.G

Manuel.G Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    España - Madrid
    Congratulations on everything! Long wait, it's worth it.

How many KM did they make in the Ferrari in that time?

19. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    Thank you sir!

20. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    Next to nothing. As I said before, the odometer reading was altered, from approximately 33000km to 53000km, to resemble the other black 308 that they cloned...

Albert-LP likes this.
  21. robbie308

robbie308 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Robert Retzlaff
    This even better news – congratulations, young daddy :) If/when this whole bloody situation is over and car events are possible again, let me know if you are taking 33007 to some event. Would be great to meet up again, maybe at the OGP like we did... what must have been 15 or more years ago!

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That's amazing!

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'd be curious how they didn't check to see if the car they had was stolen....

24. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    He said he asked a ‘friend’ to check the chassis number online (remember, it had a new number stamped in) and that friend informed him all was fine. Well, yes, if you google #26317 it shows a black GTB...

25. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Did they change the # on the sterring column as well or just the # in the engine bay?