488 - 1 whole year with my 488GTB | FerrariChat

488 1 whole year with my 488GTB

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Mighty Joe, Feb 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yup! I purchased this gorgeous car on 2/18/20! Right before the Corona Virus changed everything! Ugh..

I call her BRM (Big Red Machine). Its my 4th Ferrari...wow, did I just say 4th? Yup, I just keep deepening my addiction!:D
    This car is stellar in every conceivable way. It checked all the boxes for me and did I mention the performance? It goes from timid to ferocious in a flash!:p

I came from a 360 and two F430 Spiders and loved that I experienced those cars. I also test drove a few 458's and loved 'em. Then I decided to drive a 488! Holy Cow! It changed everything for me! I was smitten! I think its so seductive & sexy looking both inside and out with true supercar performance! What else is there??

As for maintenance or issues? Um, nothing! She has been bullet proof and I put about 4K miles on her this year. She goes in for her free annual service on the 23rd! Geesch, I love this car!!! I drive in Race mode 95% of the time and always use the F1 padels.....Brings a smile to my face every time! AND isn't that what this is all about???? Life is short.....go buy your dream machine!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

johnr265, IloveGT, Zinger and 31 others like this.
  2. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Awesome to hear! I am a 458 guy myself but love to hear someone who has found the car that connects with the heart, mind and soul!

Enjoy and be safe out there!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Napoli and Mighty Joe like this.
  3. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

How’s the sound “in your opinion” to the 458.

I’m testing both in April when I buy my first F car :)

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    A 458 revs higher so for those loving screaming engines the 458 wins hands down.
    For those enjoying performance the 488 is way ahead.

johnr265 likes this.
  5. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I have a new to me F430 spider. Still in honeymoon phase. But, when I tire of it, the 488 spider will be next!

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Mighty Joe likes this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The 488 GTB is awesome, FULL STOP.

blkdiablo33, adabbagh, Napoli and 2 others like this.
  7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Love my 488GTB too.... drove 458’s...8 came from the high rev 2018 Porsche GT3.

4K miles in a year...you don’t make me feel bad now. I did right at 4300 miles in the 1 year I’ve had my 2019. To me personally this is super low low miles but high miles per year in Ferrari world. The mileage thing with Ferrari people is something I totally despise

8. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    +1. I've had mine for a year as well. Only managed 3200mi so far.

Mighty Joe likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    To be fair.....ferrari guys usually have multiple cars so hard to spread the mileage. Most do anyways.

10. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I like the sound of my 488 especially in race mode. Yes, the 458 sounds good, but IMO the best sounding V8 Ferrari is still the 355. A 360 with a tubi has an awesome scream and my F430's were stock and to my ears they sounded amazing too. The 488 will not disappoint you in any category!

11. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    The supercar equivalent of a harem.

12. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I so enjoyed my F430's. After I sold the 1st one, I turned right around and purchased another (see pic)! You will love that car! And the 430's are standing the test of time very well. They still look so good! Enjoy driving your Spider!!!

VAF84 and vdm9 like this.
  13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    nice...love the wheels! here is mine...as you said, for the $$...great all around car, and that sound.......bellisimo!

mdrums and Mighty Joe like this.
  14. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    mdrums, Napoli and Mighty Joe like this.
  15. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I know right! These things are pretty darn bullet proof.... Beautiful in BLK!

vonbeeler likes this.
  16. adabbagh

adabbagh Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ahmad
    I’m getting my 488 tomorrow, and I can’t wait. Reading this makes me even more excited! it will be my 2nd Ferrari, I currently own and plan to keep my CaliT.

vonbeeler, blkdiablo33 and Napoli like this.
  17. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Awesome!! Happy for you! Please post pics when you get the car!!!!

adabbagh likes this.
  18. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    bought mine a year ago got 6k miles and love the car 488 is a beast

Napoli likes this.
  19. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats! enjoy

20. JonnySK

JonnySK Karting

Jun 28, 2020
    대한민국
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    Bought mine in June 2020. Did 4,000 miles in 6 months without a care. Has been absolutely brilliant, it's the only car I drive here. No point buying a 'daily' because I don't need to drive daily, and I'd pretty much never use it. The 488 can be civilized and brutal from one moment to the next. No plans to sell and many more miles to come in '21 and beyond.

21. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    My June 2018 GTB has at least 15,000 miles on it. Only problem was with battery (of course).

MANDALAY and mdrums like this.
  22. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yeah I've noticed the wealth of cars most have here on Ferrari Chat. A very good friend of mine is like that and he goes through exotics every year like crazy. I really love it...love seeing guys with multiple exotic performance cars and talking with them an hearing what they think about them and so forth.

Me not so much...lol.... Just the wife and I...but I drive a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee as my daily. As a traveling sales rep I will usually put around 30k miles a year on my daily however with Covid my company has cut travel off mostly and I did 11k in 2020. Wife has a Aston V8 Vantage 2020 and she drives about 5-6k a year only and we have the 488 which it is super hard for me not to get in about every day and go drive some where or run errands in it..LOL

Personally I'd love to have my 488GTB and a 2018/19 Porsche GT3RS....however that is NOT going to happen unless I can honestly find a sales gig that pays better. I do try though ;-)

23. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Owning my 488 was a fantastic experience for me. I'm glad others feel the same way!

Mighty Joe and Napoli like this.
  24. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

OP - Congratulations, your car is gorgeous.

I upgraded from a 458 Italia to a 488GTB and OMG, the 488 is an absolutely amazing car in every way. The performance is mind numbing while the styling, fit and finish, comfort and smile factor are as good as it gets. And as far as exhaust note is concerned, I really love that too (bypass valves always open) and in no way miss the higher reving NA engine! I ordered the 488r new and nearly three gloriously years later, I'm still blown away by this car's extraordinary beauty and performance abilities.

MANDALAY and Mighty Joe like this.
  25. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Man...We may be in the minority, but any ferrari variant looks great in black love it

vonbeeler, Mighty Joe and AD211 like this.