F8 Spider | Page 41 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    They won't stay there for long.

2. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Hey guys, I’ve been patiently looking for a 488 for the last couple of months and haven’t been able to find the right one.
    A dealership called me and offered me this F8 that is the exact color combo and optioned just like I would have built a 488 or an F8. The person that ordered it turned it down and It will be delivered in 2 months.
    I almost peed my pants. But it’s an additional 100k that I hadn’t planned for. I could do it and I want to do it but feeling a little guilty because my wife is going to lose it!!!! Tell me it’s worth the trouble!!!
    I’ve enclosed the build.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It depends on what kind of trouble you'd be looking at. If it is your wife leaving you, or your wife reminding you what you did every day, or you being in the red kind of trouble, maybe not a good idea.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    She’s a great girl. I would catch crap for awhile but she would be ok. She’s used to my “car problem”

vonbeeler likes this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Then you have answered the question yourself.

NYC Fred likes this.
  6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I’m sorry not to be totally clear I was hoping new F8 owners who might have been 488 owners would weigh in more than just marital advice . Thanks for your input though.

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I guess, I wasn't clear either. Get the F8. Didn't own a 488 but I didn't have to. Get the better and newer car if it doesn't affect relationship or finances.

Chizz likes this.
  8. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Was a very short term 488 owner, less than 18 months. Usually question merit of upgrading when technology is marginally better in the new model. This time around, the F8 is IMHO light years ahead of the 488. That said, went with the Spider vs. Tributo. Can’t get enough open air driving. So, if you could swing it without marital discord and financial ruin, you’ll be having an incredible driving experience. Have had my Spider for just over 5 weeks of ownership. Keep going back to it for fun driving. Didn’t feel the same with the 488.

Chizz likes this.
  9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I went from the 488 spider to the F8 spider and I was not sure if it would be worth the 100k delta. After two weeks with the car i can now say it was definitely worth the difference. It’s all around quicker and much more planted going around corners. The interior is much nicer to me as well. It seems to be a tad bit larger in the cockpit as well. You will not be disappointed. Buy the F8 and don’t look back. Best , Kirk.

stavura, JAM1, wthensler and 4 others like this.
  10. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Thanks Kirk!

11. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Thanks so much!

12. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Hello Capt. Kirk, have any pics to share of your steed? Am located South of you in the Bonita Springs area. Would love to share stories over a libation of choice at some point once “herd immunity” makes it safer.

Hugh

Chizz and Cigarzman like this.
  13. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Kirk’s interior is better this time around because his girl took control of the selection process.

I say go for it because is short, your wife’s losing it will be shorter yet.

I’m somewhere in line for the F8 Spider as well.........

14. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Hey Hugh, I’m just south of you in North Naples. I made a different decision last year by getting a 812SF rather than the F8. Had a 458 Spider and a 488 Spider so I decided to try a V12. Loving it so far and miraculously I haven’t missed the open air driving like I feared. Hoping to get out post COVID, especially with the events offered by the new Ferrari dealer.

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

See posts #903 and #951 in this thread. Google Ferrari Drivers group Sarasota we have get togethers as well as drives. I think we have a Facebook page too. Eventually I would like to take a drive down to see the new dealership in Naples. Best , Kirk.

Chizz likes this.
  16. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Chizz, didn’t look at your F8 build until now. The Blu TDF with Beige Tradizione is striking. My dealer has a 488gts with exact color copy on his used car floor section. Under specific dedicated flood lights, the speckles from the deep blue paint just dazzles. Wait until you got out with the Misses to Dinner. It’ll be like red carpet treatment at the Oscars. This is truly going to be exciting. Gotta see some pics when you take delivery. Go get’em!

Chizz likes this.
  17. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    There are more storms on the horizon. Just pack that car up and get down here to SWF. Ferrari’s 24/7/365 and no snow in sight. Am sure PlyCar can get you down to FL in no time.

jm2 and Chizz like this.
  18. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Thanks bro! I’m so excited I can’t stand it. I haven’t felt like this since I was a kid at Christmas. I know I will be overwhelmed at pickup but pictures will be forthcoming!! Thanks so much for your reply.

Whipcity76 likes this.
  19. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Going to F8Spider from my 488Spider now has me much more excited after all these posts.
    Can't wait!

Cigarzman, Whipcity76 and Chizz like this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    See!!! Exactly what I said with a lot less wording. I guess I was too cryptic. And one factor I forgot to mention; when your wife sees the car, she will immediately understand why the difference. Just from looking at it.

Whipcity76 and Chizz like this.
  21. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Come on down! Ferrari Naples has a “Exotics and Espresso” monthly event on one Saturday per month. Contact Emily Rose at the dealership. She coordinates all social events. Dealership # (239)256-1400. Just had the February Event. Over 40 cars/80-100 people. You can also schedule a complimentary car wash if you’re down here Mon-Fri. Emily can set that up for you, too. Very Best, Hugh

22. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Hey Neil, thanks for shout out. You’ve probably been involved in the “Cars on 5th” coupled with “Exotics & Expresso” at Naples Ferrari? Just got to meet Tomo last Saturday. Great guy. Very involved. Articulate and gregarious traits. Am very stoked being involved down here in SWF where my brethren up North are still shoveling out with no Ferrari’s in sight.. Can’t wait for another excuse to fire up the F8 Spider. Let’s go, let’s go.

23. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    See?! All you needed were a few crazy idiots like us down here letting loose on SWF Interstates/roads. First day I went out on I-75, broke one of my land speed records. The cars parted the “waters” and off I went. There must have been a trending social media event. When turned around heading back South, cars were honking horns, flashing lights, thumbs-up approvals, etc. There’s a stretch of the “I” where there are no exits for 6 miles. Top Down, 3/4 throttle. It was truly an ethereal experience. That said, can’t remember a stretch on I-684 where you could duplicate efforts. Spent my first 20 years in NY’s Metroplex. My fave was racing taxi cabs down Park Avenue on Manhattan Island back in the ‘70’s. Best-Hugh

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Thanks for the info. Currently my daughter and her family are here from NYC. The baby is 10 months old so I have been on lockdown since August, can’t wait to check out the new dealership