BBi valence colors | FerrariChat

BBi valence colors

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by johnaz, Feb 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Carefree, AZ/Anchorage, Alaska
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    Did the BBi cars come in body color on front and rear lower valence? Or could they come with black lower valence from factory? Know one could order all black bottom.
    Just wondered if any came with only black lower valence? Or were those maybe painted once the legalization valence covers were maybe replaced with stock covers.
    Thanks for any input.
    John

2. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    It appears the ones in the know on this site, must be busy, because there hasn't been much response to late threads on the 512BBi's. Your best friend may be doing a google search and look at images. It certainly looks like the vast majority of the cars that are painted other than red, appear to have body colored valances..
    I'm looking at a white car that I saw two years ago, that has a body colored covers on the back hatch and the spoiler is painted white. Looking back in ferrari Chat from two years ago, when the owner posted a question on that- never received any response. Looking at every other White BBi, I haven't seen another one that has a body colored spoiler, so I have to assume THAT was changed. But no one on this site ever took the time to opine on the question. IF a boxer was entered into a Concours not at a national level, one has to wonder whether anyone really knows what's correct or not. From my research, it doesn't look like the Boxers are like the later Testarossa's with the black valance and rocker covers on ALL of their cars up to 1991.

I spoke to a salesman at Lake Forest Ferrari today- Tyler Dean- wow what a GREAT guy. Been working there since 1984. In asking him values, he seems to think these cars are just stuck in the mid 200's. There was certainly the blip in prices in 2014-2015, but they're just kind of holding at where they're at. The fact that these cars aren't flying out of the dealerships, means there's NOT that many people interested in plunking down a quarter million bucks on a car that has a LOT of competition for fun factor in driving.

3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Boxer trim, entire lower portion of the car below the belt line was an available option from the factory for both BB’s and 308’s. Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Carefree, AZ/Anchorage, Alaska
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    Yes, know that. But could it be only lower front and rear valences in black? Or maybe those were just done in black after legalization when bumper details may have been removed?