NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 61 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    As I said, they're afraid of being exposed and tarnishing the brand. I don't understand why you say no one cares. I completely disagree with that. Nothing to do with selling every car. It's about competition.

2. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    AMG also cares (GT BS) as well as BMW who are expected to claim the crown of the fastest sedan with the M5 CS (it even has an outline of the circuit embossed on the headrest).

So basically, the Germans care.

BJK likes this.
  3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    This is how it's done. Watch this vid. If it does not increase your pulse then I am wasting my time trying to explain. Hopeless.

Jump to 1:10

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So the Germans care about track times on a track in Germany. Go figure.

When I say no one cares, what I mean is ring times do not sell any more cars than otherwise would have been sold.

ofcourse people care about watching a car go around a track as fast as possible. But no one cares when it comes to making a decision on what car to buy.

5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    So it's not about building the best car, it's about slapping a Ferrari badge on a good car and selling them all on it's past reputation. Just resting on their laurels. Of all companies, Ferrari should not be afraid of competition.
    They used to care so much that they would give journalists 'massaged' cars to test. :eek: :D

Ferrari Doesn't Give A FXX K About The Nürburgring
    https://jalopnik.com/ferrari-doesnt-give-a-fxx-k-about-the-nurburgring-1784852369

6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The Senna was McLaren’s showcase of what’s possible when a car is singularly focused on track times. They know the recipe. Unfortunately, one can never safely and fully experience its party trick (aero) on public roads.

The LT design brief is different. Those models aim to be brutally fast and flexible road cars that delivers a higher level of driver engagement than the base car. Unlike downforce, acceleration is an attribute that can be fully accessed and enjoyed safely in the right street environment.

800+ hp, low weight and a shortened final drive has resulted in acceleration that is downright savage and hugely entertaining/addictive.

of2worlds and BJK like this.
  7. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    #1507 MassAppeal, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    From what it looks like, the Sports series is defunct. And even JWW and I think Henry Catchpole had said that this is step up, and is a competitor to the Huracan Evo, which itself is a competitor to the 488/F8. The 720S was replaced by the 765LT/765LT Spyder. Whenever Mclaren does a LT, it’s the end of the line. Ferrari has gone to V6 hybrid for the 458/488/F8 replacement. And Aston Martin is using a hot V6 for its Vanquish. Unless Mclaren does a SF90 competitor, in that same price range and hp, which seems to be something that the Speedtail is (hybrid V8)
    Just thank Ford for the GT going this TTV6 route, which Ford can thank Jaguar XJ220 for pioneering it.

8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Yes. Yes they do. :cool: :D

dustman likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

This is basically what I’ve been saying for about 10 pages now.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    FGT with V6 was the letdown of the decade.

Caeruleus11, Thecadster and malladora like this.
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Totally agree, gorgeous car with a puny V6. Same way I feel about all these new Hybrids.

12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    This perception is what's going to make these (incl. Ferrari) a tough sell. Reality: it's got 670 hp. Since when is 670 hp not enough in an entry level supercar? :confused:

13. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    Shack likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Put a black roof on it and will be a big improvement. Good looking color.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Still too plain in web-config guise. I think real world this car will look better. Rear is very nice.

16. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I asked my dealer and he said to put your name down at as many dealerships as you can! Sorry not the answer I looking to get for you.

They really want history of buying cars from them for surety.

By the way.... What about the price hike?

Circa $200K!

Previous was $144,650! That's a 38% increase!

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    thats not the price. That is euro pricing which has VAT included.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Appreciate you asking.
    IDK a single P car dealer. The one we had here near Calabasas was a crook, we all stopped buying any P cars as a result.

19. None of those lap times are official Ring times from the manufacturers themselves.

20. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    My dealer today said circa $200k was his best guess.

May the Horse be with you

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Saw the LB prototype around the factory two weeks ago. The car is ready, it's rumored to be under production withing this year. No idea about the introduction date, but it should be quite soon. Engine(s) architecture and displacement is very similar to McLaren Artura one (and this I was told already three years ago, as everybody knows what the competitor is doing...)

Ciao

of2worlds, Caeruleus11, D11 and 4 others like this.
  22. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    yes that seems to be the case and my friend has a quadrofoglio and it is awesome and it IS a Ferrari motor !

23. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    will it be more powerful than the f8 tributo?

janmante likes this.
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes, but only a bit: rumors says around 750 combined power HP (650+100).

Somebody stated "737"

ciao

of2worlds, Caeruleus11, 9nb and 2 others like this.
  25. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    I read over 700 HP ! my friends 2018 Guilia Quadrofoglio ( same motor twin turbo V-6 ) YES made by Ferrari ! has 505 HP ! all they need do is just turn up the BOOST ! easy ! + bigger intercoolers , etc Image Unavailable, Please Login